Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, November 23, 2007

A few early T-Day thoughts

Good morning. This is me. We’re at about 5:15 am and we’re running into our first snag of the day. No Internet. I guess my money didn’t get there in time. I called them to see if that was the issue and it was … I’m $70.51 delinquent. I don’t have my credit card from the bank yet – Rich just brought up the mail last night and I’d gone through it and they won’t take a check. They said that I can go to Best Buy, but I’m thinking that it’s not open now and that be the last place I’d want to be the day after Thanksgiving. They’d be like swamped … I doubt you could even park there. *Hmpf* We sent out one $70 amount Tuesday, but it is a 5 day turn around. So that means that I might be waiting a couple of days. The fortunate part is that I can still write. I’m hopping on one leg though.

Maybe some coffee and being kittyarmless will help?

Hmm, well beside the kitty that wanted to share breakfast. Ahh that was good.

Always feel better after my honey nut cheerios. *Sigh*

I have to be preparing myself … I don’t want to ask Rich for accessing his credit card because I don’t want to do that to him, but then I’m pretty sure I’m going to be in a begging mood as soon as he gets up because I’m so helpless without the Internet, but then I don’t know if his wife has access to his cards. We haven’t done that with Rich before where we are getting something off his credit card. I don’t know if we’re going to make it here. I wonder if snoozy face wants someone to sleep with?

It’s 6:45 … I’ve been the snore face sleeping with the snoozy face for a while now. But, then we woke cuz we were cold and needed to go to the bathroom. He said we had 15 more minutes, but then I said I was going to go stare at the computer. He said to go get his card. We complained about this for a few moments, but I think it was more like when you are eating out and you like argue over the bill hoping he holds out for another couple of minutes … Feel depressed over it … But, then there is this other part who thinks she needs the Internet.

I’ve given it 5 minutes now … I’m going to see if it will start without the connection thing to my box.

Umm. Lot’s longer later. It’s now about 10:45 am. We ran into problems of one sort or another. We’ve been mostly probably regressed just watching the Thanksgiving Day parade on CBS. Haven’t checked out the Macey’s. We had been laying down though while massaging Rich before he left and our nose got cloggy and then we tried to sit down with the breather on the recliner and that didn’t work so well either. We were feeling pretty miserable. I finally got us up to the computer where we are now … and the breathing is getting better.

We just had a banana and looked outside and it seems like we’re having a snow flury – there is white sticking on the ground snow. I can’t believe it snowed … and it’s the start of the holiday’s … this is the good stuff.

We had a mixed up start I think because of being off on medicine. I didn’t remember about it until about 10 am … that’s an hour ago. We are a little watchful too, because we started a new medicine last night. It needs to be started specifically like adding one pill a week - it’s a pill that acts as an appetite suppressant. I’m not sure why I’m a little spacey there could be so many reasons. Late medicine, new pill, being a holiday, Sweetie not being here, no boys, well, ok all the normal holiday stuff. I think we might take a shower pretty soon, and maybe we could clean up here. Sweetie pie will have a lot on his mind when he gets back. He’s with his youngest son and that side of the family is still having a hard time because Rich is having Thanksgiving with me. I don’t know … maybe they thought I was gone?

There was one nice thing that happened. Rich was talking to his daughter this morning for a few moments – and after the phone call, she said that the daughter said to pass on to his friend Happy Thanksgiving. That’s the first communication that I heard of. It was nice … I’m not sure what she is doing, but it sounds like she’s with her friend and maybe making the dinner and it seemed like her friend had to work part of the day. So, there should be emotions going on there. Rich’s oldest son decided not to come up for the holiday. Rich says he’s depressed. I think that’s probably a real complex thing.

I think it’s hard all around because all the traditions are being broken this year.

Even including me getting Rich for Thanksgiving. I think that I’m the luckiest one of all, because I got a total plus thing, where others are feeling losses. I still have problems as to my own family’s plan.