Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, November 12, 2006

We don't write so much in the evening ... *sigh*

Wooo HOOO We DID IT! We’re back to the gym and everything is running pretty close to normal. The only thing we did wrong is that we forgot the change for the machines upstairs, so we just got started at 3 pm the washer. We’re going to do it though. I’m much better on the stairs than I have been for a while even with the higher weight. We set the timer and we took down the stinky kitty litter. We’ve got one more load of garbage. Hmm, one extra trip though … is there something else we should throw out? Flylady is all about decluttering. Nope, I don’t think so. We’ll have to settle with what we got.

Slowin down for a minute here to regroup. Hmm there is college football on until 6 pm and then there is a half hour break that is terrible and then football is on again. So, we have to decide is it that or music. Hmm, maybe we better go football. It will put us in a more receptive mood for being in present time. I’ve gotta have some safety if we are going to go toward that mail. Hmm, maybe I should turn on a game AND do the mail in here. Mostly at this stage it is just sorting. Hmm, what happened I sorted using the coffee table. Would that take some of the pressure off? I need to get a new lining in the garbage, but that might just work. Ok, we’ll check that out. We did just turn on the living room lights and seem to be drawn to that part of my house. Woohooo a change! Ok, we’re not leaving very long though. We’ll be right back.

WITWOOO We’re over here! We done good. We got just 10 minutes before the clothes are dried. We followed through even when it got hard. We had grabbed our keys and garbage on the way down, but had forgotten to get the change on the counter. That meant an extra trip up the stairs. We are so far into like a 5-6 time thing today. That’s like never happened. We are careful usually not to go up and down those stairs, but we are doing it. It’s kinda funny when I think of it that people usually probably come in and out of their houses all the time. Just we don’t. So its strange. I feel very out of place there, but we’re working on it.

We’re gaining confidence for being at the gym for example. So far there is a lot of meaningless faces. By this I mean I look at women when I have a chance, but most of the people melt into my mind and no one stands out as someone I really remember. I’m remembering in my head most of the workers, but not the regular people. I do know they come in all shapes and sizes. I’m one of those people in the biggest group. Sometimes a woman will come by that’s bigger, but not all the time. I think people much bigger than us figure they are to big to be in a gym. Most of the bigger women are African American. I am still figuring that whole thing out because they are the ones that come in the skimpiest tops and bottoms, but with the weirdest shapes. Sometimes certain body parts are emphasized as being over sized. I’m the size of a traditional pear. I try to cover the part of my obesity that is most difficult to look at. I think people feel repulsed by the extra flab hanging on the bodies of big people. Where I am supersized from my stomach, it is covered by the inside shorts, and then the outside shorts, and then the longer polo shirt. My caboose is pretty sizable too and because of my back, I sometimes lean forward so it makes my back end seem even more sizable. I’ve noticed it during the brief seconds I’ve looked over to the wall mirror while on the treadmill. Usually there are too many people between me and the mirror to notice. I spot check – quick glance … Yup! Still too big. And, that’s about as much of that as I need.

Whoops time for laundry, BRB.

Ok, back and dinner is done. Very good dinner. It had a hamburger base and we added a little salad dressing to make the sauce more distinctively creamy. The foot ball game is getting over now and I’ve done our best not to know what really happened or who was playing. BUT, now we got a bad half hour of TV before the next game. Shoot.   unhappy face.

Shoot now even unhappier. I turned off the TV for the time being. I just discovered that football game I wanted to listen to plays on the channel I don’t get. Somehow or another my tv skips abc. It’s too bad too because the tv is too old to think anything is sensible on it. I inherited a 22 year old TV. *Sigh* But, otherwise she’s fine to me. I might though check out Dateline. See if we can tolerate it. I’d like to see Law and Order SVU afterward … but the chances of us staying up to 9 pm are slim.

Eh … how much can go wrong … we got our slurpee. It’s supposed to be like 15 calories a drink. Ok, ok … so we’re obsessing. We can deal with that.