Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Back to an old fashioned Saturday morning



Good morning. It’s me again and it happens to be a day off – Saturday no less! Oh happy day oh happy day! I am in such high spirits – the king that only come from being a Saturday morning on a 3-day weekend. Yup, yup couldn’t get much better. I think we’ve already talked about it being a weekend Rich is going to be home and then he’s leaving very early on Monday morning for his well-looked forward trip on Monday to Alabama. He’s off to the races this morning to prepare his boat and supplies for the trip … I say go for it fishyman!

I’ve been up for a bit – but, spent a good part of the morning really working on it. Up at 5 am and Rich still pushing me to consciousness at 8 am. Now it’s quarter to 10 am and things are just starting to blossom. Just in case though we set to the task of making a fresh pot of coffee and we note that the kitties are playing happy morning games.

We’ve just been over at Facebook to look around the block and see what people are doing. I really have a nice group of friends and acquaintances that make the walk very pleasant, especially first thing in the morning when optimism for the day is fresh. Today at least 3 sets of people have posted pictures of the frosty trees.

Cody had one that was exceptionally nice, because when I looked at it it reminded me of being a happy Valentine’s weekend.

Hold on I’ll show you!



Isn’t it a beauty!?? Thanks Cody for snapping this shot!

I saw that Connie Sue is responding to FB entries again. She’s been avoiding them for a while, but she must feel a little safer knowing that I’m not going to be up stressing her. I really believe she wants to maintain the “sick” roles and I’m really for getting past all that. It’s like when you run into particular old people who only talk about medical procedures or visits or talk about their friends who are sick or dying. My mother does that too. It’s depressing not to leave that spirit.

This is the conversation this morning. I’m trying to be nice, but very direct in that I don’t want to hear about just that part of her life. It’s like when she used to talk only about Nathan as a baby. I know she could do better than this … just she is short-siding her situation and calling in life.

Ann Ludford Garvey

Good morning ... what a lazy morning. But, now Rich is out taking care of fishy things and we're getting around to the computer - we've been watching news. It's time to do a little catching up and then become somewhat productive. This is just the way life goes, right? Rich will be back between 3-4 pm so the day is ...MINE!!! WooHOO! Let the chaos begin!

Connie Sue Ludford Tscharner

It sounds like you are not too disappointed that stayed home this weekend? How is the computer doing? Is she happy to be home from the computer hospital?

28 minutes ago

Ann Ludford Garvey

Naw ... I really do love weekends even if primarily by self. I love the free thoughts of thinking and doing whichever direction I happen to turn. The Internet is a big part of that. I like to do writing too and recapture thought spaces that didn't have enough time to expunge themselves during the week - imagination let loose - that leads to looking and finding all sorts of mysterious holes and valleys of mindfulness. Just a great day and more ahead!

24 minutes ago

Connie Sue Ludford Tscharner

Pump change yesterday threw me off and I was up till 2, fell asleep for 45 minutes and up till 4:30. Curly thought it was time to go out and play with Macy. He loves the snow! Macy not so much!

17 minutes ago

Ann Ludford Garvey

One day you'll have a non-medical series of thoughts and then realize how much you’re missing. I'm hoping you get better soon!

14 minutes ago

It’s hard because I’m thinking she heard nothing of my thoughts – I spoke twice of feeling wonderful and she ignored that part to say she’d had another bad time. Maybe that’s all that is in her mind and I’m being neglectful in listening … I just want a much more positive existence, and I think that everyone has to work on that. Even in my blog where I walk down negative paths – it is more to explore that space and so I can leave it behind. If I’m being grumpy with someone I want to understand that grump and help her along so as to see again life is good.

I was probably a little too direct … It’s been about 20 minutes and she isn’t responding. I know by pattern too that when she answers a post and takes it over with her health and well-being that it turns others off to writing in the post – in a sense they think they may be intruding … at least this is what we think. I feel short-cut. But, think we will leave this alone for a while. Well, maybe? Could I reintroduce a clean fresh thought? Is there anything else to say except I’m going to have fun and play around on the computer all day and I’m sincerely looking forward to it?

I had noted in her first response she tried to be a little more productive in her thinking, but that she commented on me not being disappointed for staying home – this is naturally an off-statement of me not going to her place. I offered, but she decided not to break her medical spell. At some point she’s going to get tired of all that and then maybe we can move on. For now I’m happy enough that she’s addressing me. I know she’s really frazzled when she doesn’t respond for 4-5 days at a time.

Hmm, maybe I’ll take some time to read over this morning some of the material I’ve received on working from home. I just checked my email and discovered another link toward working from home. The pictures aren’t coming in, but I do have some hard copy mail that came through efforts of me checking certain sites before. I had found them in a regular nationally based magazine so I thought they might be worthwhile checking on … there was also some kind of medical billing situation where you go to school 3-4 months. That was an option too.

I think though it would cause me a little double booking in that I want to have free time at home, and sewing, and helping Rich AND making some money. I’m not sure if I could be so organized to do all that. But, it seems to make sense that I look at it carefully to see what is possible.

Yayyy! Cody checked his email and responded back that it sorta does look like the heart I’d imagined it out to be. Maybe this is more of an internal spirit that wants to see love and comfort wherever we go.

I have to say though that it gave Rich some trouble yesterday. I was asking SO directly to be sexed and that was SO not happening it was nothing achieved that wouldn’t be a train wreck. I ended up going to bed early and it wasn’t a real happy time with Rich.

We’d started the first few moments we met him in the car on the way out to our night events. Sex, sex, sex, …. Sex sex! I consider this REAL direct. But, he was like … well, we have to go to the post office, and then stop by for the bank and then after dinner, I want to make some dinners and do some laundry … ok, well you might guess which way that one turned.

I think it has something to do with Rich’s or maybe most men’s line of straight thinking. First I do this, then this then this. They don’t want to be interrupted from their task list. Now if a man gets sex on the list – then that’s probably going to happen too, but I’m like ok … here’s an opportunity let’s fly with that!

AHA! She came back with one of her other pressured thoughts. She’d made a really big deal of getting Mark a Wii, but she got one for Nathan too and it was really her that wanted the Wii. I think it was good for her, because she was recognizing the need to move from her own house because she didn’t want to go out, but I’m like SOOOO not into that whole deal. She had mentioned many times getting it for Nathan and Dani, but then only guiltily stated later it was also for Mark. I think I explained before being there and watching the situation be forced. So this is what was next.

Connie Sue Ludford Tscharner

It works both ways, when I can get back to sewing and other stuff, I. Can refocus easier. Medical issues are always going to be there. The strenth comes when I can keep balance and deal with it better. I don't usually have a month like December.

Nate was over last night and showed Mark how to play his new Wii gift that was to be a part of his VD ... See Moregift. Nate had time to show him last night. It was fun watching them! I am not into the hunting game myself but enjoyed watching them figure it out. I played one of the other games with Mark the other night. Jet sking, golf, flying and bowling. All in one night. The dogs are getting more used to us being in the living room playing the different games. Frisby and bowling are still hard for them to understand but they are getting better the more we all practise.

6 minutes ago

Ann Ludford Garvey

Cool, cool have a great day with all that!

Ok, I’ve done my best with all that - on to other things. Yayy! We told Dr. Marvin that we’re going to try pacing out our CS thoughts so it’s not too heavy a burden before getting the chance to be with him to talk more of it out. I think the basis of that is that we’ve worked over 20 years to deal with our psychological issues and we still have plenty of space to work, but CS has had similar issues, but hasn’t worked them through, or at one point there was an attempt, but she decided she was all better. I don’t think she sees her affect on others. Every time I say something like this it makes me wonder about my own affect on others too. Only thing that I can do is be open with my thoughts and work them through so I’m not avoiding too much and can be turning progressively forward. I know I use that statement often, but it’s very important to me.

We had a really nice time being out with Bob and Marcia last night. I won 20 cents from Rich though and he didn’t want to pay up. We got to Bob’s at 4:59 pm … was due at 5 pm and I bet Rich that Bob was going to complain about the time. Then I heard Rich defending himself on time when he went up to get Bob and I started laughing.

We told Bob and Marcia about the bet when they got in the car and it became kind of a funny thing. Bob tried to defend that he hadn’t complained, and then we were like sure, ok … and then we let him put his situation in perspective and to my thinking he backed himself into a hole.

Just a small thing … mostly because I was in such a good mood because it was Friday and there wasn’t work ahead. I think there may have been a few ups and downs, but mostly everyone was in a good mood. The food was good too. We took them to a restarant that Rich and I’ve gone to for the last 15 years. There’s like very few people who use the place – well there were like 6 cops that walked in at some point, and a few others, but pretty much it’s a 1 waitress joint. The food is very good and fills the tables. WooHOO!

The part that made it so good though was how relaxed the conversation was between us all. I remember particularly asking Bob about some of the history that he explores through TV, movies and books. It lead into a real nice conversation and we were grateful to know people who could talk so interestingly. I don’t know very much as to facts, but I’ll always appreciate someone who feels strongly about something enough to be glowing in its retelling. I enjoy that space very much.

I think Bob usually dominates conversation when we go out, but that’s ok too. I think he has a lot to work through and we’re glad to be his and Marcia’s friends.

ESPECIALLY … because Rich loves Bob so much!

There was a little tension at the end because Bob had realized the time and had to be back by 7 pm so it was a bit of a rush, but no different than in a Navy movie where the guys have to break into their good times with the girls to get back to the boat before they are grounded! It was pretty much like that!

I don’t think there is too much more to be added directly from yesterday. We did sit around with Rich afterward and I helped him with his nails. But, then we fell asleep and then went to bed and he stayed up too late. I think we already mentioned that we’d had a couple negative thoughts in him not wanting to play, but by the time we got to that conversation it was too late and I was tired anyway – so we got our kiss and a tuck under and “progressed” the night!

I love our bunny friend!

I think we need to now progress our thoughts toward the house. It’s about 10:30 am and I haven’t even thought of it yet. Maybe it will lead us to those old fashioned thoughts where we had to talk our way around cleaning up. It sure would be nice to surprise Rich with a clean place and maybe even having vacuumed. I think the floor has to be washed too, but that would take a LOT of time away from the keyboard and I’m not sure if we’re up to all that already.

So where are we at to the house?

Whoops maybe another thought here first!



http://rjrfabrics.com/_media/patterns/pdf/Pinwheel_Sunrise.pdf

The above is the link I will go back to in order to print out the directions.

Check, check!

AHA! This is our new kaleidoscope of colors pallet by Jinny. For the record we are going to make Joe the middle bottom one with the sunrise window and we are going to do the back in the pink roses. I’m not sure really how that is going to look all together, but the color is within the design and it’s the color and fabric I loved best for Cari. I like that it’s such a hot pink and I like that it’s roses – as to it being a wedding quilt. I sure do hope the kids will love it, but I know they will. I don’t know whether or not they’ll use it for a blanket or wall hanging, but again I love the concept of it being a window with the sun coming in like in lighting a brand new day or journey.

The other patterns gave me some thought too. I’d like to see the cat pattern too in that Joe and Cari are crazy about kitties and it has the same color scheme as you’ll see pretty much across all the quilts I loved best from the collection. That is what drew me to Jinny Beyer in the first place – it’s like with the fishes or the one from Dr. Marvin … I love the turning of color pallets. And, in the above situation, I was being conscientious of Cari’s Pink. It’s become such a big deal and an exciting nuance between them.