Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

This is a leftover from earlier in the week ... Maybe Monday - incomplete

Good morning. We’re up a little early this morning. It’s about 1:45. I can imagine that there will be a nap somewhere along the way. We fell asleep on the couch. We were listening to the game and we started reading the National Geographic. I guess the combination of all three proved to be too much for us. I remember waking up, but we were too tired to go to bed proper. Then too, we were weighted down by kitties. They love it when I fall asleep on the chaise, because they can both comfortably find spaces to cuddle with us. I’m not so sure how appreciative they are that we leave on the light. I do like that when we get up, we have that extra view of the living room that we love so much. It makes us feel cozy.

Ahh, that was nice. We just went over with Missy and sat on the couch for about 45 minutes and just had pleasant thoughts. Mostly of the living room and then of the living room filled with sons and grandchildren. I am looking so forward. Unfortunately, we’re also seeing little corners that still need attention. Like there is a big dust bunny toward the ceiling over one of the bookcases and we haven’t dusted either the treadle machine, or the coffee table. That all will get done soon too, right? I don’t want the room to be uncomfortable.

We were just remembering that there was a tiny bit of Estate money left from my father and Sandy. I’m not sure, because I haven’t heard anything for a long while, but I think there was supposed to be a finalization of the will close to this December. He and she had both died early 2003. It wasn’t going to be much money … just like $600, but I was thinking it might be enough to replace the broken chair in the living room. I’m not as concerned with the side chairs, because it won’t be enough money for that, but I also have to consider one last book shelve. D*** they don’t sell them anymore. They do sell a 4-shelf version which is a foot shorter than my shelf. I can get one or two of them for about $120 each. Shoot … not what I wanted. I think I’m going to need leaving that corner alone for a while. Maybe we’ll one day decide to get a new TV not 22 years old and then we’ll get an entertainment center for that corner. I’d like a nice wooden one with glass doors etc.

Ok, ok … here it is now quite some time after. We were going along with the book case search for quite a while. Then our friend called and we realized we needed to get going because of the 8 am dentist appointment. That went pretty well all considered. This time they filled two cavities. Ugh. Now I’ve got a break of about 2-3 weeks and then they will have a couple more appointments to do something with a crown. Then we’ll be into the new year and the new dental money and we’ll continue on with whitening and the partial. For all those concerned … DON’T SMOKE! Does terrible things to teeth. We’re up to now in 5 days our 4 month non-smoking anniversary. We’re pretty sure we’re never going back.

The dentist was real nice … She always is. We told her staff that we didn’t want the TV on and no thank you we don’t want a magazine and music. But, we said that if she wanted to talk she could go right ahead. It turns out she has 3 boys like us, but hers are little guys 1, 3, & 5 years old. So, she talked the whole time about what they were getting into hehehe. The process was pretty quick though we needed TWO shots of Novocain. That wasn’t so pleasant. No tears though! One of our younger parts told her she wasn’t going to like her anymore. But, she said that was ok, but we liked her anyway.

After the appointment and there wasn’t any suckers  … we took a drive to the north side of Chicago to find out where my middle son was living. I figured if I’m going to pick him up on Sunday, we better figure out how not to get lost while doing it. We cheated though and used the GPS devise from the PDA. That got us there pretty quick. It took about a half hour and we were on a route that bypassed going downtown.

I would like to talk about that experience more, but out of courtesy to him, we won’t. But, the drive itself is ok … no problems.

After that we headed south and stopped at the gym. By that time it was about 10:45. I know because it was busy enough we had to sign up to use a treadmill. I did 8 minutes on the bike, which is only so-so good for us. And then we did 10 minutes on the treadmill, which was great. On all the first 9 strength machines we upped ourselves to lifting 3 bars … so that was good. We did at least 12 on each and some we did 18. The last 3 machines were busy. I don’t know why they have so many people on them that just sit. I think the seats are too comfortable. I got 3 extra minutes on the bike while waiting for the treadmill, so I only did 5 minutes on the bike after the weights. I was pretty tired after all that. Good work with the weights. I was kind of frustrated though because one of the 9 machines had pads missing where we rest our upper arms, so we tried to use the machine without. The trainer was in back of us with someone else and before we left, he told us we were doing it wrong. We explained no pad, but then he said we shouldn’t have used the machine. That made me feel about 6 years old. Blah on him!

I don’t know what exactly we’ve been doing since coming back. I know that we were by our computer probably reading stuff and the fix-it guy came in to do the sink and bath tub. Apparently, the folks across the hall had complained of the same problem, but to the wrong guy who didn’t communicate it to the office. So the fix-it guy routed both apartments. Good thing we called! I asked him about the little girl screaming. He just kinda smiled … apparently, he knew about that. He said its just the way she communicates and that they’ve been good tenants for about 8 years at a different building. *Sigh*