Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Just a few notes this morning.

Good morning. This is me. We’ve got just a half hour left, so this isn’t going to be a very long post. Rich is now up and said his next game is going to be 4:30 pm on Saturday. I forgot what it was like to give up all this time to him working the ball games. He’s into the basketball season now, but is just starting his year due to injuries. He had a game last night and the night before.

It’s about 6:24 am now. I’ve just come out of the shower, taking my medicine and packing my lunch. Rich has got soft music on in the background and Maury had come in about an hour ago. He headed to bed and should be up around a half hour. He had a volleyball game last night and then was going out to a drinking/game night in Rosemont. Yes, we read his Facebook.

Joe and Cari took down their walls from my view so I guess I can’t figure out through that what they are doing. *sigh* Have to let that go. Connie Sue doesn’t seem to be doing much on FB either. Well, then neither am I! Well, maybe, maybe not. We’ll see.

Last night was a sleepy night. I got home and ate a sandwich or at least part of it – and mushrooms, and then I fell asleep and then when I got up I ate the other 3”.

Then I fell asleep before and after Maury got home. I remember him leaving and thinking there was no reason to be up. I think we got a call from Rich somewhere in there. We had known he wouldn’t be home until 10 pm. He had the game, then was doing something and then he went out to dinner with Chris. I remember something about him saying we could lie down in the bed, but we were like … we like you to tell us to go to bed and when YOU tuck us in.

That’s about what happened eventually.

This morning we woke up with a bad dream. We were following Spock and someone in a car – we being myself, my former brother-in-law and his girl. They wanted to go play in the park and I think we were following … I know Sean from our old JVS job and Spock. But closer to the river, we didn’t turn as fast as we should and we drove over an embankment of snow and then it collapsed under the water. That was terrible. Brian and his girl had gotten out, but we were still in the car trying to hold the front part out of the water and from letting it drift down a ways.

I remember that I was telling them they were going to have to call Rich. We were scared he was going to be mad. But, Rich said we had a conversation with him where we explained our situation and I think we were asking him if he was mad. He said we decided he was nice, because he wasn’t getting mad. I don’t know how all that turned out, but I’m thinking we got up to use the bathroom and start our day. That was a good thing.

Just checked out a few things. I noticed that Rosemary Talbot is no longer on my friend list. I noted it because Connie Sue just added her as a friend. Hmm, I hope I didn’t do anything wrong. Who knows. Rosemary is an old friend of the family.

Her husband was my Dad’s best friend. They were neighbors as we were growing up so they knew the family well and my mother and such, but they stuck it out with my father and Sandy until the end. I guess I hadn’t been doing anything with her personally, so we’ll have to say ehh, on this one. Hmm?

Good good, we just dropped a note over at CS’s place. We talked to her the night before last and she seems to be doing ok. We’re going to need plugging in our gizmos at work and then maybe try to contact her again tonight on the way home from work. We’re trying to maintain, but I think sometimes we’re pretty drifty.

We did some work yesterday at work, especially in getting the part taken care of where we get caught up where the DSPs aren’t officially credited for being trained.

The guy we ended up talking to was real nice. He repeated over and over that if we had any questions or problems to assure that we get a hold of him. He was really nice. I guess he had gone through a lot of work with disabilities. He was trained also by DORS after he’d lost his leg. I thought that was very nice of him to say something that personal. We eventually told him about our moderate ability in being able to recall and the part of our dissociative identity disorder. He was very very understanding. I would like to get to know him better, but for now the thing is to just catch up from where we need to be going.

I’ll look at that again today.

We told sister about the call and she seemed relieved that we’d made some progress.

I’m hoping to put in a productive day this morning. We can’t spend too much time doing the personal stuff. It just seems we got to hang close to it or otherwise we feel we’re going to be way too overwhelmed. Today is Wednesday so we’ll get to see Dr. Marvin tomorrow. It’s been a while and we’re looking forward to it. We have nothing special to talk about, but sure am going to appreciate sitting with him in the office and just talking. We miss him very much when we aren’t able to see him.

Ok, ok … let’s not get too nostalgic. Point is that it’s about time we go to work again. Better be getting this posted and then get into some work clothes. We’re not going to panic, right? Things are going to be ok?