Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, March 12, 2010

Have we said - Off to the races yet?

Good morning. This is me. We’re still at home. It’s about quarter after 5 am and we’ve been up for about 45 minutes. We were working on some small housework tasks and catching up with the email and FB. Yup yup … nothing new at this point.
AHA! That was new-like … I went back and made sure ALL my morning tasks were done … it included cleaning sinks and doing toilet first thing. Yup yup … things are looking up.

I’m only going to take a moment or two and then we’re going to jump in the shower.

That’ll be a good thing. We stayed up a little last night. We’d gotten into some bad TV – watching people clean really messy messy houses. It was terrible! But, by the third house Rich was thinking we ought to be coming to bed. Well, of course that’s always a good idea as was taking a nap/sorta earlier in the evening …

WooHOO. *nice pleasant smile*

Sooo anyway here we are and we’re feeling much more accomplished with our morning having done a few things around here. We even made sure to start the dishwasher last night and then unload it today. It wasn’t a full load, but it sure did make it easier of a task. Hmm? Think about it! There’s something nice too about going to bed with the swishing of the water. Rich woke up too and thought he was swimming in a waterfall. Hehehe – silly guy!

I was just relieved to find that the water had gone down the sink and was not streaming over him 

Hmm, so maybe now that shower? Like to wake Rich up at 6 am with everything done.

Hmm? Ok you … go to it!

Oh … and one more bad thing? We weighed in at 291. That was one of Rich’s and my goal is that we weigh in at least 4 times a week. We’ll have to check that one off, hmm? Now about the part of losing 2 pounds a week? I guess we’re ready to count that down too? Is it about time we go back to the gym? Maybe tonight? We’ll see.

Ahh … good good. We got that done with 8 minutes to spare. Sleepy bear looks pretty tired. We peeked in on him and he was snoring some pretty serious logs. 

So, what’s next

Hmm made a few adjustments on my iPod. So far so good. This morning we’re going to remember the head phones too. We need to coordinate so we have all the devices, they are charged, and we’ve got the cords in case they aren’t. You might not believe how difficult this all is, but it is!

Good … we got a few more things taken care of and we woke up sweetie pie … well actually he was sitting on the side of the bed so there wasn’t too much waking up, but we did get a couple of snuggles and kisses. Pswhoo. That guy is hot!

Ok, what’s next? We got some fresh coffee. That is something. We’re feeling a little tired dazed right now … we’re thinking we’ll have to come up with some concrete thoughts or we’re going to slip into oblivion. That would seem the wrong way to go.

Not sure though … what should I be thinking of? One thing is to say that we really like typing on this keyboard. The keys go down so smooth and there is a nice feeling and sound to it. I don’t know how long this is going to feel so cool, but for now it’s still really nice. It’s like surfing on the wind. Hehehe … ok maybe that’s a little weird, but you know its somewhere in that atmosphere.

AHA! Sweetie pie is up and atom. I can hear him sighing in the background. I think he’s trying to do without coffee. I’m not sure what the motivation there is, but I have to admire him for establishing goals and then moving on with them. He’s such a good Rich!

Seems like we’re floating here - we’ve got to think of what’s next on our agenda. Hmm - what to think here.

We should be looking at something that interests me. I’m thinking maybe something to do with the quilt? Where did we leave off with that?

Hmm, we might have just gone past about a half hour here. We’ve been talking with Rich, but just gentle stuff like processing our days – well mostly Rich’s day … I guess we didn’t really add anything. Rich is going to now check on his email.

Ok, we’re back … we spent more time with Rich … he was going through his mail – the hard stuff. We were talking about that and checks. Well cash too. I checked the bank. The car insurance went through, and there is $215 left. That seems to be in part $140 for the 5 Spring Fling tickets and then $40 for the electric that Rich paid. That means we’re rolling in the dough at what $35? Yeeks. I gave Rich a $100 from my envelope just to make sure it was going to be ok. That means that we have only $20 left. It should be ok. We’ve got our check coming in either today or Monday. Not sure which way sister will go with it. Need to get it in though and as Rich says STOP buying stuff like books, materials and iTunes!

Some of the other was to be more expected. Mostly bills. I look in the account and then I spend thinking there is money in there. But, naturally it was obligated to other things. Ok, well you know this story. We need to work harder at the money, but seems we always fail in some respect or another. Just gotta be taking care better.

Hmm, Rich is talking to Bob. They are making arrangements. I think that Rich is going to get the van from the center by 8 am, and then he has to do his things and he’s going to need picking up his daughter from the airport at 5 pm or so, and then he’s going to go directly to dropping her off at her mother’s house.

Hehehe … I just got done talking to Bob. Rich handed me the phone after talking to him. He was teasing me about going to the gym and to stay limber for those funny positions. Well, you can imagine that. I told Rich and he said he’s got nerve talking to my girlfriend about funny positions, but he wasn’t really upset … just making a note. Maybe that one will get back to Bob from Rich.

Basically, then the plan is that I’m going over to Bob’s with him and Marcia about 5 pm and he’s going to throw some burgers on the grill and then we’re going to watch the Clooney movie “Up in the Air.” It seemed like a cute movie. It seems that if you are going to do anything with me socially, that its best to grab me on a Friday night. That’s the one time I really don’t want to be alone by myself. So this turns out to be a good deal.

So, anyway … best be getting dressed and out the door. We’ve got work to be getting through. I’m going to get off work today at 2 pm, come hell or high water! Oh yeah … gotta do those item labels too for the Spring Fling. Sister is going to be looking for a quick recovery on her task there. So, better get that going. Maybe we can arrange a time around Imelda’s schedule so that she can tell me about some of the items. Just know that I have to come up with 14 labels, Yeeks!