Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, November 13, 2006

Gettin through the Monday Morning Thing

Good morning! Just us. We’re very happy right now … because … MY FRIEND JUST CALLED!!!!!

Oh man is that sweet! He was doing very good … He’s on his way back right now and is still in South Carolina. WOOHOOO … He said he just caught fall out there and it is beautiful. He is excited because he will be going through the mountains pretty soon and with all that fall – it is going to be a very nice drive for him. It’s just 7 am now … 8 am from his weekend schedule so I know he’s got a whole lot of driving to do and he’s going to be stopping in St. Louis to do some business. So, he’s on the move. Go Sweetie!

It was a very nice talk … he told us some of the things that he did. I don’t have them all memorized, but the amazing thing was that his aunt and uncle are 70 years old and are more active he said than even him! He listed one thing after another of what they were doing and how spontaneous everything was. He got to go golfing with his uncle who beat him hehehe and they went out for breakfast with a blues band and visited a friend who’d lost their husband and went to a mall where there were a lot of night clubs and they did dinner down on an ocean pier and man all kinds of cool stuff. He also said they watched the Bears game and it turns out Bears won!!!! Wooo Hooo! I had to turn off the TV just into that, because I was trying for a better night sleep, but that made me very happy, especially after they got trounced on last week.

We told him how good we were doing with the diet and exercise and we told him about our working with the Flylady and even polishing our sink. Let me tell you it is a thing of beauty. I didn’t even know I had a sink that could look that nice. I’m just very thrilled. Oh yah … and we told him we were already up and showered and dressed and ready to go to the gym and then at noon to the dentist. More work, but we’re ready for it. We’ve done pretty good with using the new electric tooth brush, but we need to do better with the flossing. I think our drawback is that we’re zip on cash or credit right now because of the car expense, but we need to go out and get some of those dentil floss things. They are little horse shoe like things that get stuck on the end of a blank tooth brush like handle. I don’t think they are going to cost that much, but they’re going to cost something and something is not what we got at the moment. Oh man drat. We just checked the account. There was another auto payment for the old hospital bill ICS for $25, plus I had a little slip up … so what’s in my account right now is $47.33 and I got a $50 auto payment that was sent out. I did get a $33 refund from our dentist, so we’ll put that in the bank on the way to the gym … have to remember to leave early for that. Hopefully that will keep us out of trouble, but I’m thinking its going to be 2-5 days before it clears, and the other is going to hit us before that happens. Pretty sure we’re going to get another $33 charge. Damn.

We couldn’t bring ourselves to tell our friend that we had a purchase slip up. We ended up buying from Amazon yesterday … and no, I don’t know how that all occurred, but we got a couple of books on how to record family history. Basically, I want to know better how to record my Grandma and maybe others, but that project isn’t well defined yet. But, basically, I know there are certain questions that are good questions to ask. I would like to get that all down the proper way. Unfortunately, it meant that I’d have to pay money out for the books. And, that was a slip up. There were 2 books and we got both used, but it cost about $40 and that was money we really didn’t have. But, I want to get as much and as soon as I can some conversations recorded with my Grandma before anything happens to her. I know at 98 years of age … we’re playing against odds. I want a piece of her I can hold in my mind’s eye far beyond this next 40 years, if I’m lucky enough to make it that long. I want things recorded and then posted on a blog that will be safer to give out to others one day. That way I’ve done my part in preserving my Grandma’s legacy. That would make me feel very very good.

Hmm, how did Missy get to be laying across my arms. Damn … those kitties are sneaky. It’s like wearing a mink muff. Her nice slinky soft warm tail is draped over my left arm and her paws and soft chin are draped over my right arm. And, her back is pressed up against my upper chest. Shoot, what do you people without kitties do for a life!?? Hehehe

I think there is not too much to report of last night after we signed off with you. I know the Bears game had been on and at that time the score was against us 3 – 10. But, our buddy says they won Wooo HOOO. You know about our morning already, so I guess its time to get up to our regular morning in front of us. I think we’re going to need going through a couple of Flylady messages. The first one is doing a 15 minute timer with the paperwork project. So, I think … let’s get on with that … umm after washroom, please. Ok ok … brb. Sorry Missy.

Wooo Hoo! Another task done and we got water on the way back – plus, this time we put everything away. And, you know what? We looked inside the old envelopes from the insurance company and sure enough there was some checks in there. SOOOO, instead of $30 to deposit from dentist, we are going to deposit $109!!! Our friend will be happy for us. BUT, I’m not sure if they will be in soon enough to prevent another penalty. We’re trying though … Got to remember NO MORE SPENDING!!! Nothing is quite that much an emergency as long as we’re able to get to where we need to go. That includes right now work, gym, and Dr. M. I think that’s it. NO EATING OUT!

Ok … good just finished going through the emails. There was a couple more from Flylady. We had taken a lesson from my Grandmother last night that we could be swishing the toilet with vinegar and that was better and more natural than the other cleaners. It worked GREAT! Woo HOOO We’re managing … I know we can do this I know.

Ok, what’s next. Think we did all the morning routines. Maybe check on the Flylady site once more … I know this weeks mission is in the kitchen and that will probably come through the email. But, I want to know what I am missing. Hold on. Whoa! Forgot … today is the day for a weekly home blessing.

Hmm, well haven’t gotten to that quite yet … damm … missed my gym time in planning for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Yes! We are having holidays … we hope … we’ve never traditionally planned anything … It’s been more informal can you do something? And, many years we don’t even get that far. What we did was read over Flylady’s 25 page Holiday planner. We made sections in Our notebook (OneNote) for our morning routines and night time routines, and we included a special section just for the holidays and that planning. We then sent out invitations and called our son that doesn’t usually do things with us and I invited him and his friend. That’s it … Just really, really hoping he would bless us with a visit or two. I’m not sure if he can, but we’ll hope.

So, what’s to be done next.

Hmm, just a little more follow-up with our first son. Good good.

I think it’s going well so far. I’m going to check out Flyladies morning instructions to see what else I should do keeping in mind the doctor appointment at noon. Better confirm that hold on. Ok, that’s all good. We’ll go directly from the appointment to the bank, and then to the gym. Good good.

Ack time’s gone gotta go … bbl