Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Shaky night trying to catch Zzzzzs

Good morning. This is me. It’s just a short one this morning. We’re just back from the sleep study one orange ago and we need to be getting to work. First though we are going to take a shower and get a cup of coffee. I kinda took care of breakfast because on the way home we stopped for two muffins … *sigh* … but, there was no chocolate long john to go with it! We’re working on it.

The test went pretty good all considered. It ran straight down the line as expected. It started promptly at 8:30 pm and ended at 5 am. She talked to me for a few minutes after that as she was taking off all the Gizmos. I think I had fallen asleep again within about 4-5 minutes and I did better with the snoring though I still snored somewhat. During the night she calibrated me at about 10. She said this wasn’t too bad and that the machine goes up to 20 and after that there is the BiPAP machine that goes even higher. So I figured we were a lightweight in the sleep department wooo HOOO. I felt like I was up and down several times during the night, but it was more because of my back and the sleeping position. As to the machine itself … it is very cumbersome, but it does what it is supposed to do. I could breath through my nose all night. It is a mask that goes only over your nose and your mouth needs to stay closed, because if you open it the air pressure does strange things in a pushing outward manner. HMPF! That was very interesting. She gave me the choice of three masks and I chose the one that was the lightest with the exception I didn’t go for the one that fit directly into my nostrils. No no no … wasn’t going for that. Unfortunately, the result is the mask like you are flying in a fighter plane. There are two straps that hold it on in back of your head. So, it looks pretty intolerable.

I think that’s one of the scariest things is that my sweetie pie is either going to see it when he tucks me in for the night, or we’re going to need waiting until he leaves to put it on. That part makes me very sad with both alternatives. I don’t want him to see us looking like a space monster. I think we are going to have to get through that part with him, because I’m not feeling very optimistic about it right now. I don’t want to talk about that anymore.

We just remembered to get our cup of coffee. Sr. knows we are coming in later this morning. I don’t want to take all day. Let’s put us in that shower in a half hour. Might want to take our medicines pretty soon though, k? Dear? Take your medicine? *Mope*

Deep breathe … let’s have a sigh. Ok … go on now medicine …

Hmm … took off my street clothes to find she’d left snaps on me. HMPF! Snaps … fine … then I will take them off myself. Ouch. Hmm, anymore surprises. It’s 7:04 and we’re kinda feeling that we need a hug. I want to call our friend, but I better not. I think he’s getting a late start from home this morning, but I don’t remember why. Our kitties were finally happy with us. Just cuz we fed them. They said they didn’t go for that late nite miss the early morning feeding routine. Missy said just stop that stop that right now! I know she meant it because of that funny little way her whisker muscles vibrate when she’s very serious. HMPF!

We umm left a little phone message on our friends machine. We’re still feeling sad. I think we better go take that shower. I don’t want to miss him, but I don’t want my mood to be altered negative either. Just feeling kinda overwhelmed.

Our friend called back, but he wasn’t in a place he could talk for a few moments. And, we were crying so couldn’t talk anyway. So, we took a shower and he said that we could write to Sr. and tell her the sleep wasn’t very good … AND IT WASN’T. He said to let her know that we’re going to take a nap and try to be in before 11. So, we did take the shower and at least we’re not crying anymore. Dog was though cuz we left him in the bag and he didn’t get a good nights sleep either. He says he’s not even in the mood for Darth Vader jokes. HMPF!

He just wants to hug me now until my friend signs on.

Seems we’re kinds tired …. Medicine has had a half hour … Dog says we should lie down a bit. I think we’ll talk to our friend in a bit, but later. Nighty nite