Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Something happened.... something good.


Oh my gosh. I’m sorry … I don’t mean to be here all the time, but something just happened. Something that is very good. I’m not sure I understand all, but I feel it somewhere inside me I feel it, even though I’m not very sure how I should feel. My son, my middle son, Tanner, is talking to me again. Oh my God … it’s been a long couple of years where he couldn’t do that. I feel somehow I must be in shock, I didn’t know how to respond proper.

I had taken a chance and called him. Today is his birthday. And, I said, I just want to wish you a Happy Birthday. But, then he was like talking. He talked about going back to work with a different attitude and that he was living with his girl friend in the city in a separate floor of a two-flat with the girl’s mother. I was aware that he had left his company for a couple of months and had gone back, and that he’d moved, but I didn’t know he would talk to me. I said after he had stopped, that I didn’t want to take advantage of the situation, but he said that it was ok, I could call anytime, that he had not been looking at life clearly. He might have said a few other things, but this is the part I can remember. My son hasn’t talked to me for the better part of two years and now he’s talking to me.

I don’t know what to do or think about this. I’ve got to try not getting weird about it. Take a deep breath. It’s going to be ok … everything is going to be ok.