Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, March 29, 2010

Finishing up the Work Week

Good morning. This is me … but it’s the afternoon. Rich just left though we shared lunch together. I’m not so sure what kind of lunch that was though because he’d only brought one small piece of pizza … Yeeks!

It’s not too much of a day for concentrating. We showed sister the quilt we’d worked on over the weekend. I gave her a sheet and she didn’t hand it back. I’m thinking that she liked it. She said something positive about having found this new thing in life to love. That’s for sure. I would like to still get better at the craft so I could better my skill level. I would like the confidence to be finishing quilts as quickly as we are starting them. Figuring we have several pots in the fire. Want to do Joe and Cari’s, Bob and Rich’s, start the Dancers in Park – my first actual quilt made from our own design. We also have to help CS get done with the St. Rose quilt to sister. That’s gotta be a priority too. I’m sure hoping that Emily is coming and bringing her sewing machine so we could work together again. It was a lot of fun.

We’re going to have to figure out the money part too. I should get a check before we go, but it’s going to be needed to cover the rent, car and insurance – plus we’ll need a little more for all that to go through. Should get Rich’s money though and that should help. I think officially the first is on Thursday. We will need gas money and I’d like to treat out for Saturday lunch.

I think we might have mentioned something in here about our time being spent this week, but I don’t know if it got posted. The post we were working on yesterday or maybe Saturday didn’t get posted. We got engaged with sewing projects instead. Saturday was the creative day we came up with the new design … here I’ll show you.









Pretty cool, hmm? Don’t seem to be getting tired of this set … that’s when I know it’s pretty good. I keep going over and over it again like a sore tooth … just this one gives pleasure adrenaline.

Hmm, maybe we better think of catching up. I guess it’s been since Wednesday that we last posted. I think one or more of us were complaining about my sister. That’s the hard part of being a multiple … we really don’t do a lot of controlling as to who is out. Today we’re back to parts that are having no problems or uncomfortable feelings. I think we’re going to have to come up with a fair resolution to the marshmallow situation, but it hurts my head even to think about it.

I’m recalling now while skimming down from the last AMW post that we’d been looking up stuff on psychiatric disorders. I know that we were doing it and come to a few conclusions, but nothing I’d like to try elaborating now. It’s nice that we’re not worrying too much. We feel cautious as to my sister, but for the time being she’s getting the benefit of the doubt. This is much easier when we stick to subjects such as the quilting. Today is another sprawl FB set of posts. She might be taking a nap now because they’ve slowed down. Or, maybe she’s working. I think it was a very positive experience for her working on the Center’s quilt. Maybe she’ll progress that so we can go further ahead into some other projects.

I don’t mean to rush them, but there’s a certain lull in projects from the first part where you are finishing the top to the next parts where the sashes and bindings are going on. It’s kind of like a dull aching pain in that there is nothing really as fun to look at. I think part of this is too that we don’t have a grasp on the quilting part where you are binding the top, middle and bottom part in place together. Then there is excitement when the back part gets done … followed by a dull part where you are waiting to hang it up … and then it goes up and that’s a big deal … and then after that there is just sneek.

Hmm, CS is talking about the quilt. I can see her worrying about the hanging aspects. She’s trying to think of ways to prevent the batting pulling away from the quilt. It is going to mean extra quilting. If she’d just do the big quilting sewing machine we’d be able to get past this major obstacle. I’m telling her that this weekend the three of us can be available between Emily, CS and me. If it can’t be fixed then … then HAVE SOMEONE over to LOOK AT IT. It’s been going without use for almost a year now.

Ok, now back to our peaceful self. I just took a quiz on what I was meant to do.

It said I was a visionary WooHOO!! Just gotta get past the deal where I’m expected to work. There must be a way like that out there somewhere, right?

I’d like to work don’t get me wrong, but I’d like to be doing something like the quilting or writing that I really enjoy doing. Maybe Amazon has a book on how to quilt and make a million?

Ok, they had like Millions of ideas on quilt making, but not necessary how to earn your fame and fortune. It would seem the most likely thing to do would be to sell a book on quilt-making, but I really don’t have that kind of knowledge. It seems there are too many books on quilting anyway. I’m still lost to the idea of how to make a jillion off of my blogs. Seems it comes up periodically, and then sometimes more quickly than others … disintegrates into a pile of fluffy ashes. Yup yup … these are the kind of ideas you get from lighting scented Cinnamon Candy Candles when the big sisters come.

Hmm, it seems like we don’t have much written, we keep coming in and out of the space. The big sisters notation is that Sr. Theresa’s Italian higher-ups are going to be visiting the center tomorrow. I won’t be here though. I was going to take off Wednesday, and then Thursday and Friday we have holiday, and so the most perfectly thought out idea … was to take off tomorrow too! WooHooo! I’m going to then have 6 days off for the cost of 2 days vacation, plus we have like 8 more days left through June. Should be good. I might want to save a few more for Rich’s fishing if he asks me. That’s always a nice trip.

As to the plans … just in case we HAVEN’T covered this yet … We have off Tuesday and we’ll stay home, sew, write, clean and pack. Wednesday by 6 am we’re leaving with Rich to go fishing … should be a 4-5 hour drive. Then we’ll stay overnight and come back late Thursday. And then on Friday, I am going to be driving by myself back up to WI, but this time just 2 ½ hours to see CS. We have things to be doing and hopefully our friend Emily will come over after she and CS are done with class.

Then I have to come home by 3 pm, because we’ll be eating dinner over at Joe’s and Cari’s. This is a first so it’s pretty much a big deal. Then we’ll have Sunday morning to relax a little and catch up with Rich and then he and I will go to his mother’s for dinner and maybe Bob and Marcia will join us. That’s left to see yet.

But, in general that is the plans. Usually I like sitting at home more, but I guess this new change in my behaviors has something to do with coming out of my shell.

As to the sewing projects … Rich suggested so I started seriously Joe and Cari’s quilt on Saturday. I did all the cuts and then sometime over the next 24 hours we managed to sew the 9 rows x 7 columns. We then pinned the rows together, but we didn’t get any further than that. Hopefully we can finish that part in the next 24 hours. It’s coming along really well … just that I get so excited about it combined with fear that I’m going to wreck it … we have to put a little space within it.

Keep looking over my office to make sure everything is in order. It seems good. If sister were to get rid of me one day, I’d need at least 3 days to clear my stuff!













Whoops outa here!