Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, November 24, 2006

Didn't Get So Far Here ... Happy Thanksgiving Anyway

Good morning Happy Thanksgiving. This is me and it’s the day. WoooHOOO!!! We haven’t written for a couple of days because we’ve had trouble getting in and out of things. We’ stayed home and wandered around the Internet, especially over at yahoo. I had been made aware Flyladies group originates out of yahoo groups, and then I became interested in other groups, and then we became interested in starting our own group. We’re pretty sure there are enough groups for multiples out there and we have parked our group on a distant street under a viaduct. We don’t mean to have a large group, just one that is nice. More of that in a little bit.

Last night our friend came over … he’d put us through a pretty rough time as to not going to work. There were times I thought our T-Day pie was in jeopardy. But, he’s too good a friend for all that. Ahhh it was a wonderful pie.  Just can’t say enough about it. And, we’d forgotten, but he remembered after love-something that he was going to put up the curtains. It was like Wow! I didn’t even remember. Curtains is not usually what I think of during times like that! But, he did and we helped a little bit, but mostly it was him and the curtains went up and they are beautiful. Not as wonderful though as this morning when we went in there before things were all the way woke up … Saw the morning’s light coming up in them. The Shades were open just a bit and the curtains are a white lace wedding print. Wow … the kind of thing that brings a girl to tears. Chief was just saying that too. I guess kitties too.

It turns out the drill was a good idea. We had two containers from DeWalt, which I knew was a good company (we used to work in a hardware store). I couldn’t decide between the two. So, we opened both and let him poke around to his handy man heart’s content. He said he could do it because I had such nice toys to play with. I personally think guys are born with an extra gene that makes toy playing more fun. I’m willing to feed that at least. I really thought I could do it, and I probably could if I had read some instructions on the Internet, but ruining my first sinker, or MOLLY as our friend calls them … I was tuned off to the thought of me putting anymore holes in our walls. Bad idea … bad.

I was right though that the wall and those two corners of our house seem more warm now and better able to suffice as rooms with clearer purpose. I have to do some picking up again. I took care of the table and started on the fridgerator, but my back drew fire. It said Lordy, not already this morning!?? So, I said ok, we’ll do this fair and square, we’ll take it easy. Just one task and moments at a time. We’re having a little trouble now though with Chief, because he’s trying out a new position of exerting most his weight from his shoulders to our left wrist and it is causing our limb to go numb. Hold on. Ok, that’s better … we reshuffled him. Pshwoo.

I haven’t seen anyone wake up yet … whoa there’s Deb. I wonder … I bet you she’s still in her jammies. Feeling a little tired now … drat. I like to stay up for at least our friend. He had a tough night though because he had to stay up late last night to pick up his son from the train station. I think they were going to make turkey together this year. That was IF they both got up. I know our friend could do it, but not so sure the son’s habits. It would seem the routine for younger folk would keep him in bed a little longer. We’ll see.

Ack sleep is overtaking me. bb in a little.