Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Not so much today ... kinda distracted - listening to the Lady

Good morning. This is me. We’re back again, but it is already 9:16 am. We’ve been doing our Flylady thing … Wooo Hooo just forgot almost time for the multiples meeting. I’d almost forgotten about that. Pretty much we’ve been just sitting here listening to the women on Flylady. Our friend just stopped by too. He was a little scattered because I think he’d stayed up and watched TV too long so didn’t get everything done and is a bit rushed. I think it must have hit him fully that its Thanksgiving week. He’s always under pressure on those kind days, because he makes the Turkey dinners all around for home, work, and us. And, I’m not sure if it was the right thing or not but he said I should withhold sex until the curtains get done. I’ve never done that before … withheld to get something. He had to walk us through it. But, I don’t understand if he knows how important it is that I should have to do something terrible. We did try to do the curtains ourselves this morning. We were pretty unstable standing on the bed. We badly sunk one of those plastic things in a pre-existing hole, cuz it went in crooked, and then we bent the other one … sinkers they’re called when trying to hammer it in. Our friend has told us now that we had to drill first then hammer and screw or something similar to that. I just get so mad at myself for not being able to handle such a simple thing.

Take a deep breath.

Ok, we’re going to put that nagging thing away for a while and not get into the pity part. On the good news side … we did then jump in the shower, take our medicine, brush and swish everything, and even got some dusting done. Just a little bit at a time, right?

Some of the ladies on the Flylady show get very emotional. They have built up their lives to consider something in crisis. Like me and the curtains. Flylady actually said during the show that we need to put up our own curtains and that is why I tried. Someone should have asked her for the directions. Maybe this is something I should have gotten from the Internet though. But, my friend said he would try it again this week. There are only two major projects to finish to complete my household changes we started two years ago. One is the curtains need to go up in those last two rooms, and the other is that some pictures need to be hung in both bedrooms. I know pretty much what I want in the back room, but I don’t have a main picture for the main bedroom yet. A long time ago, I’d found something I had wanted to hang, but it cost $500, which I couldn’t do at that time, nor could I now even if the item still existed. But, I haven’t found or figured out anything that would work instead. Our best hope is that we might find something creative if we went through our closet and looked for something we’d loved before. I’m not saying that I’m going to hang the Girl Scout Sash, but something in that order. It has to be something relatively large like a favorite cloth and something fairly romantic, because that’s where we are when we are in our bedroom. I know something will come up, but we need to focus on that for it to happen, and we can’t make it a priority right now. Let’s just focus on the curtains. K?

We’ve been working on our Flylady control journal, but it is bulky right now. This is what the morning routines look like.

1. Get up fold the blanket, weigh and feed the kitties
2. Shower and brush teeth/floss and get dressed to lace up shoes, fix your hair and face
3. While you are in the bathroom Swish and Swipe
4. Grab a load of laundry and start the washer
5. Check your calendar for today's activities
6. Empty dishwasher to start your day
7. Make sure the sink is still polished
8. Eat something good for you and take your medicine and vitamins
9. Drink your water.
10. Do the Paper Patrol Hot Spots Clear (15 min)
11. Check what's to eat for the day including dinner
12. Check our notes to see if there is something missing, or if we need an attitude change to something more positive.
13. Do a 2 minute hot spot check
14. Do a 5 minute room rescue
15. Declutter up to two times a day using 27-Fling Boogie What to declutter? Things to ask yourself as you get rid of your clutter:
• Do I love this item?
• Have I used it in the past year?
• Is it really garbage?
• Do I have another one that is better?
• Should I really keep two?
• Does it have sentimental value that causes me to love it?
• Or does it give me guilt and make me sad when I see the item?
Cleanse this room of everything that does not make you SMILE.
16. Check the kitty litter area and make sure all the trash has been put outside. Do this for 15 minutes total then stop.
17. Put your feet up for 15 minutes (hmm read National Geographic)
18. Set up at minutes to work on our Inspirational Page
19. Kelly's Zone Mission
20. Check you Holiday Control Journal