Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, March 04, 2010

From Tame to Tizzy :(

Good morning. Not much time left this morning. We’ve been in and around things, took a shower, spent some waking up time with Rich and talked a little about getting to talk to an older friend this morning. That’s really going to be the highlight of my day I think. I felt like this is someone I’d really like to know better. I was so glad she stopped by to say hi. *sigh* This is like life … sometimes it’s just grand.

As to other news there isn’t much … we got home before Rich by a few moments. He’d stopped out to do some errand – I don’t remember, but he had chili waiting when we got in. It was his turn to do the once monthly card club so he had made a big batch of chili. It went over really well with the guys. Rich has always been a great cook. There seems to have been some umm playful time in there, but pretty much by the time he left we were very tired. We slept in the bedroom from about 6:30-11 pm, and then we got up for a little and went to the living room, but we fell asleep again and slept until 4 am. Kitties had something to do with that.

I don’t know why we’ve been claiming so much sleep over the last couple of days.

Somehow though we just get into the driftiest feelings and we just want to snuggle in and disappear from all thoughts and pressures. I don’t know if it’s a depressive thing, because we really haven’t been feeling depressed, but I know it’s a sign so we’re being careful with it.

There wasn’t too much in our emails this morning and I’m thinking there’s in general not much going on. Today we have a group of volunteers coming in from DARST.

Usually, I just give them a general overall of the program by a few minutes of conversation and a CD on the center that lasts about 10-12 minutes. Then we usually give them an walk-through where they can get accustomed and then we break them up for time being spent in the groups. After that we go through a debriefing, and then we send them out for the last 20 minutes to being out with the groups as they are finishing their lunch. It’s really a nice set-up and they seem to continue bringing groups back so the program must be working out.

I enjoy the time.

We also will be meeting at the center with Rich with the CARF material. I asked to have him talk to us about it because we need some help pulling it together in the time frame we have available.

But, now it’s closer to time to leave and so I should conclude just by saying I’m a little stressed for all that it took to make this next transformation of getting dressed. Of all things we usually don’t talk about … we were missing one of our undergarments and then went into a tizzy thinking through the next step and back-up plans. Maybe some of you have gone through it before where you go to get dressed and nothing is right. Rich just came out to say something about a shirt I’d just thrown on the chair that slipped out with something else I was reaching for … our face scrunched up and said … you’re not going to yell at us right. But then he said he was holding back and that I could help him out with things like this.

Oh why Lord is life so hard.