Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, November 12, 2007

Got through some of the resistance - worked/tried to clear desk

Good morning. It’s me again … I had a couple of paragraphs down, but we needed to reload AOL and we lost out copy. It’s ok. It’s now about 8:00 am. We were in on time and we heard Sr. Theresa on our way through. But, Brandi went in ahead of us and we didn’t have a clear shot to the chair … She told Sr. we were here, so that was good enough for now. We’ll go up after chapel to see how things are going.

Reports in so far is that she’s in a good mood and was happy to be on the trip. I don’t want to burst any bubbles. And, if she asks, I can just say that I handled it. I’m done with that stuff, I would like to think of it as a brand new week.

We were disappointed to have to come in today. We really we’re hoping for another day off. That is weighing in on my mind. I’d like to be in my pjs. Everything feels anti-climatic after Thom being here. I just want to be back in that space.

Can’t happen though. So, I need to be moving on.

I need to think constructively … get something done. I better get the thing done for the DSP training. Hmm, ok, that is done for a bit … it will have to wait now until I talk to Sr. Theresa. The form is asking for questions I don’t have, but are in the staff file that Sr. has. That means I couldn’t have completed it until after she got back, but I really have to get it in … there is a 30 day deadline after program was completed which was October 25th. Today is the 12th. So far so good, but don’t want to mess around with it. We’ll let it be our excuse to talk to Sr. Theresa. Go through a little debriefing.

Ok, next. I have to acknowledge that there are other things that went on. I wrote a couple of notes talking about Qnotes, staffing, meetings, etc. I think those are all fair things to tell Sr. I’d like to tell her about Maria’s problems, but they were more minor things working toward just a general power struggle. I think we’ve fairly well slipped out of it, but if I’m asked I will say something. Maria had the first chance to talk to Sr. so I’ll wait to say if she said something first. Brandi has had time to talk to her too. I don’t know if Theresa has come in yet. She called in sick Thursday, but didn’t call in Friday. I don’t know if she’d have anything to say … she stayed out of the movie deal on Tuesday, and she only heard some of the negatives from others, she wasn’t involved.

Ok, let’s not even go there.

Hmm, we have to figure out the next thing. I know that I brought work home to finish over the weekend, but that didn’t get looked at with Rich being around more and then getting ready for Thom’s visit. I think I had a couple of things there … there were 5 Qnotes and then notes for the Chronologicals and then there are the 1 ½ annuals and goals that seem not to be getting done. I also have the feeling that I’m forgetting something important to be doing today, but I don’t know what it is.

There is still a lot of resistance to getting the balance of that other work done.

I need to keep that in check. Maybe I need a 5 minute break though … we’ll be right back.