Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, January 01, 2010

Just a few moments of New Year's Day!

Good morning … this is me. This is going to be a short note, because it’s already 9:48 am and Bob and Marsha are due over by noon and we haven’t finished cleaning yet. Rich had been making dinner – he’s doing turkey, dressing, pecan pie and everything! I’ve taken my shower and my medicine and so now we’re just resting up giving it a chance to work before we start picking up. Just a couple hours, so I shouldn’t be here too long.

I think we’re just going to put down a brief outline. First is that I’m really happy to get back to my keyboard and be pressing the magic keys. I missed it while I was gone to WI. To be fair, we did have my sister’s laptop to use and that was pretty nice. I’m glad because I didn’t have my netbook fixed yet. It’s got viruses. Something happened to hers though while we were there and it wouldn’t do Internet Explorer, so I put flock on her computer and forgot to tell her … or, maybe I avoided it. I don’t know if I did something wrong for her not to be getting IE.

We should let her know today.

We had put before Rhapsody on her computer and she says she’s been using it so I’m glad she’s able to get something from that.

I think we’ve been keeping pretty much up with what’s happening in WI. I feel bad that I can’t make a better deal of things when I’m up there. I want things to go well and be helpful to her, but I’m not used to that level of manipulation. We have mixed feelings about what she’s doing and saying and needing, because her behaviors often contradict each other. Sometimes I wonder if she doesn’t have a bit of multiplicity too.

We’ll go more into the experience of having been up there later on after everything is back to normal. Well, more normal. Things should be discussed with Dr. Marvin.

I’m sure the trip up north is going to be a big part of our next meeting.

Yesterday, we had a very nice ride back to our area with Rich. We held hands most of the way and we massaged his arm a lot to keep circulation going through. We were up and talked through quite a bit of the trip. He let me get rid of some of our implosive feelings after having been up north. He was being pretty understanding, but mostly like ok, let’s get back on track with our normal life. We didn’t talk too much about the kids, but we talked about what had happened with his mother. She feel and fractured her rib, broke her wrist and got pneumonia. It’s an awful lot for someone her age.

We went straight from WI to the hospital and we spent a couple hours there. We relieved Bud who Rich thinks may also have pneumonia. He seemed in pretty bad shape and said he hadn’t slept for 48 hours. We’re hoping he got some rest last night.

We’ll talk more of the conversations later of his mom, but she in general seemed to get better while we were there talking. Rich let us do most of the talking with her. He stood in the background and then sat down in the reclining chair and listened, but didn’t have too much to add. We asked questions and then his mom did most of the talking. I think it was very good for her. She kicked us out about the time she was going to be eating dinner. We felt good in that she asked the nurse to help her sit on the side of her bed to eat.

I think too it was a good meal for her because she had cottage cheese and fruit.

She had been complaining that they hadn’t been salting her meals.

I worry about her because she talked at the beginning about not having the will to go on. I really don’t like when she talks like that, but it’s understandable she’d be a little down about this kind of thing. We think she was much better after talking for a while. We made sure she knew that she didn’t know us enough to let her go. She said that I make her Rich happy so that’s all she has to know. She couldn’t have said something much nicer.

Hmm, better get going for now though, Rich just got up to do something in the kitchen. We’ve only got 2 hours to get things in shape. BBL!