Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Just a nod with our nodder friend in mind

Good morning … this is me. We’re up and atom thanks to the kitties … well and the part that gets tired of sleeping. I just want to be up … unfortunately, this is the morning that we ran out of coffee. I don’t know how things like this are allowed to happen … sort of gets me questioning is there a God and is he really looking out for me. Well, not really, but sort of. It sounds like Rich got up after me and is in the washroom. Pretty sure thought that he is going be going back to bed. Be nice if he slept out here in the living room where I could keep an eye out, but he’s more of the type that goes to REAL bed.

I just checked on him … a little worried because he hasn’t been eating. Last night I stopped and picked him up some soup and a little roast beef, but he didn’t want either even though it was CHICKEN-NOODLE soup. That’s the staple I thought all sick people ate. Hmpf!

Today we’re going to be a little pushier though he thought we were pushy last night because we were telling him he needed to shower and eat and drink. Yeah pushy me … why would any of THOSE be important … did we Hmpf already?

Better be moving on. There we smooched him and he said he’d be up in a couple of hours … it’s 4:15 am now, but it won’t be ME that wakes him. I don’t believe waking sick people up. That just doesn’t seem fair!

We’ve got some pretty cool music on this morning. We’re listening to New Age. Lots of ambient healing music therapy … maybe it’s healing inside parts that don’t even know they are sick. Hmm could happen that way?

Obviously we’re not really concentrating here too much this morning. We had a strange evening last night. I had gone to Dr. Marvin’s on a Monday at 3 pm which was strange enough, but then when we got home Rich met us at the door though he was bent over some and using the counter to hold himself up. I think he’d gotten up for the washroom. We were pretty cheery, but he was in a sleepy mood … just real groggy. He went to his chair sitting up and then just stared pretty much. He finally got to the point that he talked to a few people. I think his son had called and his mother. He didn’t get to the point of calling Bob back, but after the two short calls he seemed really wiped out.

So he went back to bed … he said he was going to lie down for only 5 minutes, but at 7 minutes I decided I might as well go lay down with him and keep him company.

Don’t know how else to gift someone. I had brought home the sandwich and soup and he’d said maybe about 8 – it was 5:30 pm. But, that never happened. I slept with him in bed until about 8:30 pm, we both got up, but he didn’t make it past lying down on the couch. We had to cover him and he went back to sleep for about 1 ½ hours, before going back to real bed. I followed at about 11:00 pm, but I fell asleep on the couch until about 11:30 pm when he noticed I was missing and came and got me. This then lasted until about the time we got here at about 4 am.

Wow with all these times I should be like a detective … or maybe a criminal. I could say no officer at that time – 4:13 am I was doing … you know kinda then fill in some of the details. I always wondered why they remembered so much on Dragnet.

No ma’am, nothing but the facts.

AHA! We just updated our FB picture. We used our new favorite design. I think this is going to become my signature image 



It’s got it’s small version too.



This is the one that’s on FB. WooHOO!!

Ok, now we’re just being silly … I can see we haven’t truly focused yet? Maybe we should start filling in some of the details now that we got the outlined part done.

Probably one of the more important parts is that we got to see Dr. Marvin last night. Always it seems the struggle to remember what was said, but we’ll try it again. The first thing I remember is that one of our younger parts walked in kinda smiley and sat down and then Dr. Marvin I think asked us how was the weekend and then he asked if we had any ice cream. There seems then to have been an admission of guilt – something to the tune of at least 4 bowls … we could stretch that to maybe be more. It had chocolate on top of ice cream AND marshmallows.

Later he told one of the parts about his concern with the ice cream being part of a overall grand manipulation to be speaking to younger parts who weren’t as challenging to my sister. It seemed to make sense after he said it, but by then the younger part wasn’t available. I don’t know if that’s something we would like her to know, but just in thinking it we probably have her a bit concerned. It seems wrong to think that someone could use ice cream to our disadvantage, but we’re letting in little inklings of light now.

Ok, that’s enough not too much.

We talked about things in general that it was for the most part nice enough and that we’d had a specially good time with Emily there. Dr. Marvin asked a question about CS feeling put out by attention not on her, but both Emily and us seemed to be making sure that happened too. Emily went on a tour of CS’s house with her and I just stayed out in the kitchen. CS needs that kind of special time.

Then I think that we got into conversation about the correspondence back and forth. There were a lot of details. We went from finishing up most of that and then coming back to Rich and being sick and then about inviting Bob and Marcia to the Spring Fling and things like that … there may have been a couple of CARF words, but not many. And, then I knew that we came back to CS. We saved the last 15 minutes to discuss whether or not she could come to Dr. Marvin’s. He’s leaving it to me and I left feeling there was a lot more to discuss. He did throw out some other options like her coming in for just part of the time, or just saying hi and then waiting outside the door. I was going through a lot of invasive feelings. I told him too about the part about Kathy Head and being so upset that CS came in and took over our support and then added to that was the expectation that we be taking care of CS.

But, CS has always been like a draining hole in that the more care you gave her the needier she became.

Maybe if I had been more attentive back in those days I could have helped both her and me out, but as it was I was barely managing with just me.

Hmm, just had a funny set of thoughts … I’ve thought it in the last couple of days too. It was the part where people in my family especially the women always waited to be called back. You could never tell what kind of sulky pouting they’d been doing. But, it’s happened with my Grandmother, mother and now sister where they say basically, you know where to get me you call me … I’m not going to call you. It’s a bit of a control demon. I was remembering it because of CS’s pout yesterday and because I’d called my mother on the way home thinking it was about time. I don’t think she really thinks too much of me when I’m not calling, but I do know she reminisces as if she’s contributing actively to my life through thought although thoughts don’t get connected through to real time.

But, then I look at the boys the same way. I feel most times I have to call them, but then they don’t always seem so happy … like ok Mom what’s the point meaning that to call someone it was like calling Bob or Rich yesterday … get out what’s on your mind and then let me go as if no one truly likes to talk on the phone.

Ann Ludford Garvey We've been writing. I will feel better when Rich eats again ... this is now day 3. Yesterday he requested chipped ice lemonade we're all against dehydration. He didn't stay up too long either last night or this morning and he wouldn't eat my chicken soup, but the continued effort to get him better goes forward. We ...go today for him at least watching a fishy show ... yesterday he said it was too hard :(

49 minutes ago

Angie Campos Esparza likes this.

Pat Angelo

Ann, try some Pedialite to keep him hydrated.

43 minutes ago •

Darla LaVigne Philipczyk

My Dr. recommended Gatorade to replace electrolytes

27 minutes ago •

Ann Ludford Garvey

Both seem like good ideas. There's a better chance that we could get down some Gatorade because he drinks that when he's officiating. I'll pick some up today. Better make sure the trays are filled with ice cubes too. Last night I didn't want to throw away half the tray because he might want more, but then half the tray didn't get filled. Yup, yup ... full time duty and lots of worrying to be a good nurse friend. He even fell asleep before getting his back rub! :(

Vickie Fleck

Hope he feels better soon!

8 minutes ago •

Ann Ludford Garvey Just a little change ... like a client at work ... he says he's got wheels whirring in his brain. Ok, that makes sense. This is my favorite color arrangement so far. I don't know why, but I seem to love this image :)

55 minutes ago •

Darla LaVigne Philipczyk likes this.

Pat Angelo

so do I.

41 minutes ago •

Ann Ludford Garvey

Awe thanks Pat ... now I'm imagining those pinkish strokes remind me of you and your soft cuddliness ... yup yup we roll like that!

19 minutes ago •

Pat Angelo

Thank you that is so sweet. Sorry Rich isn't feeling well. But I know you are taking good care of him.

15 minutes ago •

Ann Ludford Garvey

Oh yeah ... and collecting good Ann points too. Yup yup Rich remember the time I pulled you back from going over into the dark side? Don't we think that's worth a couple marshmallow treats? Yah I'm starting to get that vision :)

Ann Ludford Garvey Ahh here we are - unusual night visit to FB. I napped with Rich 3 hours after getting home from the doctor's office and now am up listening to him sleep peacefully on the couch. Pretty sure it was food poisoning. He's weak from refusal to eat, but we chicken souped him anyway :) Busy day today ... CS's quilt went over big time at the office. The staff loved too the little projects worked on - nice!

7 hours ago

Terri Eickhoff

terrible! so happy he can rest! chicken soup...Yha!~

7 hours ago •

Darla LaVigne Philipczyk

food poisoning? From what?

7 hours ago •

Ann Ludford Garvey

He went out to a hockey game with his son and they stopped over at a BBQ place for lunch/supper. You never know how long pork sits out when cooked to serve customers right away. At least that's our thought

7 hours ago •

Janet L Larson White

Sorry to hear that Ann. Hope all goes well from here on out

6 hours ago •

Tammy Brierly

Hugs to you both

6 hours ago •

Ann Ludford Garvey

Thanks guys ... we'll pass the message on to Rich on one of his trips back and forth to the umm special room. He's moved to the bed now and the kitties has reclaimed the couch. Figure we might as well look into CS cutting work on new fabrics. I feel like I'm the night nurse :) :)

6 hours ago •

Ann Ludford Garvey

giggling now Janet reflecting more on the "here on out"

6 hours ago •

Janet L Larson White

You caught me, a little sick humor....

6 hours ago •

Darla LaVigne Philipczyk

actually it takes about 24 hours for food poisoning to manifest itself. Most food poisoning is a result of pot lucks and picnics. Learned that at school. So proud :p

19 minutes ago •

Ann Ludford Garvey

Oh man Darla - you go girl! It wouldn't have been that long ... he said that the BBQ was coming up and that he'd started to get sick around half way through the hockey game. Lord only knows how he got himself home. I thought he was going to pass out when I saw him first peek around the door.

15 minutes ago •

Pat Angelo

I had food poisoning once Ann, mine and the others who got it at a conference from bad veal started off with an unGodly headache. The stomach sickness came a few hours later, was never so happy to throw up in my life. Mine didn't take 24 hours Darla, we were all still at the conference when everyone was holding their heads with the headache. Not sure why it hit so fast with us.

6 minutes ago •

Ann Ludford Garvey

Hmm, maybe different foods produce different results? Darla's the cook in the bunch so we're going with some expertise there ... but Dr. Marvin thought it was food poison too ... one way or another - I think he may have agreed with you Pat in being thankful when releasing some of that mess. It was (trying not to be disgusting here) - pretty forceful. It's bothered me that he's still feeling bad. Just on the onset that it could have been flu he decided to cancel going out to his mom's today ... first he didn't think he could do the drive, but also he didn't want to put this all on her especially at that age.

Ann Ludford Garvey

Wow! What a volley! There was a flurry of FBing. Appreciative of my good friends. Pat is my oldest computer friend, TJ and Tammy are my newer computer friends – with them it... only been 6 or 7 years. Angie and Vickie are new computer friends and also Marine Mom’s and Darla and Janet are old high school friends. Only in the world of FBing is so much like this possible. Thanks for giving me all this exciting explosion of attention and concern so early in my day – love you all! And thank you for making me feel so important and especially for your good will toward helping get snuggly bear better :)

Pat Angelo

Love you too :*

25 minutes ago

There sent a copy to Rich better get into the shower now … brb.

Ok, we’re back. All better. Missy is a little out of sorts though … oh oh … that’s why … sweet cheeks is up and he’s being disagreeable. I guess he’s coming out of his illness. They all look so sweet when they are sleeping. He won’t jump in the shower yet though and he’s saying he’s going to go out to work and that he’s not going to eat, and he’s only going to rest – meaning get up, but it’s all being done with his eyes closed. UMHMM… Well, ok that’s a big “no-go” in our books … so we’re protesting. If you are not going to talk to us sanely we’ll just go back to the typing. He has been told what a bothersome patient he is being right now. HMPF!

I guess I’m not really into too much. Got our regular stuff done and we will need to be going into work pretty soon – I’d say about 15 minutes. Not real happy about it, but there shouldn’t be too much specific stress on the day. Still a little restless in our minds. Not sure where to be yet and sir sweetie is confusing things because he needs and doesn’t want to need all at the same time.

Hmm, we’ve been talking to sir sweetie for a few moments … It’s about time to go to work now … so we’ll see you there. We’ll go more into his lethargy later Hehehe … our fishy guy is trying, but man is he a draggin. 