Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, June 13, 2008

Back in the saddle

Good morning! Just me. I’ve only got a few moments … Mr. Rich is gone on a fishing trip. Hehehe he told me that it wasn’t like another vacation … it was a competition. So then we asked, “You mean man stuff?” And, he confirmed yes. He said it was hard work fishing and this time he was probably going to need doing it in the rain. Well, you know me … if its man business ... then there’s nothing to do about it, because we’d rather have him getting more man then less. And, since our man does EVERYTHING including cook apple cobbler … We’re thinking his manstuff is pretty darn good.

Unfortunately, that’s not the version that Dr. Marvin heard last night. We were the most terrible ever. Somebody of us were mad and cranky and couldn’t speak more than a few words at a time. We knew it was us that left and not Dr. Marvin, but it had seemed like he abandoned us … which some of that might have been working out the sense when Rich is gone that HE’s abandoned us. Last night it seemed that we just kept complaining about everything. We didn’t want to go to work and we didn’t want to be done with our vacation and we wanted to be back at Sea World. Yes, it got that bad. I think we might be having a little trouble with reality – and what’s worse is that there’s not too much spine evident. We pretty much just want Rich home and to be taken care of by him. I can hear Rich saying now, that would put a lot of pressure on him and that we can take care of ourselves. We may know that we can in a pinch, but still emotionally feeling pretty frustrated by that – in that we’d even have to try taking care of ourselves.

To make things worse … apparently now the cats want us taking care of them. HMPF!

Don’t know about that at all. Except Holly’s kitty Mickey died yesterday … that wouldn’t be such a good thing. I felt really bad for Holly … she just cried and cried. We held onto her for a bit. Mickey was 17 years old. She had to go home and bury her last night. When going through that you can’t help thinking what would happen if it was one of our kitties. I’d be devastated too. I really feel bad about it. Holly has good friends, but she’s going to be all alone in her house.

She said she wouldn’t get another cat for at least a couple of months, because she’s going somewhere in late July. I don’t think cats are easy to replace. But, I know that Holly needs someone to love and Mickey gave her a lot of company, even when she was doing not nice kitty things. Holly always has stories ready to tell about Mickey. I felt really bad. So did the clients … they were all unsettled by Holly’s being so upset. We pinch hit for her so she wouldn’t need to do a group yesterday, but we’re thinking today will be just as bad for her. Just by then at least Mickey would be buried and prayers said. I felt bad.

It was a bad cat week. Margarita had problems too in that a cat had curled up in the van and Margarita had used the van. And, then the cat died and Candice put the cat in a bag and in the garbage. I don’t think you’re supposed to do it that way, because the garbage was going to sit for the better part of the week. Just a bad week for kitties.

Hmm, maybe I better take my shower. This is not something that I want to keep in my mind. I look at one of my kitties sleeping on the chair 3 feet away. I’m reassured by a periodic twitch of the ear. Our kitties are ten years old now. They’ve still got some time. I think though 18 is really old for a cat. Poor Mickey and Holly.

Shhh, ok you that’s enough! Go take your shower.

*Sigh*

Ok, we’re back. There’s a few extra minutes without Rich here to coddle. We figure that we’ll stop by and pick up coffee on the way to work. It wasn’t worth getting too excited about today. We’ve enjoyed in the past getting a disposable cup rather than carrying our plastic one at the end of the day. I know we’re a bum. We’re getting whopped by Missy. Pshwoo finally she settled down. My chin is filled with micro-hairs. Damm that was short-lived. Chief must have heard all the meowing of her trying to settle. So he came out to have a look. She always has to move away from me when he comes out. He’s such a boss. She was tapping him on the top of the head though as he sat on the floor beside her. Poor girl. Life’s not always about fairness.

I think today should be a pretty good day at work. Yesterday we talked about the Marines and made thank-you cards for Thom’s presentation. It was only a so-so good meeting. I think the clients are scattered as to their thoughts and interests.

There was too much formalness on my part. I think I have to have a session where we just ask them what’s going on in their lives. Maybe I’ll remember to do that next week. I am going to need starting the staff training again next week too. Seems like there should be a set of lesson plans for both. I have the feeling I’m not doing it proper enough. Should be more structure added that they can count on and look forward to. I don’t know how it will be different if Candice isn’t there.

Sister says if she doesn’t have her first aid by today – she is going to be suspended until she does. Then she said because Candice doesn’t seem to have enough to do, she’s either going to take on more, or be put at 3 days. I think the latter is more what sister has in mind. Yesterday when I got back from Thinking Group, Candice was laying on the desk sleeping, and then later after she got up, she was IMing one of her friends. Previously, I’d watch her just playing with the music.

It doesn’t seem she’s taking a very active part in making work for herself. She is her own undoing.

We stayed busy with several things yesterday, but the primary thing was to be working on the Annual Report. We finished our note-taking and have only 3 little sessions left of writing. One of those is really small. I don’t know if we’re going to get by with one of the things we wrote. It’s a little negative, but explains the situation we are in with our State financing. Basically, they are not financing all of our clients and their payments are late. But, I’m not sure if sister will allow that to go in. It fits my pattern of discussing IDHS in the small box I had for it, just that its not positive. Will Sister allow me to be that blunt? I’m not sure.

We also took a look at some classes being offered by the educational school district. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to do it, or if we really want to do it.

But, there are 6 courses – most in better using a combination of programs to do visual, auditorial, and written “stuff” in combination. I’m interested in learning to be a better presenter. BUT, Sister is saying no more money out, so I don’t think she can afford the extra $115. And, time is tough because we don’t know how much of Candice’s work we’ll be taking on at that point.

One last thing I’m remembering doing was some work with fixing the computers because the Internet was down. We eventually figured it out, but it took some time to get it right. Hmm, and of course I did the group, so there was some planning for that.

And, the one other thing I remember is Rich stopping by. BUT … for the most part we worked on the Annual review. It felt good to put in a non-stop work performance. I look forward to doing more of it. It does seem to help when the Internet is down because it’s less temptation and diversion, BUT let’s keep the Internet running, K?

Makes life that much more pleasing :)