Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's DAY!

Good morning. This is me, and it’s HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!! So have a happy one out there all you who have deserved this special day! Believe me if you’re a Mom you are on auto-deserve!

I’ve been up for a while and caught myself napping while typing so we went and took our shower. Hmm, that reminds me … we’ve got to take our medicine. I know Chief is right here as happy as a clam, but priorities are priorities. Ahh there we go!



I haven’t done anything with the sewing studio this morning, but we’ve fixed the Facebook and typed our Moose blog. That’s a start right?

I think we last left off here that we were still in our CARF 3 day survey. The bottom line for that if you haven’t heard on any of our other mediums is that WE’VE PASSED!!! This is a really big deal. I don’t know what to do with all that happiness. We’re not real ready to talk about it, but we should say a few things.

First off is that we had a really nice surveyor. Her name was Mary Zubek. I might have told you this much already. I guess going to church was a real good experience for her on Friday morning, because she came out glowing. That was really a feather in sister’s cap. After she asked how often we did that and we told her it happens every Friday. She was amazed with what we thought of as quite common – at least for St. Rose. It makes me feel proud that the center touched her so much especially after all the centers she’s visited over the last 15 years.

Ahh it’s a bit after. It’s 7:45 am. Rich is now up and looking for some time to wake up … we tried talking to him and all we get is the aches and complaints part.

He’s pretty stiff when he wakes up and has to do quite a bit of stretching to get comfortable with his body. But, then of course, we’ve been up for about 3 hours and we’re all happy with the day so it’s a real slow down to hear the complaints.

But, that be the deal of being a girl friend.

Like stated above … he’s got the next half hour to himself … he’s going to watch a fishing show and tape our morning show. I haven’t been watching it, but think he’ll see it later.

I’ve got a pretty bad cough and have been considering whether I should go to his mother’s with them, because older people are that much more vulnerable. But, I think we really should go. Rich likes the company and I think he likes that I am getting along with his Mom so well. After we see Joe, I think we’ll head out in that direction. We’re going out to eat – I think we’re doing lunch. Rich is also looking forward to meeting up with his brother Mark. I’m glad he shows that kind of enthusiasm.

Rich has had a pretty hard week in that Chris his son had a few seizures this week and went to the hospital each time. Things have progressed as they might, but it doesn’t take away the worry a father has over his son. I won’t go into details here, but we wanted to say at least that I hope Chris gets better and that they figure out what’s causing them. He hasn’t had any for years.

I haven’t heard too much from the other kids. I think Jon is going to be up for the weekend, but I haven’t heard much more than that. Maybe someone else is seeing to transportation if he is up. Jillian too has been keeping a low profile. I think she’s looking for her own place, but I think she’s planning on staying in New Mexico because she’s had job offers. We’ll see how that turns out Maybe she’ll be coming home for a bit during the summer when school’s off. Rich made mention of her or Jon maybe staying over, I think though it had more to do with not getting rid of the bed. I think though if they are coming … or my kids or anyone … they can have the couch. Our apologies for not being a better hostess, but then again – I GET TO USE MY ROOM TOO!

Hmm, looking at my shelves from this perspective. I think I’m going to bring back the couple of small stacks of fabrics … I’d like to see CS keeping those kind of stashes and then we’ll bring her back the sewing videos for the EQ6 program and the Voyager – her long arm. It’s a lot better to organize seeing everything displayed in front of you.

CS mentioned in a note on FB that she might like getting rid of some more stuff so that she might better organize. I feel a little guilty, because we get all this cool stuff around us and she doesn’t then get to keep it around her. I think I see her point though too. She’s been collecting these kits for years without doing anything with them. She might be getting tired of looking at them clutter up her space.

I think she has a certain amount of guilt for not getting them processed further.

I would hate to see that if she sent them in our direction she just might collect more to fill the new void. Yeeks! That would be terrible! I wouldn’t have helped her at all. Too I have to be thoughtful in that I could run into the same problem as she has concerning looking at them without doing anything. Just gotta be careful.

I just been talking to Rich for a bit. I got dressed to make sure I was out of the bathroom before he needed it. It’s already quarter after 8 am and he hasn’t taken his shower yet. You gotta know we’re encouraging that! I’m not usually late when it comes to our kids. I like to be on time and accordingly they are the same.

I’m going to have a hard time leaving the room. I sure do like to be here.

There’s a nice morning sun too! I will bring my electronics with me, but usually we don’t use them. Boy that kitty is sure curled up and sleeping comfortably!

Maybe I better get this all posted, so we can be ready to leave – if you’re a mother HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!