Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, May 10, 2010

Making tracks...

Good morning … this is me AND we’re on a day off from work. It’s about 10 am now. We just finished writing to the sewing blog and we had breakfast, slept in most the morning and didn’t do anything to taxing so far. We thought we’d write here for a few moments before going back to the studio. I’m still getting used to calling it that, but CS is pretty insistent that that’s what the room should be called. Ahh … feel like I’m in Paris and purchased a small attic off a main street.

The general part of the sewing blog was that we had a fairly lazy day, but a nice one for Mother’s Day. We spent breakfast with Joe and Cari and Rich, and then went out for a late lunch with Rich’s Mom and Bud. We also saw Mark, Rich’s brother so that was nice. The bad part was that we’ve picked up a bit of a cough and sore throat. The smoking at his Mom’s was kinda tough, but we didn’t stay there too long. We had dinner out at a country club. It was good, but as always too much food to choose from. I just had a small plate and half a piece of pie and a bloody Mary … that part – the drink made me a bit sick. I probably shouldn’t of had either the mini-snickers at Rich’s mom’s … just that 2 pm is a long time to wait for lunch. *sigh*

We’ve been doing our fair share of snoozing while at home here. I think we went to bed early last night and we slept in this morning. I’ve been on the cough medicine and we’ve been out of the medicine that helps keep us more alert. Go figure. The prescription is at work. I’ve called Rich twice and haven’t gotten a hold of him either time so I’m loosing hope on having the prescription filled today yet … It really does help my concentration. I feel bad for not having it over the last couple of days.

Missy is still meowing … I’m not sure what she’s up to. She’s coming and going from the balcony … so maybe she’s just having a hard time getting settled. I know she’s not used to me being home during the week day and that’s enough to set her off. Chief is sleeping comfortably on Rich’s chair in front of the windows. He will pick his head up and look at Missy meowing, but to tell the truth, he doesn’t want anything to do with it. Hmm, Missy is now checking out the bathroom. That’s a good sign. Sometimes before she goes she will make a lot of noise. Hopefully then she’ll settle down.

Oh oh … didn’t stay too long in there. Was it enough time to take care of some personal business? I sure hope so. She seems lost and forlorn. The birds are singing prettily outside the window – I can hear it with the window open. It seems to be a nice day and there’s a gentle breeze. That part is real nice.

There’s not too much going on you couldn’t pick up over at the other blog … just in general a nice weekend.

We’re at the point where we’ve got to resolve what to be doing next. I’d like to be back in the sewing room. Thinking though nothing much to do there unless I want to get settled into a real project. We will of course finish the last of the wrapping project. That might take about an hour. I think we should be sewing, but it’s a little intimidating. BUT, we’ve got everything in place to be doing that work. Just gotta get our nerves settled. This is the point where getting our medicine would help.

There … just refreshed our coffee and did a little picking up - not too much to be doing - just a few dishes that was throwing of the clean lines of that which is going around. I asked Rich to pick me up one of those new Swiffer dusters, because I’d like to get a better handle on the dust we’ve been discovering over the weekend with everything moving around of late. Well ok, that’s enough housework thoughts.

It’s just like the thoughts on doing work at home for St. Rose. It’s just not going to happen!

Hmm, got that done … we called my mother … we had called her yesterday too, but they must have been out … we left a message that wasn’t returned. This time we got a hold of John. He said my mother is out volunteering with the older women. She apparently does this with a friend. He said she was with the OLDER women about 80 and above, but by my calculation … she’s now about 70 and he’s older than she is.

I think they are parsing ages. But we’ll let that go … we’re 50 and that’s like not a young chick any more. But, I don’t want to get stuck here.

She may or may not call back. We’ll see. I’ve done my part though … If she wants a Mother’s Day message … she’s got to be around SINCE they don’t believe in cell phones. ARGH! That’s just the dumbest thing … ok, girls we’re getting riled.

Better let it go.

I did get a message from CS on AOL saying that she was up doing something so had to go back for a nap. I just don’t get all that napping. BUT, then I napped this morning today too – well at least wasn’t really up until about 9 am. Just that she’s set her pace so low. I’m not sure how to deal with that – at least I don’t know why it frustrates me so much. Just better let that go too.

I figured I should say something about CARF before I go find some actual work to be doing. I felt pretty good about it since the first time the woman showed her face around the door.

Whoops that was CS. She called back which was nice. She’s up from her nap. I don’t know if she understands, but when people nap several times a day and then complain about not sleeping through the night there’s probably a little depression happening. CS did a lot of talking as if she wasn’t doing something because she was waiting for something or another to happen. She also mentioned again how she’d picked up in the kitchen and started laundry. It’s just that these aren’t the kinds of things that take a whole lot of time especially if you are doing them every day. She made sure to point out that when she works she gets tired, but then if you’re not pushing your body or mind – you are bound to get tired or feel hurt because your body isn’t used to making those demands on you. Believe me I know all about this.

Mentally we’re a lot busier than CS, but I don’t think either of us move too much physically. I’m like in a glass house here … it’s just that if you are below “BY A LOT” under MY effort levels pshwoo … there’s some serious problems. AND, there is a lot of things that happen on my level to get the sense of appreciation for being a bit obsessive-compulsive. I just don’t understand so many pauses that nothing gets done unless someone is there prodding you on. I can hear CS making excuses, but there has to be just a bit of laziness too. I know that’s our case as well.

Just we’re actually WORKING on it~!

So with all that said … it’s about 11:11 am now. I think it’s about time we go give the rest of the day to the sewing studio. Let’s see if we can’t get to a place where there is actual sewing happening? Wouldn’t that make Rich proud? And how about yourself AND being a good example to someone's little sister, hMM??