Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Let's get this work thing going

Good morning … it’s me so just a few notes – cuz of it being 15 minutes left.

Whoops Sweetie Pie up. He was naked headed for the shower and said he has to leave at 7 am.

There was a problem last night … just that I heard actually. I guess Rich told his son Jon and he told his brother Chris that Rich was going to be with me for Thanksgiving and then of course the wife heard it and she may have torn up all Rich’s recipes. I felt real bad about that and I think more about it obviously, but still taking the position that all that business is Rich’s to handle. I do say though that I can be there for Rich so he can talk about it. Felt real bad he has to go through it. That’s all we’ll say.

Mmm Rich has turned off the shower … maybe I will be .. aha have to go! Beat you to his bed!

Umm, ok we’re back it’s 6:48 am … but this is the deal. Sweetie left 15 minutes ago and we’ve had problem with an upset stomach, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We emailed Sr. Theresa and said we were going to take a personal day.

I’ve still got the tummy problem, and there is a mess of stuff we gotta get done.

I’m two times off my prescriptions – just a few medicines … let me think
School loans, UIC, landlord, medicine, boxes in car, doctor appointments (heart test and Dr. Allbright) – go over bank account AND do some work work, plus deal with tummy problems and diet/exercise stuff. We’ll call Rich in a little bit … maybe after we can trust our tummy. Just not feeling real good.

Ok, we called Rich just now. We got ahold of his answering machine, but at least that was an attempt. We also called Walgreen’s and Dr. Marvin’s to get the pills taken care of. If I can’t leave the house cuz we’re out of the anxiety pill then that’s just another problem. There is like 17 medicines now. No 16 – because the one bottle is 300 mg and the other 400 mg of the same stuff. I had to ask Dr. Marvin to take care of that one too. Shoot, I forgot … I was supposed to get him a list of current meds. That sounds like work.

Ok, relax … there’s time

Dear Dr. Marvin,

Provigil 200 mg morning
citalopram 40 mg 2 each morning
budeprion xl 300 mg morning
levothyroxine .150 mg morning
zetia 10 mg morning
glipizide 5 mg 2x daily
metformin 1000 mg 2x daily
gabapentin 400 mg 3x daily
risperdal 2 mg night
avandia 4 mg night
naproxen 500 mg 2x daily
aspirin 81 mg ec 1/2 hour before niaspan
niaspan 500 mb er nighttime
buspirone 30 mg 2x daily
the new one for appetite loss

and maybe one more, but maybe I counted the 300 mg gabapentin as that one ... not sure

As per phone call can you order the right amount of gabapentin - as per last week's meeting both old and new prescriptions of it were 1200 per day

And, I left the new prescription at work, and I'm home today ... BUT, I ordered all my medicine this morning, so could you call in the new one so they are all together. Would like to pick up the medicine by noon, but let me know when. I'm off the buspirone last night this morning ... hate to be out of that one.

I'm remembering too Wed. at 3 pm, right?

Thanks,
Ann

Ok, that’s taken care of right? It’s a good thing to take care of medicines. Dr. Marvin would even say that.

Wow he is speedy 7:46 AM – mine went out at 7:44 … he said.

Hi Ann,

I got the voicemail as well. Naproxen was the medication that was missing from the list I had. Thank you. I send in the prescriptions for the gabapentin and topamax electronically this morning. Your pharmacy had send a refill request for metformin and glipizide so I added them on. From Dr. Albright's note it looks like she wants to keep you at 1200mg total. That is what is written in her note. If you have problems with the refills, let me know. See you tomorrow.

-Dr. M

Hehehe … we sent him a thank you and a smooch! Ok, I’m not supposed to do that, but he is pretty damn efficient you know?

Ok, I can do this … nice clean list

Dr. Marvin – He’s good
Dr. Ayloo  Stress test – Call about 8:30 am
Dr. Allbright – Call about 8:30 am
Mail – check about 8:45 am
Bank account list of bills – Start about 9 am
UIC bills – call 10:00 am
Landlord – Call about 11 am
Walgreens – Wait for noon and then see if 15 are ready
School loan bills – call about 1 pm
Boxes in car – Check with Rich about 2 pm
Work work – just see how we’re doing

No going to the chat room today during work hours – yes maam

You can write in journal as long as your progressing something … Umm, hmm?

THAT’S IT FOR NOW!

We put them in the right order. It seems like it’s going to be about a full day’s work. I think that Rich will get off early tonight and then we’ll see if he’s ready to go to the grocery store. It might mean that he calls his mother for some of the recipes. It was just a spiteful thing to do to destroy his recipes. Honest to God, what do you think he did with our relationship. Did she think throwing him out meant getting rid of me too? SHEESH…

Ok, SHHH that’s enough of that.

Let’s be moving on … It’s now 8 am and my guess is that I should probably take a shower so I’m ready to go out. If Rich wants to talk to us any sooner about the day’s schedule – he will call. Ok, we can do it … shower!

AHA! DONE! Well, no … not dressed yet, but that’s coming too. I have to figure out what clothes I got that I should wear out to the pharmacy and grocery. Hmm, we’re going to need to go to the bank too. Better take out $240 for medicines.

Think it’s closer to $220, but I don’t want to fall short. I guess if I did fall short, than Rich and us can go by later with cash when we do the groceries. I sure hope so at least. She can’t tear up my Thanksgiving with Rich. Just means he’ll have to talk to his mother about getting her recipes. I’m sure he had some though on his own that he was going to lose. Really feel bad about that … maybe there’s some chance, that it didn’t happen that they were torn up. I don’t know. I don’t know what Jon thought about it going all the way through. I think that Chris is upset with his father for “lying to him.” I don’t know exactly which part Rich lied about, but I know there are many things he doesn’t want brought up for exactly this reason. People can’t or won’t be able to handle it, and then there are financial repercussions and divorce problems that will come up more so. If they are not having a day to day life with him then I don’t know why they would want him living by himself. But, I think that’s just mistress kind of thinking. I’m sure there is hurt all around … we’ve gone through so many years of it … I wouldn’t interrupt back then the relationship he has with his family, I won’t interrupt it now. It’s just that they have to face some reality in that I exist.

Ok, let that go. There are a few notes from yesterday.

I spent a little time preparing for the meeting we were going to have with Theresa and it was eventually held at 2 pm in Theresa’s room. That was sister’s idea I’m sure of giving her a little leverage. She was able to shuffle through things as she talked which helped her anxiety. Sr. gave an intro to what we’d be doing and then she handed things over to me. I didn’t know that was going to happen, but we were prepared. We brought out the chrononotes and I said there were two problems with it. The first problem that things were blown out of proportion and then I emphasized key words in statements she had made, the second problem was that I hadn’t seen all the things she mentioned in the 1 ½ hours I was in the room. I did show her what I had seen, in that I had prepared a chronological report of the meeting, and I presented Sr. a copy of the report and I presented Theresa with the report.

Of course, this didn’t come out as smooth, because Theresa began jumping in … She started with the point, that sister had not let her say back the time before, in that by having fun, she had meant to do the National Geographic movies and not cartoons and such. Sr. let her speak on that one. Where she got herself in trouble was the part about all the gossip. She made a big issue that she felt very sick with very bad headaches and she had to go home and call her doctor because her blood pressure was so high. Her doctor had her take a half pill, and that was that. I think that she wanted to infer that I was the reason for that much anxiety, though I wasn’t the one that had pressed her. Sr. Theresa had caught her saying several times that “she had heard from many people” and so Sr. pinned her down – you’ve heard from who, then she said I won’t even ask you for names, just tell me how many people did you talk to?” Theresa looked a little stunned, but she stopped to figure it out and counted 3 people. Sr. told her that she knew who they were.

Theresa tried to say the main part was that because I was in her room that she’d been told that I would (Ann) go to Sr. and tell sister that things were going wrong. I tried not to be angry, but I was … because that had seemed like a character assassination. I said that I DO go to sister when I think things are wrong, but I hadn’t because nothing she had done, was wrong enough. When she had asked for help, I had told her a few things, including about the one client that I thought could be improved, but that I hadn’t gone to sister, and hadn’t known there was a problem – because no one came to me, until Sr. told me that Theresa had complained. I emphasized the work written down on the sheets was what I had written up and that I have no authority “over them” they could go to sister, I could go to sister, and that I didn’t like the thought that the DSPs could control what I said to my boss. I pointed out that if there was a problem, I would take it to her, and they could as well, but there were those out there, who hadn’t gotten to the bottom of their problems, because they pass things on to the other staff – their issues have to become everyone’s issues. I told them that I didn’t like that I was shunned by the “whole of them,” just because I was honest in my professional relationship to my boss and not controlled by their sense of an internal “club.”

Well, no I didn’t say it then, not all of this, but I’m mad about all of this.

I think the biggest lesson is that it is NOT good talking about any of the others, to any of them. This has been one of my weaknesses, but I know it wasn’t anything they got from me, because there 3-4 examples were things that I didn’t think or believe. I know that this situation involves Maria – like her coming in and tossing her line out and then running out of the room assuming that I would tell. I had already agreed with Sr. Margaret Mary that I wouldn’t tell unless it was brought up. It was … so I did. But, I won’t be intimidated by them to say I will or will not anything, because they do things wrong and want to hide.

I think there is a big lesson here to in that I am a paid observer and I don’t often look away when I see it … then I see it. I don’t know how much weight Holly and now Candice is throwing into the pile. I honestly think that Candice is trying harder to stay out of it, but I think she was the one who tore out of the room after sister had left me with the stuff about Theresa – and that even though the door was shut the walls back there are paper thin. I think she was so excited that she didn’t even cover her trail. I don’t usually speak to Holly, because I don’t trust her, but then I did yesterday. That was probably a mistake … even though we are both Q’s … she can’t be trusted to keep things away from them if inside knowledge would help her seem more in control. I also don’t think I can trust Brandi although I have. I think she is definitely one of the ones that pushed Theresa’s buttons. She is making some effort not to get involved. But, I think the stage has already been set.

I think it’s a shame that there is no one to go to other than Rich who will keep confidences – or the ability to work things out. If he took something to sister – then I would trust that it was something he really had to. Like she might ask him today, why I’m not here, and he might say something of trying to get on top of my personal tasks. Most likely, he won’t even say that much, and there’s as good a chance, he might say, he didn’t know I wasn’t there. I don’t know. I did call and leave a message so that he is not overcome when he gets there and finds out.

I have a hard time even telling Sr. things, because I know she will go to that person immediately and tell them “off.” That puts me in a terrible position with the staff. I wish she took the extra time to figure out another way to approach staff than an upfront confrontation. It puts everyone at their worst. Yesterday there were quite a few instances of giving Theresa examples – we had said that, and this is what we did … I brought up looking at a group of individuals self-control problems and had recommended meditation tapes. I didn’t leave her with the impression that I was going to use information against her, although at one point I asked, did you think I was going to threaten her job? And, she stated yes. I had then again gone over my position as a staff trainer and program developer not with authority over her, but having responsibility over her.

Other stuff was said too, but this was the main part of it. I don’t know how to train out of the gossip, except to say I HAVE to NOT talk to people. Even the other Q’s and Brandi. I told Theresa yesterday, that if she was talking to people and it wasn’t directly about her work with the clients, then maybe she would have to question what exactly was being said. I said I had to do the same. It’s not that they can’t talk small talk, it’s that there are some who want to use information – real or contrived to hurt others. It would be my conjection to believe that this would be an effort to do less work, and as a very strong possibility an effort to keep people – other staff out of their rooms. They want to do what they want to do, and they don’t want their work checked. I said directly that if people were running closed rooms and preventing others in there due to “heart attack” or something, then it was the clients who were at risk and it was them who was being held hostage.

We’ve seen this with other teachers, and I could honestly say, I’m seeing it again.

Hmm, it’s an hour later – now 9 am and nothing has gotten done yet. Shoot.