Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dr. Marvin?

We’re back again. I think we just stopped writing in the last entry. We posted stuff and got the pictures and everything, and then we read over everything that was written. It seemed to make sense as we were reading it, but we couldn’t understand it much more than a sentence or two from reading the last statement. I think in general trying to put it together now … well, ok we’re going to cheat and review the written part once more. I’d be satisfied if we could put together just a few sentences of our own time line.

Ok, new trend then … we’ve written 2 days in a row, a general morning message, then we remembered we’d ended the last note with having looked at furniture, so then we got pictures of the furniture. Then we started thinking of money again and worrying how we were going to pay for the furniture. So then we went over current income and expenses and the gifts we were planning on giving. I think about then we wrote our letter to Connie Sue so that we could discuss money with her … and in particular how much we owed her. Then I guess we gave the letter to Rich in an email and then we checked with the bank and then again wrote Rich to say that we were going to fill out a signature card with him, so he could use our account more freely. Then it seemed we dealt with work a few minutes, and then Rich came in for lunch and then we must have gotten real crabby when he talked about money because he was like saying he wasn’t going to handle Connie Sue’s part, but he had gotten to that thought without reading the letter we sent him in that regard. We kinda blanked out as to any sense of ability to withstand.

That’s about when we posted and am now starting a new letter. Now that I’ve skimmed this information from the old entry, I need to reread this above paragraph to see what it says, because I can’t remember that many words put together. Maybe with it written smaller I can understand it … and then I’ll have to write it smaller yet. K?

So, ok … it seems we haven’t dealt with money for about 1 ½ months and we’re in the process of giving it to Rich so that he has more control, but in the process we want enough control to spend the tax money on bedroom furniture, but then to do that rightly we had to settle accounts or payment options with CS. When Rich said he’s not going to handle any of that, then we lost our mind again. Pretty much like that.

So, with that much made little … we need to look at it and make it littler so we know what to do with it next because it seems like we’re stuck here.

Not sure if I’m really understanding what is happening. Now I am remembering to the last time when we put something down about us trying to get the furniture, and now we seem to be here again. In-between it seems that we’ve run up a debt to my sister, because Rich had taken over and we didn’t know how else to get stuff. Maybe we wouldn’t have gotten stuff if we’d been left to our own devises, but then maybe it would just be different stuff not related to my sister. The bottom line though is that we didn’t have money so we ran up expenses on Connie Sue’s account and assistance. Now it seems we are becoming more aware of having to take care of that account because it’s come under Rich’s attention, but we still want to get the furniture, keep our relationship with Connie Sue, and not have to deal too much with money with Rich.

I’m pretty sure that this is all going to have to go to Dr. Marvin. I wonder if we should send him something? Ok, Dr. Marvin. This is now being focused to you. It’s 1:50 pm on Wednesday. No work has been done today … we seem to be just wanting to write and think through this other stuff. Well not sure how much we want to think about it, but we’re figuring that we have to think about it, and there’s a fair chance that we’d rather be thinking about it then doing CARF stuff. It seems like what we should have or should be doing with CARF is to gather together the materials we have for the 3 folders going to them and the one copy to be kept at the Center.

It seems that all might work, but it’s missing a Performance Analysis. Maybe if we can get done with some of that, you might help me tomorrow in penning something down that can be done over the next week. The electronic part of the Intent to survey went in yesterday, but the written part still should be there by the 31rst. It still would be nice to be over this part by next Wednesday – last day before the holiday.

I really need to get to the holiday.

I feel better thinking that I am now writing to you. It helps like if someone were holding my head in the right direction facing the sun, but not the baking muskrat kind of sun. I’m afraid to turn around, because there is CARF stuff all over the back of that other desk. I can seem to turn around and use the desk to get some pudding, but not to look at papers. That all seems to be kind of a mess. There is stuff piled on top of stuff.

Ok, we know that part … we’re having a pudding and a pineapple break. Brrr, just got a chill. It seems that we’ve talked about CARF as much as we can for a little bit. We’ve got two more hours before we can go home. Can I successfully avoid CARF thoughts until I then have permission to leave? It seems we’ve been here on Monday and Tuesday for an over-time total of a couple hours so we should be able to leave early on Friday at 2 pm. That helps us to get through the week knowing if we can only make it that long. Another creditor called about the bill. This one is a UIC person calling about Rich only paying $10 on an account. I don’t know what is going to happen there. I’d been paying several accounts through you and the hospital several hundreds of dollars. And, I don’t think they like it.

If you know anything about what is going on with the money, or if you might be able to look into it – I need Rich’s help right now, but I don’t want him to do anything that would force UIC not to be letting me see you. This is a very dangerous thought for me. Without you everything goes. If its necessary, maybe we could get Rich to talk to you if you could tell him directly we’re in trouble with UIC. I don’t know if we are, but I don’t want things getting out of hand and leaving me without you.

This is very important. Could you please help? UIC has permission to talk to Rich about the money, but I’m not sure if that’s in the big computer to all of UIC and you or if its just one small operating system. HELP!

Ok, ok … that’s about enough of that one. We’re listening to Sarah Brightman and we have her Christmas songs included in the mix. This one is about 181 tracks or 11.4 hours of listening. I feel like I could or should study something, but it seems safest to do it on the Internet. I’m thinking of shopping for something, but then we could guess that might be a bad idea. Sure would help us get through the next several hours though. I sent the letter to my sister several hours ago. My guess is that she’s not going to want to deal with it. She said she has an appointment with her knee surgeon. I’m not sure if she’s going to have to go through something there. I should know more of it, but I don’t.

We talked to her yesterday on the way home, I made sure she called her surgeon people because she was saying that where she had the operation on her chest to get rid of the infections had gotten worse. She said it was wet and smelled very bad.

She had talked about something like having mercer or something like that. I think it’s a staff infection. I thought she should call an emergency room nurse. She’s on anti-biotics, but was off them a week she should have been on due to some confusion with the pharmacy. She just got the surgery nurse and she had said to show the knee doctor and let him make a call on it. Her appointment was at 2 … it’s just after that now.

It’s hard to tell where my sister is when it comes to medical. I know she can be a bit of a player, but then I know part of that is allowing herself to get hurt for extra attention. I’d hate to think of her as being in danger. I told her yesterday that sometimes people with gastric bypass die and they say it’s because of infection. If hers isn’t being controlled then we associate it with her maybe dying. We told her that wasn’t a good idea and so … she had to get it checked. Ok, shhh … it’s being done now right? I’m not sure if the knee doctor would take that extra responsibility but he’s a surgeon and if they were going to do something that part would matter to him too, right? Beside we’re hoping that it’s enough of a small town so that he can afford to pay attention if not just to call it to the attention of the other doctor. He will know whether CS should get a quick appointment in with him. That be responsible, right? Then I could stop worrying.

Hmm, Margarita just came in and she was just saying hi in general and checking to see what kind of Christmas we were going to have, but then she said too she had wanted to talk to Rich to see how he was going to handle the job they were finishing up in the workshop. So after she left, then we called Rich, and then later we went back to Margarita and told her, Rich would be in tomorrow, but he wouldn’t deliver the beads until next week, and then he would get more after Christmas vacation. So that was all settled.

BUT, in the meantime … well it should be said that we both seemed to be talking normal between us. He’s pretty sure he should go to the gym tonight. I know I’m the one slowing him down. So I figured I better give in some. He was saying he doesn’t have anyone to go with and if I wasn’t going he would call Bob and they would go earlier. Well, that didn’t seem overly fair, because we want to go … just that we’re lazy. So we gave him a well pretty much we’re thinking we might go, but might want to back out. He said hmm. Then maybe he should call Bob although he’d rather go with us. Wow. He’s being pretty tough.

And, then there was the discussion on what we should be doing. He seemed to think he might stretch out on some of the machines upstairs. We’ve been wanting to go back to that and wanted to be with him the first time he tried that out. I said well first we should do the treadmill. And, then he said with a groin pull, sore knee’s and hip that wasn’t a good idea – too much. So then we agreed maybe we would both do the machines upstairs and then I’d go to the treadmill while he went to the hot tub. He considers that most important, but we’re like ok, that’s a little wussey. Usually when we bring in our iPod, we don’t want to mess with keeping it in the lockers to go swimming, nor do we want to go from street clothes to gym clothes, to swimming suit to street clothes. That be too much for our system.

And, then it was like well. When are you thinking you might want to go. ACK! This could get easier, right? Maybe around 7 pm we’ll go, just the last several days we’ve been sleeping by then. It’s hard for us to be us right now. But, I’m pretty sure that be the right thing to do. We’re worried with Rich that he’s sorta falling apart. We probably are too, but we’re too afraid to look. Rich is doing better with thoughts of being healthy than we are. He’s in and out of the doctors and is going to finally go back this week for an Xray of his groin area. After that if nothing is found he will go back to see if anything is wrong with his muscles. This is a good thing and he did lose 9 pounds from the first doctor appointment and the second. The doctor was happy about that. Now Rich is under pressure to keep going while we’re pressuring him still for more marshmallows. Well, you can see how that’s going to go. Blah.

I think though the parts of us that want Rich to be healthier are going to be stronger than the parts of us still trying to self-destruct. Reminded me it’s about 2:45 pm now so we texted CS to see if she’s done with the doctors. This is an awful lot for my head to hold together. Thinking maybe the washroom then is next. Not that it has anything to do with my head, but maybe help me concentrate better?