Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, January 04, 2010

Still Friday at this point ... more to follow

Hi. It’s me again. I’ve done most of my tasks. I cleaned or picked up the kitchen, bedroom, bath, and living room and folded clothes. Rich is now vacuuming, and then we’re done except I gotta fix my hair and put on my shoes and socks. Oh, and set the table. But, I didn’t want to do that until after Rich finished with the floors. I think I’m responsible for the stuff on top and he’s responsible for the stuff on the bottom.

We just argued for a moment although we’d been all nice to each other all morning. He tried to get a hold of either his mother or Bud, but the nurse picked up her phone because she was sleeping and it seems that Bud has been taken down to the emergency room by recommendation of their doctor. He felt really bad last night and we think he’s also got pneumonia.

The argument between Rich and us was that I thought he should call his daughter Karen and Rich thought he shouldn’t worry her. I argued that if Bud is waiting down in emergency that the daughter would want to know, but Rich is being very stubborn and controlling. He said he would decide whether or not to call her after they find out what’s wrong. I think that’s terrible logic and the daughter has a right to know and do as she might. I know she’s very protective of her father. Rich hates being contradicted. He doesn’t like to allow there is another line of thinking.

But, this is nothing new to him or him and us. Just that each time I get soooo frustrated.

I think as to New Year’s resolutions that I will make one to get through so that Rich and us don’t argue so much because we differ opinion, but he gets his voice raised, feet set in, and he’s whiny. I just hate it when he does it. He can see his mother is stubborn or other family members, but he just can’t see what he’s doing. Mostly that there should be room to discuss.

HMPF! He just tried to tickle me on his way through the living room and we pulled back. I didn’t feel in the mood. He’s feeling better and we’re still upset. We told him he’s just so stubborn he’s like dead weight. There’s got to be a better way to get through this with him. I guess we better save some Dr. Marvin time for figuring that part out too. HMPF!

Ok, we’re back. We feel a little better now. We fixed the silverware Rich got the both of us for Christmas and then we set the table, and then I fixed my hair and then I put on my shoes and I must have done very good, because I found on the counter 6 loose mini-marshmallows. I’m pretty sure Rich and I like each other again. Cuz there was some smooching in there too.

He’s fussing around in the kitchen. I told him I was going to go in the living room and distress so I wouldn’t wreck things up. He said he could find stuff for me to do, but he didn’t know right off hand and I know him enough by now to realize that when he’s in the kitchen … best to stay away.

I had woke up after him and hadn’t cleared my head yet, but when I went into the kitchen, he was peeling apples. We reminded him that that was our job, but he said we’d been sleeping and then we said we could help, but he said in a half-hearted grumpy look for the peeler that I was too late or something to that affect. He never found the thing, and he’d gone back to peeling them with a knife, so we went back to the living room and laid down until we discovered that we weren’t really tired, but had just wanted the comfy feelings of being covered up.

But, then we thought of all the stuff we could be doing in either sewing or computer and we decided to go the course you know now through our writing.