Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Tuesday morning ... nothing unusual

Good morning. We’ve been up for about an hour, but we’ve been fooling around. I was listening to some funny stuff on a channel I didn’t know about before. I think it’s called “Current.” There’s a lot of lampooning especially of the news. Good stuff.

I also stopped by at Facebook. I found that Maury had left a picture of us online. It’s this one.



Hmm found this picture too … Maury got a tattoo



It looks pretty red. There’s this one part of me that’s not as much a mom that says it looks pretty tuff! But then the Mom part worries … could that be infected? Did he use a clean needle? Did it hurt? Well actually Maury confirmed it does hurt … so that part isn’t so cool, but what’s done is done.

AHA! Maury already responded to the comment I left on his FB about Tuffy. I asked him if I could put a picture of his Tattoo on my FB. I’m not sure what he’s going to say. We’ll see. I have to think about how I would frame it in. Funny to think he’s still up. It’s about 5:10 am and he only went to bed 4-5 hours ago – IF he slept at all.

“Maury got a tattoo ... wow! he didn't mess around. I would have never recommended it and it looks like it could have hurt, but I have to admit as far as tattoos go, this one is pretty tough looking and sharply drawn - no pun intended! It's a pretty threatening symbol ... yes he was born an Irish Scorpio! Yeeks!” FB comment.

Cool, cool. Maury let me put the Scorpio tattoo on my FB. Just keep looking at it and how threatening it looks. This is the kinda stuff that might cause me a nightmare! It looks like he went out last night and stayed over at a friend’s place. He’s going to come home before going to work. He has to change. Maybe that’s a clue then … I better get in my shower. I don’t want to mess up Rich or Maury’s schedule and it’s already 5:32 am. BRB.

Good, good … I finished the shower and medicine and such. It took about 18 minutes. Missy was pushing everyone this morning. She wanted me to wake up Rich too, but he has 7 more minutes to sleep, so we’ll give him his dues. Vickie and Deb commented already on Maury’s tattoo. I came then in the middle of their comments, yes I too wouldn’t do this, but yes I too think it’s cool. It fits his arm really well with the tail curving around the shoulder and the claws and pinchers curving around his upper arm. Ok, ok … we’re not going to over-fixate here, right?

Next?

As to yesterday it was a pretty normal day. I started off slow and ended slow, but got some work done in the meantime. Sr. was giving me things to do. The part I got done was the staff schedule for the state inspection. Today I’m going to need to do something for the staff that are not registered. I also have to finish up the State book. It shouldn’t be too hard, just needs focus. I should also make it a goal to be working on an annual a day – that plus save some time for CARF. There’s more, but I think that’s the top of my list.

Last night, I talked to CS on the way home. It appears that my headphones work, though I should be making sure they are charged. I think I’ve got to plug them into the computer. They seemed to work pretty well. I had no trouble hearing her and she seemed to be hearing me. Rich said they wouldn’t work, because the microphone wasn’t extended out, but built into the headphone frame. But, it seems it will be ok.

If only I could have a nickel for every comment made suggesting something negative from someone who thought they knew and then actually didn’t. I don’t know why people try to warn you about the worst, but I’m sure I do this too. *sigh* I guess we all want to be nay-Sayers?

Hmm, if I went to work right this instance, I could travel in 8 minutes on the expressway at 54 mph. Pswhoo! Just I don’t want to do that. Yeeks! Go to work early? Hmm, speaking of … better go wake up lover lips!

AHA! Our baby is up! It took some good snugglin and then we didn’t want to give it up. But, we knew if we didn’t then he wouldn’t and that he does better when waking up at the times he schedules himself for. We have his coffee waiting for him now.

He’s up to the washroom part. We’re moving it along. Pretty sure he’s going to turn the channel. We don’t have too much on right now. If I were being a good Ann, I would pick up here a bit, but I’m not in the mood. I still have a scratchy throat. I think I’m going to take some Dayquil.

Good good. We just watched with Rich an episode on TV about a female troop on mission to drive oil and gas 100 miles through Iraq under fire. Yeeks … and if I think I got it rough! They are doing top 20 news stories and they are on 15. The next one was a relative of the Bush family. Ahh. We can let that one go.

Last night we came home and ate, but we’d forgotten to stop at the sandwich place that Rich had given us money for. I had been talking to CS and I hadn’t thought that far ahead, so she helped me go through the cupboard that had 12 soups, but no beef-a-roni. Bleh! Not fair. We did discover we had spaghetti sauce and cold pizza. That about did it.

I fell asleep before Maury got home, and he went right away to the computer so that when I got up there wasn’t anything to do because he had my computer and chair. I never want to shag them off though because I like it when he is around. That is my good Mom side 

I think I fell asleep again before Rich got home. He gave a call 15 minutes ahead of time. He wanted to say a few things about the game and that he was stopping off at Bob’s to give him a paper he needed. That didn’t take long.

I’m not sure if I remember much more. It seems like one of the last few nights I went to bed before Rich told me I had to go, but last night he might have told me because we were falling asleep. Not sure. I woke up about 4 this morning and that’s about that.

Ahh … we had a fruit cup … that was good. We had the cherry one. We’re a little out of sync in that Rich hasn’t gotten the tortillas for our peanut butter/cinnamon sugar. *Sigh* Ok, life isn’t really bad … it just seems a little tough. Whoops there goes my “Current” channel. He said … who put on this channel? I guess we’ve moved over to the fishing. *sigh*

It’s about 6:30 am now so we have almost a half an hour. I think he’s going to take his shower before Maury gets back in a half hour, but he is trying also to figure out his day. He’s got his computer up.

Ok, lost it to looking up old friends on Facebook under our class of '77 from Blaine Sr. High. It's a really awesome means of connecting. But, Rich is reminding me its past my work time. Better get going, hmm?