Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, June 23, 2008

Yeeks where did I go?

Good afternoon. This is me. It’s about 1:30 pm now so we are starting a little bit late. I can’t say entirely how our morning has gone on to this point. Rich is home now and will be going out in 2-3 hours. He’s going to go to a fishing store and meet a couple friends for BBQ hamburgers. It sounds like fun. Earlier, he finished doing a letter that was hard for him relating to his divorce. After that he worked for a long time on cleaning up his fishing tackle box and getting it ready for the big trip. That pretty much took up the whole day into the afternoon. He looked at every lure in his collection, checked out the hooks and collected worms to a container. He’s got two big bags and things had to be switched up because the fish are so much bigger in Canada then the ones he catches here.

I think he’s had a good time while doing all of this, because it is part of the going to be leaving for vacation principle. It helps time pass and allows you to think of something positive. Periodically, we’ve gone over and sat with him and let him tell us a little more about what he’s doing. I’m not really interested in why he has three sets of pliers, but I know he cares, so I care.

Other time has been spent by me looking at Marineparent.com stuff and writing to Thom. That made me feel a little better. He wrote three small emails yesterday or last night and he text messaged a few times back and forth with us this morning.

Thom turns out to be in the 2nd Platoon. He says he doesn’t really know many there, but they are doing ok. He says they have been finishing tasks sooner than other platoons. There are four all together. I’m not sure how many people are in the platoons, but we know that 380 people graduated – part of them go to the infantry side and part of those go to MCT with Thom.

Hmm, well I haven’t gotten very far today. It’s now about 4 pm and I’ve only covered three paragraphs. It’s ok, I guess that means I’ve got plenty more to say.