Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Just a note and a sleepy nod

Good morning. We’re up, we’re up. It’s about 5:15 am now and we’ve been up for about an hour straightening out our morning. Do you know that someone was so tired last night that we didn’t even get up to register that Rich went grocery shopping so there’d be our ice cream in the freezer? It’s pretty small, but wow … had to rectify that error in sleeplessness first thing! You know … you can never go wrong with marshmallows! Yay for Rocky Road!

Hmm, silly kitty … he thought he was going to come stand in front of the screen …

hmm, obvious problems there! The desk is different than the table was in that there is no room for kitties up here. Apologies to them this morning, but reminds me that we woke up after having had nightmares … It started with nightmares about going to a cousin’s wedding and problems of dressing – kept putting on things over things or dirty clothes etc. Then it turned out we were dealing with the devil with other things in mind … he was just putting us off in a state of confusion.

Then the thing got really bloody and violent and pretty sadistic … like you think you can do that pain(knife or gun inflicted wound) then try this. I’m not sure that I knew what was going on … I guess a part of my brain is trying to forget as soon as any small tidbit is remembered. So we’ll call enough of that. I remember that at the end Rich was telling us that I should let the kitties wake me up, but that I was feeling relieved that they were. I’m thinking now though some of the pain I was feeling was because of the kitties methods of waking me up with their claws. What I finally woke up with was when they changed their technique and just softly padded-pawed my face. Ok that will get me up – a little kindness is all I need 

Rich usually falls right back to sleep. I’ll be reminded though this morning of the time they woke me up or that they should be holstered!

I’m thinking that I’m going to jump in the shower for a few moments and then come back to typing. Both Rich and us seem to be working harder at making the morning’s productive. I like the sense of being behind the keyboard again doing the writing.

Looking forward to an uninterrupted period – best get this other behind me then 
Hmm, Missy seems to be on the needy side this morning. Now that we’re back trying to calm her down … just sometimes she needs attention. Good girl … we petted her for a while as she patrolled and then she finally settled down. She managed to find some space on the desk though … it’s good that she’s a fairly thin kitty … not much space. She sure looks pretty stretched out in front of me. It’s dark enough so that she kind of blends in which promotes the sleek feels. *sigh* Ok, settle down girls.

It’s about quarter to 6 am now. We’re thinking we’ll wake up Rich in about 15 minutes … I think he appreciates getting up on some kind of schedule. I have to admit that I feel a sense of loss in that I didn’t get to sync with him last night.

We we’re just so groggy and sleepful that we didn’t know what to do with ourselves.

Hmm, just had a passport where that I didn’t know where we were. Thinking that we’d just like to lie down for a few moments. Hold on, maybe we’ll try that.

Pswhoo that was nice! There’s only about 15 minutes left right now, but I woke up on the couch because I heard Rich say “morning sexy!” Well, ya gotta know that’s going to stir a girl first thing  Good Rich!

We talked for about a half hour … mostly just listening to him talk about his work schedule and plans for the day and a couple plans past that. We talked to about going to CS’s. That will take more time than I got at this moment, but basically we’re going to plan leaving for WI just after the thinking group on Friday. It’s been since November since we’ve gone up there seriously to do sewing. I think that we’re going to need working on something other than what I’d thought, but then CS said she has some squares we could sell … it would just mean framing them. I’m not so sure about that though because she said something like she’d plan to do that for me as a gift but didn’t get to it fast enough. I told her we’d wanted to do something like that in the space above the kitchen cupboards just as a decorative piece.

She said something about coming to Spring Fling too so we’re kinda excited about that … I would look forward to introducing her particularly to clients. I think if she got into the people she’d feel much happier in thinking in those directions.

I’d like doing some work with her there, but basically … well we’ll talk later about all that … Probably some mixed feelings too about her meeting the people I depend on … Rich said first thing she’d have to know … and I knew where he was going … there’s a high risk in thinking that she would forget and mention something about Rich and I being together. Just because sister knows know does not mean the rest of the staff would know.

Just for a note btw … we met yesterday with a grad student from one of the local universities yesterday who might want to do some volunteer work. I made sure she felt comfortable and had her working with all the DSPs, but truth be … we found out toward the end that she just talked too much about personal. That told me she was less interested in business than in being around people. She’s a hostess at a restaurant and is into social things there so I don’t know … I told Sr. so that she be aware … at least she’ll have that info going into any decisions about her. It was a disappointing blow, because she seems nice enough and definitely smart enough, but she’d be a lot to handle as to relating with staff.

We’ll see.

Probably should post this though and make it down our merry path. Like to think we could get more work done. Yesterday we pushed through in cleaning our desk and doing some client filing. We put in an extra half hour toward all that. Felt really unexpectedly good to get some work done … it was like wow … I remember slightly being able to do this it was kind of a good fun feeling. There’s a whole lot in our personal system though to think it could be done regularly. We don’t know … we’ll have to wait and see to see what happens next.