Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, November 13, 2006

Ok ... cutting off quick ... have to get to my nap ... someone special coming over ;)

Ok … it’s me … we’re back. Some good and some bad. I missed the gym today. I was going to go this last time after the dentist, but then after that we didn’t feel as good. We’re still waiting for the Novocain to wear off and I didn’t want to add more pain to the process at the gym. Wanted to be back here in my home where it was safe.

We’re hoping for another call from our Sweetie Pie soon. We called him per request after the appointment and he was just getting into Nashville. I think he had to make a quick stop, because he said he’d call back in 5 minutes.

Hmm, just looking at Mapquest. It says he’s about 7 hours away from us right now. I don’t think I’ll see him until tomorrow, but if he were going to sweep suddenly toward my direction he’d have to drive almost 500 more miles and would get in close to 9 pm. That’s without too many stops. I think he get out, but probably is driving eating as he goes. Pretty long day. I’d be just as happy if he slowed down a bit. Maybe in a couple of hours. But, I think I know him and he’s a “let’s push it through” kinda guy. *Sigh*

Pretty sure he’s going to need some good babying after this. Will have to give him an excellent rub down. I love doing that while he’s telling stories. I’m just getting the tip of the iceberg now although he’ll tell me that all … nothing much. We have to push a little harder for the good stuff. We want to know what everyone thought, said, and did. I don’t know how we got that way we just are. And, I also know that I’m very protective. I want to make sure everyone treated my baby with respect. Sometimes bad things happen and although he doesn’t quite say it, he gets hurt and if he’s hurt I’m hurt. Then we’re very likely to get mad at whoever it was that slighted him. Usually can’t do much about it, but we still left feeling kinda feisty.

Before he calls back wanted to say that the dentist went ok. I knew more of what to expect this time. We need to go back in a week to have two cavities filled. It’s all part and parcel. I’m glad I got in my other appointments when I did. This person whose been working on my teeth says she needs to see me for a 3-4 week check-up, but all the appointments are filled up for the rest of the year. I’m on a list that will get a call-back if there is a cancellation. I don’t know what to say if I didn’t get checked. I’m not sure if it matters, but we’ll roll with the punches. This time we got out of there and we weren’t charged a dime. I don’t know how that happens. I think the bill was probably pretty high, but I try not to get too concerned. I just hopin on our friend that he is going to have the money when the time comes. If they asked for money this time, I would have told them I had to wait a couple of days for it. I’m very grateful I wasn’t charged directly.

Good good. Officially the bank account now says $156.70. It’s got in there the $109.37 that we deposited. If it clears in time maybe we won’t have trouble with that $50 automatic. I’m not sure … we’re kinda playing on a limb. And, we gotta make sure there’s money for gas.

AHA! He’s on his way … He’s up to Clarksville and then he’s going to jump over the tip of Kentucky and then he’ll be in Illinois, but way on the other end. He says he has about 520 miles to go and you know what??? He’s comin in this way WOOOHOOO!!! He says maybe at least. Maybe not too … he says he’s going to need to wait and see how he feels. We’ll get another call around 5 or 6 … and then we might go to bed early so he can wake us up about 10. I hope he doesn’t wake us up saying he has to go home, but we’ll be very understanding if he’s too tuckered out. I offered that he stay here over night, but he’s not that kinda guy. This will be like a welcome rest spot. Better start limbering up my fingers now!

He’s doing good … he said there are problems at home so its important that he get back, but we don’t usually talk about that kind of stuff. Gotta let him go and do what he needs to do. It’s his family, not mine.

Otherwise. We talked about some personal kind of stuff, but he wasn’t in a real good talking mood. He knows I didn’t go to the gym, but that I went to the dentist and all is good on the bill. Mmm. We’re doing carrots and salsa now … and have something in the microwave. We didn’t really take an opportunity to have lunch and now we’re pretty close to dinner, so I’m thinking these two will get merged and if anything we’ll have some peanuts or fruit for a snack this evening.

Good dinner … not like spaghetti, but good enough. This one’s pretty much chicken, rice, vegetables, and a salsa base. He is excellent on mixing them up for us so that we’re getting different things to eat. Especially, I think with the hypnotism, we’re finding anything good for us, is very, very tasty. I was very proud of ourselves when we went to Walgreens’ for the dentil floss and bought nothing else, especially sweets. I think we’re making progress. There was one other consideration in not going to the gym. I think I mentioned it before, but I think you are really supposed to be doing the strength building every other day. We don’t have to run it exactly like that, but the next time in since we can do up to 24 on a good many of the machines for reps, we’re going to try pushing it for the third bar on all the machines. And, for that I really did want a day to recuperate from the day before. It really does make a difference. We’re had just raised the limits on the aerobic tread and bike to ten minutes. We’re probably going to hold that at least a week. Pretty big deal … now 4 min to 10 minutes.

Where I can really tell the helpfulness is in moving around the house. I still start to hurt toward the end of a set, but I’m more willing now to go a little further and I’m much more eager to jump up and start something without a lot of thought going into it. That was something I always used to do when we were lighter. Like our Granddaughter … we’re bouncy too. I just forgotten how pleasurable it made me feel. I will have to look at the chart again, specifically, but I think we’re coming to our 2 month marker point in a week or two. That means I’ll take the time on a Saturday to ask the trainer what to be doing next … I know a lot of the people that have been around are on some of the fancier machines that are between our beginning set and the bikes. There are probably about 30 some machines that are designed to work on specific areas. I’m not pushing to fast to go in that direction, because I’ve appreciated the all around strengthening I feel I’m getting now. What I am hoping for is that if he puts us on those different machines then we can keep the old machines and do each every other day. Maybe that would help the most.

Oh my oh my … You know what … ALL 3 boys said yes to our alternative date for Thanksgiving. I can’t believe what’s just happened in them coming together, but I’m not going to say any more, because I’m sure none want me talking about it, but I have to just say this one thing. It makes me very, very happy. Yes!

Ok, now we have to go back to the regular part of keeping ourselves calm and figuring out what needs to be done next.

I’m just so happy…

Ok, think girls, we got to be doing something. We were so excited we called our friend. He was happy for us too. Ok, ok … next right?

What would Flylady have me doing next? We were working on her steps to do day by day and in the process we’ve been putting together our control journal. We’ve tried this before and it seems we never get far from it, but we’re going to try again cuz we’re just that way. I think I said something about this before.

Damn we’re crying … my prodigal son is coming home.

Oh stop that silly woman!

It’s going to be ok. We’ve got to try and not act strange. We’re going to try.

Hard to think not strange and that we’re following a substitute mother figure at the same time. Ok, let’s not think too much about all that … let’s just get down to the business at hand. Where did we leave off. Hmm, we never decluttered anything. Hmm. I could declutter a sock drawer for 15 minutes … how’s that? I’m tired of poking them back in as I try to shut the door … back, back you sock, back!

Oh not strange? Damn.