Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Saturday, December 26, 2009

YAY! Christmas!

Good morning. This is me. I’m on my new super special keyboard and mouse and these are my very first keystrokes on it. I’m so psyched. Rich helped me get everything plugged in. I’m so happy. He made me wait and open the keyboard box last. It was the first one I went for because of the size of the box. But, alas … all the presents are now open and we’re here and good to go. I’m so happy this Christmas because I got so many very cool things.

Rich got me everything I wanted on my list and more. I’m so happy. The things I asked for were the keyboard the mouse and the headphone. I think we talked about these before so I’m not going to go into it again, but … the thing is that all these thing are here and it is soooo exciting! The keyboard rests forward because of the wrist rest board forward on the part of the hidden keyboard drawer that comes forward so I don’t feel the ridge and as a couple side benefits … I’m now the right distance from the screens and I have leg room with the drawer pulled out even though there are bundles under the desk where the legs would naturally be if we did not have the keyboard pull out drawer.

Everything is perfect. I couldn’t say enough for the minimalist keyboard. It is the most thin keyboard I’ve ever seen and it’s like the whole edge has a tapered plastic sleeve that is laminated so that you can’t tell where the plastic begins and the keyboard itself stops. You heard about the illumination before and I think that I’ve not been able to appreciate that enough; I do notice that sometimes I will look down to see if we’re still anchored. Not much because I type well enough not to be looking, but sometimes it is just fun. I guess the looking happens more when my fingers first go to the screen. This thing is very quiet and the key-pushing part seems easy and also minimal.

Rich let us put on our music quietly, and I wanted it quiet too so I wouldn’t wreck his fishy show in the background. This is like both of us at our best … he’s watching fishy shows and on his computer in his favorite chair and now we are on the computer, listening to music and typing in our favorite chair.

We had such a good time opening packages. I was worried because we didn’t have the extra money to put toward packages; so when Rich was out yesterday we went through the house and packaged up a few things. One of the items was the massager. That’s very important in a special mode day like today is. We don’t usually use it, but when he is getting special babied it’s sometimes fun. We wrapped up some of the fishing lures, hooks, seinkos, and other fishing gizmos. They were all things parked on his ledge, but I thought it important he opened fishy stuff today. We told him too we know they were the right stuff because he’d already purchased them the first time. I felt bad that I couldn’t give him anything with money in it, but that was pretty much the point of the real gift to him. I was going to be especially responsible and not spend extra money. There were a couple other fun gifts like we gave him our medical dictionary because we said it would give him answers to all the medical problems that he’s been complaining about. We did give him the fishes that were finished in a box too because those are his real gifts, I think we gave him some other stuff too, but things were about like that.

Rich got me a lot of stuff. He went shopping at our favorite store and bought like three sets of outfits. And then beside the above he got us some matching silverware, another pillow for the bed and stockings filled with sugar-free chocolate marshmallows. You know that was going to be a good deal for us! There might be something else, but I don’t remember right now. Everything plug-in able is plugged in and we’re as happy as a clam. Oh yeah … he got us some pajamas too! He really went all out!

So Happy!

Not much else to say of the morning. We got up early with the kitties and fell asleep on the couch for a while, but then woke up to go to bed proper so we could wake up with Rich. In truth … then he was the one to REALLY wake-up first. We were sluggish and then all of a sudden the thought of it being Christmas morning occurred and we were jumped out of the bed fast. I didn’t want to open the presents at first, because we thought if they were opened then it would be all over. Now after the fact, I’m glad we got around to it. 

Last night I think we watched something Christmassy and then about 10 or so we fell asleep. Wow that reminds me we were going to look for Thom this morning. It’s about midnight there so I’m not sure if we’re going to catch him. He might be working too, so we can’t expect to catch him on the exact date. I should have remembered a little bit ago, but there was so much excitement for Christmas morning with Rich and me. He’s just so gosh darn nice! Well at least we’re plugged in now to AIM so we’ll be watching for him. I hope we see him today, but it’s going to be just after Christmas for him. Yesterday we talked to CS and she said she didn’t mail the books. I felt frustrated, but then again most of it went to us because we didn’t have time to do it. I do wish if she wasn’t going to do it, she could have told me earlier. I feel bad about Thom not having something in hand. I bet all kinds of Marines are getting packages from home. I had too much problems with that kind of thinking to get a handle on it.

Ok, be patient - life just happens and then we go on and things average out, right?

We’re going to move on with our thoughts. Not sure what all thoughts to have. I guess we could say something about yesterday.

Most of the time it was spent at home, with the exception that we went out to eat with Bob, and then we three met his kids at the movie theatre and we saw the movie Avatar. I thought it was great as far as the new technology proved out, but we were very frustrated at the end because there was a big series of fight scenes and in the movie the Avatars or blue people were the good guys and the Marines were supposed to be the bad guys, so you had Marines being killed and that wasn’t good for me at all. That’s the overriding thought I had leaving the theatre … just unhappy that the Marines were the bad guys. I just can’t believe it. It is a very hard movie to recommend to other Marine Moms.

Just so happy with the keyboard – it is just so gosh darn beautiful to look at! I couldn’t have invented a keyboard that was this nice and I don’t think the cost was exorbitant either … it was about $80. AND, the mouse responds just as advertised AND it came with Duracell batteries … How nice was that! The special thing about the mouse beside being small and comfortable is that it’s speedy fast, does a few fancy things and it is an “anywhere” mouse meaning it glides on everything including glass. This is just perfect for our set-up. It’s recommended to be used for laptops too, but this baby isn’t going anywhere!

Ok, we’re like doing Christmas over again aren’t we. Shhh, ok, but it is a little exciting. I think we’re going to wait for another – about 10 am and then make some calls to people to say Merry Christmas. That should be nice.

Hmm, somehow we went over to talk to Rich on the other side of the living room, but that got aggravating, because he left Regis doing a fake show with his grandchildren as if to show how Christmas is going at their house putting things on the tree and such. UGH! And, then it kept going back to that as he was flipping through the channels. I just couldn’t do it. Bleh, bleh, bleh!

Ok, new paragraph new page, leaving the old behind. I think we got a chance to do some Christmas Eve messing around with Rich last night … that was probably the best part of the night. *Sigh* We had eaten when we got back some crackers, cheese and shrimp. That was nice too. I don’t think we did so much in the morning. We had a pretty comfortable morning and then Rich went out shopping. After a bit of playing around we cleaned up the house, took our shower and wrapped his presents. Today, I should take some time and wrap up the girls presents for tomorrow. I told Rich we should probably move his kids presents until afterward because they might think all those presents are theirs and then they will be disappointed. He agreed.

He did say something about somebody saying they would make his breakfast, but someone isn’t really in the mood for that. We’re more in the mood for being here.

Yeeks. Rich just stopped us so he could tell us a Ron joke. UGH!!!!! I hate when people tell jokes! I told Rich I don’t want to hear jokes, but then he said well who am I going to tell them too. And, I suggested Marsha because Marsha loves jokes. But, then he said she might tell him one back, and that’s kind of the irony … he didn’t want to hear a joke back.

Getting past that. What a nice keyboard!

I just did a weak volunteer move for the eggs, but then kind of pulled back. I really don’t want to cook … just figure I owe him. He is a special bunny after all!

Ok, looking past that too. I’m sure in a rush to get nowhere special this morning.

He said that for a Christmas gift, I was going to be the one to pick up, but that wouldn’t be any fun if I had to put away all these neat new things. Hmm, we showed him that the medical dictionary had a whole page on arthritis, but alas, he felt more like making breakfast than reading. We told him we wanted him to play with his new things too. He just said no thank-you. *sigh*

Nice that HE is out in the kitchen though. It seemed pretty hard to do that. I think pretty soon though we need to clean-up so we can do the girls presents – you know get them all wrapped up. I think that’s why we went over toward where Rich was. We showed him the container with all the cut-out pieces. I hadn’t decided yet, but I was thinking of giving the girls the cut-out bundles. I’m not sure if that’s real fair to CS and us. Rich says that we should just make them available to the girls when they are here. There is plenty to sew together for them though.

Maybe later when they are here and have more time, we can make some potholders.

That will be fun. That doll blankets and scarves seem to be the first set of craft-type items they could make. After that … Hmm, think we got some felt piece things to glue together too. We might need to try them while they are here. Maybe I should start cleaning up now while Rich is out of the room? Shoot, shoot, then I’d have to stop typing … well what happens if we’re not typing anything worth reading? Well, has that stopped us before? I like the lived-in Christmas look.

Ok, well maybe a little while longer then. Why put all that wrapping paper on just to throw it away in a couple of minutes? Hmm?

On the background picture of our computer we have a squares of our Quilted-moose – Sisters Sewing on Spruce emblems. The sun shine over the moose’s shoulders is shining on us all sparkly. It’s a nice picture! Just making me feel happy that is all. Ya know typing is taking like no effort at all! As far as touching fingers to keys though it is an effort to remember all the kinds of things we used to talk about. We’re sorta following along with the music too. Right now Frank Sinatra is singing The Christmas Waltz. *Ahh*

Maybe then we should have more coffee and another look at the room to see if it’s truly a real disaster? Nah … it’s just very lived-in. Everything is in such a perfect place. Wait I know I’ll take a picture! There we go. We’ll work out the details of getting pictures to computer after a while. I can’t remember for the moment how to do all that. I think we’ve been of taking pictures for a while.

We’re better at getting them to Facebook.

Rich had us get a few before pictures too. Good good.

Is there ANYthing critical to talk about? Hmm, how critical could it be its Christmas morning and we’re just in it for the joy. Right? Hmm, I hear Rich getting out plates. That’s usually a sign that good things are about to come. I wonder if we’ll use our new silverware. Rich said already, why haven’t you been playing with that? How come just the other stuff … as if the silverware were feeling left out. No, that’s not any fun. Well, unless we were about to eat something, hmm?

I want to do everything all at the same time so we don’t feel like we’re missing anything. Whoops breakfast call!

Ok, hi hi … we’re all back. I put in some calls and got most of the people I wanted or needed to talk to. We arranged with Joe to go out with just him and Rich tomorrow morning at our regular morning diner. We just got to say good morning to Maury because I think he was at his dad’s house already and the girls wanted to get out of the car. And, then we got our mother who was just getting in from breakfast and church. The only one left beside Thom is my sister. She hasn’t called back, so my thinking is that she’s taking a nap. Maybe she was up earlier, or maybe they are having a morning sleep-in. I’m pretty caught up. Rich says that we’ll leave about 2 pm for his mother’s place so we’ll get there about 3 pm. This gives us a nice piece of the day to ourselves and Rich.

We talked before he fell asleep to his fishy show about cleaning-up and as I thought he was way too tired to do it, so we get to leave it up like this for a bit. I’m really surprised that Bob hasn’t called to wake him up – they zero in on each other like that Hehehe.

I laid down with the kitties a bit which slowed me down, but we were too Christmassy excitable to be really lying down!

Now it’s a bit after. We tried working with pictures, but the gizmos aren’t being cooperative. And, then we did other stuff. Like I think we went over to Blogger and said our Merry Christmases. That’s always a fun thing to do. We said hello to about 40 people. Most don’t say anything back, but sometimes you just wanna make sure when someone comes back they know that someone thought of them in a nice way.

I think of it as being neighborly in that good old fashioned AOL-Blogger way.

It’s about noon now. Rich is back to his computer – done from taking his nap – and there isn’t really too much going on. I might have to take a break soon to do some picking up. We’ll have to leave in two hours, so that means shower in an hour, which means everything should be cleaned up so we’ve got a nice place to return to, right? Ok, then maybe I better start cleaning up now 