Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, April 23, 2010

Starting out productively

Good morning. This is me. We’re starting out writing today from home. We’ve got about 45 minutes uninterrupted time. Fishyman has sprung the joint! He’s on his way up to WI as we speak … I think he has in mind to be putting his hook in the water in about 3 hours. He left before 5 am and now it’s about 6:15 am. Everything seems to be on schedule.

We had a good evening with him thought I’ve had MORE spectacular. This one was just a little bit mopey. It’s his first trip of the year and if I thought he had been thinking a lot over the winter months ABOUT fishing – it’s nothing like getting to the actual act. There’s been a lot of fishy talk and I had to admit that I felt myself a bit preoccupied with the sewing to take it totally to heart.

I felt bad because he said something like I know I’m boring to you. And it was like NO YOU are not boring, but there is a lot of fishy talk.

Afterward, we talked a little bit more personally. Not so much about the tasks he had left or when he was going to line the reel or such. There’s a LOT of details when it comes to fishing and even more so when you consider getting your house in order to be able to take a trip. Pswhoo. I love my fishyman, but I also love it when he thinks of things we’re both more interested in. Like – it’s even more preferable if you are talking of people your going fishing with than in the number of rods you’ve got loaded.

Ok, you! Quit complaining!

Rich took us out to dinner last night to a Mexican place. The food was ok though I loaded up too much on chips beforehand so I didn’t eat too much dinner. You heard the part of fishyman being preoccupied. I had been to a Dr. Marvin’s appointment so it was a late evening. Rich had been finalizing the boat details when we pulled up. Then after dinner we got home and never made it out of the bedroom. Ok, nothing wild and crazy, but our guy did get a round of his massages. Word is that we fell asleep and he got up for about a half hour. I don’t know must have fallen asleep at 8:30 pm? Somewhere around there.

I liked the thought of him going to bed earlier since he was waking up about 4 am. Our guy is used to at least 2 more hours of sleep and I know he has to struggle to get fully awake in the morning. *sigh* I know it’s a little sad when he goes, but we’re trying to be ok about that part … and I know that we’ve got parts that just can’t wait to get going on our planning.

Yesterday we started this thing about planning the things that need to be getting done as to the project. We didn’t get any calls from the newspaper readers about the mantel.

AHA! I think I did it … as to putting the ad now on Craigslist … I’m not sure if there is a delay … It seems like we did the right stuff, but it’s not showing yet.

We’ll have to see how that all works out. I’ll give it a day and then try again. It said something about looking for my post from 4-24-10 and because today is the 23rd, we’re hoping we did it right and there’s just a delay …

Well that’s about it for the moment … we’re all ready to head out. Be taking care of the day!