Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

All our DEEP Finances - Balanced!

Good morning. This is me. We’ve got an hour left so we’re going to see how this thing goes today. We NEED to go to work, because today is T-Day there and we’re planning on having a good time. PLUS, there won’t be any meetings today, so we have to celebrate that … WOOHOOO! But, I want to say for the record that yesterday turned out to be a very productive day. This is how it went. Oh and after we got through the list we went out to dinner with Sweetie Pie – Egg omelet and him pork tenderloin, dumplings and sauerkraut, and then we went shopping – WooHOOO!!! PLUS, then we came home took care of groceries and watched him talk to his mother, and then we watched a little TV, until I promptly dropped off and had to be put to bed … more on all that at the end if there is time, but today only 40 more minutes left.

So – the score?

Dr. Marvin – He was good early on

Dr. appointments made:

Monday, 12-3-07 @ 3:30 pm – Cardiac test Rm 3c with Dr. Dimanti
Wednesday, 13-5-07 @ 10 am Dr. Alright – Maxwell Street follow-up and female something
Wednesday, 3;15 pm Dr Berger 1c
Left messages for Bariatric Information Session
Left messages for Psych Evaluation
& We’re waiting on the stress test until after the cardiac test – that’s with Beth (312) 996-0323

We also left a message with a Maryanne, because apparently there are a whole lot more tests. Think I’m kidding … here’s the list:

Required Pre-op tests: CBC, BMP, PT/INR/PP, UA, pregnancy test if applicable, LFT’s, HgA1C, TSH, Triglyceride, HDL, LDL, TIBC, Ferritin, Folate, B12 level, EKG (Cardiac stress test, if EKG is abnormal or has risk factor), CXR, PFT if has sleep apnea, and Psychology clearance.

UHuH uHUH … we’ll talk to Dr. Marvin about it tonight … cuz we have a 3 pm appointment, to give us an idea … maybe most are blood tests? And, then we’ll see Dr. Albright on the 5th and maybe she will order some of these. I hope so. So, see what I mean … it isn’t easy to be staying home taking care of stuff … this was just a part.

As we said we were good with Dr. Marvin, in that he called in on the pharmacy stuff. We then advanced that to going to the bank to get out the $220 that was necessary, but Rich and us forgot to stop by there on the way home from the pharmacy. We also didn’t get to the mail, but we called some of the big companies such as Sprint, Comcast, and Com-ed. That let us know about what was happening there. We then worked the rest of the day between, paying bills, Taking care of hospital debt problems, and in taking care of school loans. We got some bottom lines … I think what it all means is that I bring home $2500 a month, and $2500, plus Rich’s $400 gets spent, and there is no money for anything else. We about zero out.

Due the:

18th $220.06 $220.06 owed Walgreen’s Medicine
23rd 100$25 UIC Med Center $993.46 owed (this is the hospital left from 2003)
23rd $25 Illinois Collection Service $291.00 owed
23rd $100 University of IL Chicago Dr. marvin est owed about $900
23rd $25 Illinois Collection Service owed $574.41 (Combination of 4 bills)
23rd $25 University of IL Chicago owe $1004.20
23rd Medical Busines Bureau owe about $3000
23rd $50 Medical Recovery owe unsure
1rst $6 charge for bank auto services
3rd $900 Rent
3rd $70.03 Car Insurance
5th $23 Gym
5th $15 Yahoo Music
8th $394.20 Car
11th $50 Com-ed
15th $64.15 Salie Mae
17th $74.62 Sprint
19th $72 Comcast
25th $28.50 Walgreen’s Home Care (Wheelchair & CPaP)
Thursdays $6.50 parking
Each 11-12 Days $33 Gas for car

Then there are 4 other people we owe
$130 Dentil (x2 $65)
$200 Surgeon (Oral) (x4 $50)
$600 School (x6 $100)
$900 Social Security (x18 $50)

I still got to find out what collecton agency Dr. Marvin’s bills are on it’s like HRS MBB, but the lady gave me a wrong number, We still have to deal with $253.62 (2 mo each $126.81) extras, $365.00 over 2 mo for overdrawn fees, and $518, which is money that should come back. Pretty good so far? Umm, this money zero’s us out. I thought I had $120 left per month, but that went to those 4 people that are owed extra money (end in sight). Hopefully the social security people will be paid soon when I file taxes … it will come out of there.

Now the people who come out of my account on their own are:

The $350 medical totaled up, the service fee, car insurance, gym yahoo, and Sallie Mae. The people I gotta pay are the rent, car, Medicine, Com-ed Sprint, Comcast, home care, surgeon, dentil, school and social security. BUT, all of those have accounts that I can just automatically post to them. I still have to arrange with Primemail that I get my medicine mailed every 3 months to save that $200 that would go to gym (after I paid off those 4 people) AHA! A plan!

Now for school stuff?

I had 3 loan companies for school

$27,907.46 Wells Fargo (6.8 – 6.62% - 10 years)
$5,089.20 Sallie Mae (8.5% - 10 years)
$18,345.39 Nelnet (3.875 – 14 years)

Bottom line after a whole lot of messing around is that we are going to have one consolidation. Wells Fargo and Sallie Mae are both going under Wells Fargo. It will be spread out at 20 years for $255.82 Fixed at 7%. The Nelnet will stay the same and we’ll pay $140.65 for 14 years at 3.875%. I took care of the consolidation promissory note yesterday … so that means a total come January of $396.47 for school loans. The other money we were paying comes out of my pay check and it reaches with no extras – UNTIL some stuff is paid off a balance of zero. This last $396.47 comes out of Rich’s $400 a month he pays me AFTER the next payments I owe him … I owe him for Dec 1, Dec 15, Jan 1, and I get Jan 15th payment … So I owe him $600 before the money comes to me, which balances about the time I’ll need it for school loans. SO, that really zeroes me out totally. Good, Hmm? Just to live – no luxuries … I break even and we start off with all those nice things and our well health, but do not make out elsewise. Although I have to say it’s a load off my mind to know if I don’t spend money I can pay the bills. AHA! Pretty good, hmm?

Oh. Rich got ahold of landlord the stuff costs too much, but our rent went up $30 anyway, and the boxes in the car got tape now and a commitment to get them to the post office this afternoon. AND, we unfortunately carried all this business to 5 pm, so never got to the work, work, but then there is the long weekend coming up tomorrow … WOOHOOO!!!!