Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Stoppin in for a moment Dear!

Good Morning. It’s me. I know the one who is being inattentive. Ahh, but that would be the negative side, right? You gotta imagine that I’m being attentive to SOMEthing, right? We decided to give ourselves a little break from things to try posting this morning. There’s a lot to be talking over, but then nothing much in particular. The big topics are still the weight and the Marines.

We wrote our last letter to Thom yesterday and then we got it mailed. I don’t know if it will get there before he graduates. The time is coming up real fast.

Wednesday, we’ll be on the plane to San Diego, Thursday, is Family Day on base, and Friday is graduation. Rich and I will be home on early Monday morning about 5 am. We’ll see Thom that day hopefully and the next, but then maybe only once more on the following Saturday for dinner, and then he will be gone again. BUT, hopefully this next time with a cell phone.

So, that being said … there’s just all the little stuff in-between. Hmm, so then should I make coffee or not? What kind of morning is this going to be? Eh a little couldn’t hurt, right? Ahh got that started. I’ve been trying not to drink so much coffee because it’s supposed to dehydrate you some and if I could only put so much in my tummy then the better choice would be water. But, it seems that it be difficult to write without sippin on the steamy hot stuff. That too and we had the air conditioner on last night and I can’t get up to shut it off this morning. Need TALL Rich to do that. He’s got this thing lately about me standing on chairs.

*Sigh* Men… so we’ll wait. He’s expected to be up in about an hour. Right now its about 5 am.

I think that Rich is busy this morning and throughout the day, but I don’t remember with what. I know that he’s going to see his son, Jon, but he’s not leaving for that until about 3 pm. Maybe he has a game this morning? Hmm, I remember now … something about getting to the bank, and then he has business paperwork to be completing. Honestly, I’ve never seen another person work/play as hard as Rich.

Last night? AHH a play night!! WooHOOO!!! Let’s call it just a nice night! Afterward we watched a group called Celtic Thunder, which was really enjoyable except the parts where they were asking for pledge donations. Yeeks – that’s the hard part. Other than that – nice. Rich was considering going to see them in concert come October. That still seems a far way a way, but maybe something can be done. I hear he’s planning on taking his favorite girl!

Let’s see better get in here too a little about the weight. Reading over the entry almost 2 weeks ago, it seems that we’d weighed just over 300. We’d come down from 337 post-surgery. Now we’re at 287 so there has been some progress though I’d considerate modest. I think that the body needed some time to catch up with itself, because its still about 13 pounds over a 2 week period. I’d probably thought I was crazy if I’d considered complaining about that kind of thing before. It’s just that we’ve been now on the same weight for about 1 week.

I don’t think that we have many days where we are eating more than 800-1000 calories. So we’re not sure where the change is happening in our body. We’ve been told by several people to do ourselves a favor and get rid of the scale. They say its not a matter of losing weight because we will lose weight. It’s a matter of giving yourself time and exercising more than I do.

Hmm, Rich was up for a couple of minutes. Rich having such a good buddy – the good buddy called and woke him up outta bed because he was going fishing and he was guessing that Rich was still snoozing. Yup, yup … Poor Bob – didn’t get much a conversation out of Rich … but, maybe then again that wasn’t the point. Hehehe I think they just do that kind of stuff to irritate each other. Guys are so funny.

We tucked him back to bed after a couple of minutes massage and blowing warm coos into his ear. Ehhh that be the girl thing to do. One way or another coffee is ready so we’re all good. Whoops … one more call from said friend. I wonder if Rich is going to be able to fall back to sleep? There might have been some residual anger from Bob to be thinking – I’m up … why the hell aren’t you here?

I’m not sure why Rich didn’t go fishing. He says he stayed home for me, but we hadn’t talked about plans for the weekend, so he could have easily slipped away.

Hmm, might have something to do with taking off the next two weekends though. Next weekend will be San Diego and the following I believe another fishing weekend. I think that Rich has to get done his mileage report and he’s got to right up some contracts before he goes. Just really busy guy.

I’ve been busy but with other things naturally. I continue to spend quite a bit of time with Marineparents.com. I don’t know what will happen with that after the next week though. I’ve taken on a leadership role and that’s given me plenty to do.

And, then of course you know me well enough to know that I’ve taken on extra chores. This last one was to make name tags for the group – many are planning to meet for a “Meet & Greet” activity on base. That whole thing took another step a couple of days ago. I had called on base looking for a table or two to put our things as people enter the Recreation building where we’re going to be meeting.

But, in the process we connected to someone on base who runs she said like a Marine 101 course of events for parents, wives, girlfriends, family and others.

Debra is going to take on the coordination planning for us. She said she will be a guest speaker, and she will try to get a couple of drill instructors, a recruiter, and somebody from the “single men” group on base. It was like Holy Schmolly! I couldn’t believe our good luck. But, that meant that we have to be looking at exactly how many people we’re planning on entertaining. The group has gotten to be pretty big. We’re about 65 families big. I sent out mailers to request that people let us know if they were going to be there or not, and we received about 1/3 response back. Of those 23 people we now have 76 definite would be there and another 18 maybes. Pretty good turnout. I’m not too sure of what to think of the people who didn’t respond. I called in the number last night, but I don’t know how she plans over and above that. Eh, I figure I’ve done my best so if people show up who hadn’t told us they were coming – then they are going to be on that themselves.

I just hope they don’t bump the people who had said their coming from a place to sit down.

I’ve got to stop worrying about things though, because as you know that rarely helps. The last 36 hours has been doing a lot of that arranging. We get frequent mail and there seems to be a lot to keep up with. I think groups are like big slow moving caterpillars – you have to get the whole thing cross the line relatively at the same time. We’ve taken on some extra projects that are small, but are helping to contribute like keeping the groups roster, grouping the video pictures, welcoming people and such. I think the group does too much to credit me though. I guess because most people aren’t doing these things then it starts to seem like a big deal – although it isn’t. It’s just dedicating some time. I don’t think there’s anything particularly difficult in what I’m doing. I am hoping to get in some good hugs while I’m out. Hehehe AND I do hope to see Thom on base.



All along though its been that we need to share Thom’s space with whomever he chooses and the other family. So, while looking forward to his leave … I know realistically I’m going to see him very little. Maybe I can do something about that like calling him at least once a day, but then again I don’t want to make a pest out of myself and I don’t know if I would then be getting in the way of someone else’s time. This is me being thoughtful. Hmm, I can get by with that. At least while the boy is here and we’ve not got an arm to cling to. No, No … don’t take him away!!! Ok, Ann – pull it together!

Yes dears … right away. There hasn’t been too much else going on except doing a lot just like this – as to spending time with MarineParents.com. Ok, ok … let’s not go into that again. K?

There have been a few purchases made that we haven’t recorded for posterity. I think the last time we were here, we talked about getting the printer. That’s been really cool. Another thing we got was the suitcases. Those came in this week and they are really nice. The big one looks huge and is just at the top size for the difference between having luggage that fits and needing to pay the extra $100 because your bags too big. I should have checked that more carefully, but we’re hoping to do ok. The luggage boasts being able to expand a bit and since we’re going to be charged if that happens we’re a bit nervous. But, there is nothing that can be done about it at this time. We posted a list of all the things that we want to be taking while in the room. It’s a pretty comprehensive list.

Yesterday we went to Walgreen’s and picked up a bunch of little stuff that would be necessary to fit the 3-1-1 rules of carrying on liquids, which include deodorants and toothpastes – certainly shampoo. We also picked up a couple of $10 disposable cameras. Our plan is to give these to somebody that Thom might know who doesn’t have family there. I’m hoping that someone can make good use of them. I’m also hoping to get it past x-rays. I’m not sure how that is done without overexposing the film, unless I do it as carry-on and ask that it be walked through. Maybe somebody I know will give me directions? Shoot. Be only fair SOMEbody knows what they’re doing when it comes to packing?

I think another thing that we’re going to need doing today that I’ve been putting off – is to get a new outfit or two. Previously Rich had stated that we could get something new to wear. I’m not sure what that will be yet, but given a couple hundred dollars, and we might make due with something. Hmm, reminds me better do a 10 day forecast. I think it’s good now.



Oh My!!! You couldn’t have asked for anything better. Looks like its averaging about 70 and Sunny nearly the entire time. Definitely going to be seeing this get around for any who have not yet looked. It also gives me an idea on what to pack. I did however add a sweater to the list. So … you are asking what are the plans? AHA! I think I’ve got something handy that will tell you what’s going on. It is a letter that we wrote to Thom early last week.

Old letter …

Ok, now as to schedules. Maury lectured me for making a plan for the days while we were in San Diego, but then he’s gone and penciled in your days here. I’m not saying that negatively of Maury, more as a whimper to being scolded by him again – this time for coming up with plans. Bottom line though is that Maury and I did talk through schedules and he’s making sure that you get in whatever is necessary as to pre-arrangements. I can appreciate you playing it by ear … and with either my plans or Maury’s plans or our joint planning – you’ll always be the one to have the last word of course, in what you do.

Wednesday about 8 pm Rich and I arrive in San Diego
Thursday morning/afternoon to be spent on base going through family activities and getting to be with you as much as possible – considering you have the other family.

One suggestion there would be to ask your grandma to take you shopping while the prices are cheap (on-base). We are going to try meeting with other Marine families from Marineparents.com on base at your recreation center from 3:45 to 5:45 (you have to be back in barracks by 6 pm). I’m hoping that we get some personal time with you during the Thursday family day where we don’t have to share between your Dad and the MP.com group, but go ahead and plan lunch with your Dad. Most likely we’ll bring in something I can eat and Rich will slip in line to pick up something for him, not sure on that. It’s a little more complicated with buffet style because there may or may not be choices I can adapt to - hard to tell. The two hours for MP.com is pretty set though.

Thursday night after 6 pm you’ll be back with the other Marines and Maury will be with his Dad. Rich and I will most likely spend our time with our new friends, go out to eat, and hopefully get to the beach.

Friday morning we’ll be back on base. I would hope both days to catch the flag rising. I think it’s at 7:45 am. I know the breakfasts are from 6:30 – 9 am, but they don’t include you guys – just the family. Maybe we can eat some eggs by then. We will go through the graduation ceremony of course and the newer schedule says you’ll be done by 11 am.

From 11 – maybe 3 pm or so, you and Maury will probably be with your Dad. About then he’ll have to catch his plane and we’re hoping that you’ll be dropped off over at our place. We will take your bag from the base with us so you don’t have to deal with it yet.

Rich and I’ll probably go from about 11 to 3 to the Wild Animal Park. And, meet you back at the hotel. You’ll be able to ask for a key at the desk. I’m not sure if you and Maury want a quick swim – thinking though you won’t have a suit unless we could figure that out – Maybe you could get that on the base if you are interested in swimming. Might be very freeing!

If there is time between 3 and 5 there is a 1-2 hour cruise (Hornblowers) where you can see sea lions in their natural habitat. That be nice, but if it can’t be fit in that’s ok. I don’t want to rush you from one dinner to another and I want nice relaxing things to do where we can be looking at something while talking. I am going to appreciate long dinner conversations as much as the next, but then I remember more that you are active and haven’t liked to spend a lot of time sitting at restaurants. It’ll be your choice though. We could park at aisle 10 in the grocery store if you want  

At 7 pm I would like to go to watch the San Diego Padres play the NY Mets. Again nothing is required. I know you’re not a bit fan of this kind of thing. But, I made calls and found you can get tickets for the wheel chair, Maury and Rich would enjoy the game, and I would just make sure I’m sitting next to you so I could talk while the game was happening, but at the same time we’d have a backlit form of entertainment. Plus if you got restless – you or you and Maury could walk around.

It’s a nicely charged arena.

I was thinking after the game there is a Lazer Tag that is going on from whenever to 2 am in the morning if you and Maury still want to use up some energy. I’m not sure though, because you are used to going to bed so early. But, again, it’s an option.

Maury said that might be fun, but most likely you’ll be tired.

Saturday morning I have placed in the schedule from 9 – 12 going to the San Diego Zoo. If you are up for this and would like to go than that would be great! If not, I understand. If you have anything else in San Diego you would like to do this would be the time so let me know. Again if you want a leisurely swim or brunch or beach or something on that order … we could plan that as well.

We should have a nice lunch, and then I think we’ll have to get you and Maury to the airport by about 3 pm. After that Rich and I are going to plan on going to Sea World. I saved that one til later, because it is open to 11 pm at night so will take up the rest of our evening. Sunday, of course, Rich and I are going to be on our own. What I’m hoping is that we can go to Disneyland. I think it’s a 2-3 hour trip north. We’ll check out of the hotel and maybe spend somewhere between 10 am and 7 pm there. I don’t know, but would like to eat there. Our plans then are to get us back to the airport in time for 11 pm take off (9 pm). We should be arriving Chicago time at 5 am Monday morning.

Ok, this is where we merge from our plans to Maury’s plans. After you get back from San Diego Saturday, there will be a Garvey family gathering in your honor. Sunday is another Garvey day in that its Pat and Nick’s graduation. Monday, I would like to have you come over and we should work through your paperwork issues that I referred to in a previous letter. I’ve got everything here to help you get the job done and I’m pretty good at that kind of stuff. If there was going to be another trip to THIS zoo – wasn’t sure by your letter, but MAYBE   – than this would be the day to squeeze that in – after we KNOW the bills are all taken care of and your car situation is stable again. Tuesday I’ve arranged for us to be at the center at noon-1 pm. It be nice to have dinner before we send you back, but if you had to get going that’s understandable.

Wednesday and Thursday Maury has off of work. Thursday and Friday Joe and Alex have off work. Thursday is the big day for Great America for you guys I believe.

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday being said are the days you’ll spend with the guys.

It would seem that Tuesday or the 2nd weekend evening might be good overnight days with Austin. Maury has a tent available for you to use. It’s a 6-person. I’m not sure about your general Saturday plans, but it would be nice to have one more meal with you that would include Maury and Joe and possibly Alex. This meal would be Saturday night and it would be late like 7-7:30 pm after Maury got off work. I’m not sure if you knew, but he works just a little bit from where I live. So, we’d do something in this area and you would have the rest of the day toward a currently free schedule maybe you are going to want to do something alone with your Dad and Jackie.

I think then that second Sunday is Isa’s baptism and Maury has planned a big party for that. Maury has invited me to come, but that’s an impossible situation for me.

I don’t know if there was anything planned for that Monday. It might be a day you gave some time into making sure everything was ready to go back and all your clothes were cleaned. There’ll be last moment stuff you will want to be doing … or purchasing, so the only thing I’ll say here is that if you need a driver … just ask. I’ve arranged to take the 2nd Monday and Tuesday off if necessary to make sure you get anywhere you need to go. Or, you can of course do it with your Dad and Jackie, or other friends – just I don’t know their work situation. Maury is off on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursdays.

According to the regular schedule Tuesday the 17th is the day you have to be back.

If you kept the original ticket your plane would be leaving by 8:15 in the morning and arriving at San Diego at their time 10:30. It’s about a 4 hour 15 minute trip.

You have to be on base I think by 3? I’m not sure … my understanding is the last transport to Camp Pendleton is at noon, so you should be in good shape. You’ll have your orders – so should know.

On that note … I do want to say that I have heard of guys getting RA after they’ve been on leave. I’m not sure if you read it, but on another letter I explained that I talked last week to Sergeant Jensen and he pretty much swears it’s not on him, but on command if you get RA. I hear a little desperation in your voice to get it, but we’ll just have to see how the cards fall. Sergeant Jenson says that your DI’s tell you to go to the recruiters to get the Recruits off their backs. I don’t want to disappoint you – especially, because you still might get it, but we can only hope for the best. In another letter, I’m not sure you read, I explained also that your transcripts have been mailed directly to Sergeant Jensen who will process them accordingly. They should support you somewhere down the line.

So, that’s it pretty much of the planning. Everyone tried to work together to make sure that all your needs were covered, but that you got out to see everyone. Once more … you are the driver, this is all just a map – you will make decisions as you come to them. I don’t know if this schedule is going to seem heavy or light, but my guess still light compared to what you’ve gone through. And, of course, what you do during all those times in-between, with all these situations and people is ultimately going to be the juxtaposition of you with all. Everyone is very, very excited to have you here. Maury said that there should be someone for each part of this plan to take care of your transportation needs. He says that if you take your car out it can be repossessed. I’ll leave that ‘til later to go through thoroughly.

I arranged with Maury and Maury helped Joe to pull together all your paper transactions. I told them I would sort it out, so that when you came home it would be simple to go through. I feel really strong about getting that stuff taken care of before you leave. Again – the first Monday or Tuesday would be the best while there’s still time to follow-up if necessary. Unless, of course, if you want Jackie to be doing it. I don’t mean to be an intrusion into your personal affairs, but there really is some work to do and I’d like to see you not tied down with it over your leave. Joe’s done the best he could do.

I was just rechecking your last letter – the one with the cool 3d picture of the Whiskey closet. I think the idea of hiding supplies is clever. And, I told Lauren – Porter’s girlfriend about your comment to Porter on being a non-voice communications interceptor. No matter whom I tell it gets a good laugh! I’m really happy to see that you’ve made good friends on base – specially with people of your like intelligence. I asked around the parents and nobody seems to be claiming to be an Olson, Thompson, or Ramirez. I’m betting most the parents we haven’t met are as nice as the ones we have met. Ok guess I’ve gotten to the end … Rich is out for now with work, then family – golfing, I’ve got to figure out how to plan through my day. Seems so far – it’s been perfect. Thanks!

Mom – Once again congratulations MARINE!!!

Ok, back again … we’re here in real time.

It pretty much explains things. We’ve still got to do Thom’s billing stuff. After I finish this post and after I do the morning’s correspondence, then I will take care of that. My chore will be to not putting it off too long. After we got the material and I realized it was a good 4-5 inches of paperwork, I started to get the old fashioned balking like. But I feel motivated to see the project through. I don’t want it falling on Thom’s head. I figure that I will group together what hasn’t been grouped already, then I will track down by dates the course of apparent events, and then I will make some kind of statement as to what I think needs to be done and list any corresponding addresses and phone numbers. Maybe I can also do a little tallying up of where I think things are at. Thom said one thing is for sure – and that’s that he is very strapped for money. He is going to need decide what to do – for example what to do with the car. I would think to sell it back, he could at least break even – but, I don’t think he owns too much of it yet. I’m not sure what happened in-between, but Joe was stating that the bills weren’t covered as they were supposed to be and he’s had trouble with creditors ever since. Hopefully, we can take some of that pressure off of Joe.

Hmm, it’s 6:30 am now. We just checked on sleepy bear, but he grumbled something about sleeping in and saying that people kept trying to wake him up. Awe … my poor cub. We’ll let him sleep – EVEN though we were pretty sure he said to wake him up at 6:30 am. I guess that was loftier thinking than where we are at right now.

We’ll let it go. *Giggle* He’s tucked under the covers so nicely – right about up to his nose!

Good Rich!

So, what’s next? We might want to say something about the other two boys or where Thom is at. That might be good thinking.

Maury is doing well for himself and is almost completely through training. After we get back, he will be given his own truck. I’m glad for that, in that I think he thinks that he’s ready for it. There were two groups totaling somewhere between 25-30 people – I think – and out of those people he did the best. He didn’t miss any points on either of the tests that were given to him. Maury says he was the “valedictorian” of his class. That’s some pretty cool stuff. When the boys get opportunities to do something to show where or what they can do – It almost always feels like the first time and they did the most exciting thing in the world. I guess that’s a common feeling when you’ve got kids. You just thank the Lord over and over again that they are so smart. Maury and I’ve been more in touch than not, because of the letters going back and forth with Thom and because his new job with COMCAST is just a couple of blocks from where I live – so he’s stopped by on occasion for one reason or another. Usually, it’s just 15 minutes, but the breaks are always wonderful – especially, since we’ve been home.

Hmm, just remembered to go check the mail too, but there wasn’t anything in there from Thom. *Sigh*

Joe is on hold temporarily. He’s kind of taken a bitter attitude – that might half be in my imagination. He’s very tied up and pretty serious about a lot of things.

He didn’t come over that last day a couple of weeks ago. He had called in late, but I didn’t get the call, and then when I did afterward – twice, he didn’t pick-up or return the call. I think that he’s been a little more withdrawn than before Thom had left. And, this worries me, but he’s got to want to come out of it too. I think he’s had a lot put on his shoulders with the Karate school and work. But, unless we’re talking to him directly, we don’t know what’s happening or how we might be able to help. We’ll try calling again today. Maybe he has a little spare time left of the weekend. Sure be nice to do something with him.

Thom is then Thom.

Thom was called in to take a couple extra tests while on base. He did very well.

He said that he was the only one of three (on the entire Alpha Company) approximately 400 guys that passed the test. He was in intelligence – regular intelligence, but now he’s going to be moved up to a particular place in intelligence. His MOS is 2621. I’ve heard different versions of this jobs title, but it’s something like signal intelligence interceptor operator and analysis. He is going to work with the super sneaky spy stuff – gathering information from communication devises including satellite. I don’t know how much more we’ll be able to really know about it, but we do know that the training is at Corry Station, in Pensacola, FL and the program itself is called, “Center for Information Dominance.” It is a new program adding together other programs and we know it’s only 3 years old. I think Thom is really coming into it at a wonderful level.

I’ve been in touch with a couple of parents who’ve given me some information through one of them, we were told about MOS Roadmaps, which give more information. It’s some pretty cool stuff. We found some books listed on it that were suggested reading and we got them for Thom’s graduation gift. Hmm, I hope there all in … I should probably count.

Hmm, forgot about this thread. There was one poster who was a 2651 who stated he lived and had friends with people who were 2621. He said the command at Corry Station was excellent and very tight knit. He said they do a lot of physical training and that school can be difficult. He talked about the buddy system where two people or more travel together off-base and that they can leave in civilian clothes. He says that security is very tight and that even he didn’t know what 21’s were doing except that their phone calls were monitored and that the job should be thought of as homeland security. He reiterated that everything is top secret. He also said that you can send clothes, food, Xboxes, cell phones, TVs whatever your heart desires. I wonder how much Thom is going to have to bring with him. I’m guessing that he is going to need flying and I’m thinking that his car may need to be approved IF he can keep it now. There’s doubts. I don’t think most of them on base keep a car.

Hmm, ok … I’m back again. It’s now about 9:15 am. I’ve been wondering a bit. I spent a few moments with Rich and then we got lost looking around for information about Thom’s 2621. We were picking up general information on labiality of moods to washing instructions for Cammy’s. I’m pretty sure that Thom is going to be doing his own laundry – unless he gets his step-mother to do it – in which case God Bless.

Hmm, that’s good. I took a smoochy face break and while I was in there made myself a protein drink. That’s turning out pretty good. I got a huge container – 5 pounds of Protein Whey called cookies and cream. Then you add it to about a ½ glass of milk, but in 5-6 strawberries, and put it through the Magic Bullet. It’s a little drink by drink mixer and it works great on the drink. It’s very good, and it makes me smile thinking I’m drinking something that is good for me. We stopped drinking coffee about 1 ½ cups in. That’s enough of that! On to the good stuff.

I’d like to think we’re making real progress with the day, but it seems more like a casual Saturday in. Hmm, I was just thinking of the Joe call again … and I’m wondering how Joe is doing … now thinking that he is about a week away from moving.

Now may not be a good time to call him, but then again – maybe he’s in need of a meal. We’ll have to see. Just wait for another half hour. Chances he won’t answer the phone, but at least I’ll have called at a respectable time. Maybe he’s already up and at church. Hard to tell.

Ok, so what’s next. We’re avoiding the email situation this morning and wondering what else I can be doing before it gets to be doing the bills time. I should be fine after I open a few things up … I’ll have to figure out a way to process the information. You know me and my systems. Something I’m sure will come to mind.

Hmm, ok … we’re back again. It’s about 1:30 pm. Now. Umm, sorry now its 2:18 pm.

We’re just getting back to things … but maybe not seriously. Rich is in the living room with me. He’s doing his expense report with the TV on in the background … we’re finding ourselves too easily distracted by it. We don’t want to watch it … just having a hard time tuning it out. Plus, we’ve been sick a little bit. Rich brought home some ham salad and it was only 4 ounces, but it was too much. I’ll learn. This is only the second time we got sick from eating too much. But, I think its going to be something that is going to take the rest of our life to figure out.

Just gotta focus.

After we’d cut off to look at our systems, we went through Thom’s bills. It took some time, but wasn’t too bad. I will need to make some clarifications with Joe.

We talked over it with him a little bit on the phone, but we didn’t get into it fully and we didn’t take notes, so it will be hard to figure out what he said. I don’t want to stress on it though. Not feeling that good for that - little nauseous. Maybe we’re tired in there too? Don’t want to miss Rich’s time home. I think that he’s going to go in about an hour or less. Shoot not feeling so good. Not as much physical, but more feeling sad he’s not going to be here. He’s going down to see Jon – so that’s a good thing AND he got me a movie so that is nice.

Just kinda miss the guy when he’s gone. It’s like that.

There was some excitement when he went out to do the errands. Brandi called from work while I was talking to Joe. I finished the call and then called her back. She was pretty upset. The major thing is that one of the other DSPs underhandedly took over her position as DSP over the Leadership group. Sue had told Sister that she was leaving, so she was relieved from her direct position in group 1, but then she was in each of the groups trying to figure out which one she wanted, because she came back and said to Sr. that she would say if she could do the top group, and along with that the job coaching. I understand that Sr. is asking her to sign a contract saying that if she gets the group that she will have the intent on staying for the year. Brandi says she hasn’t signed it yet, but she’s already been switched to the new group.

She’s already complaining about the goals, especially mine and she’s complaining about the lack of space. To me it seems like its going to be a lot of trouble. I don’t want her back in my corner of the world. I do fine with Brandi. We have our own relationship that works. We worked with Brandi on her being angry, at least indirectly. She said she pretended like it was ok, but it wasn’t, but that she would do whatever Sister asked her to be doing. Brandi talked about everyone a little. She said that Candice got in trouble with Sr. Theresa because she told Sr. that she wanted to go home early because she didn’t have any work to do. That supports what I heard from Rich. Rich says the last word is that Sr. is going to let her go, but then I will believe that when I see it. I do know that she wants to talk to me about what’s going on with her when I get back. I can only imagine.

Something has been said leading me to believe that I will b doing a lot more annual work. That tells me that she would give me some of Candice’s work, either because she is going to do something else with her at work, or she is going to let her go.

Brandi also said she talked to Theresa and Theresa is undercutting her buddy and said that she wants to do my work with CARF. She said she was going to do my work.

I told that to Rich and he thought is was pretty funny, because she’s so much on her way out the door. We’d talked about that after the Administration meeting. Candice has no initiative to be doing real work. She does minimal and then plays around on the music or talking on phone and IMs. Brandi says she’s been doing a lot of nothing since I’ve been gone. I think that if she was going to take over she should have been promoting herself better. She said to Brandi that all she has to do is one thing for Sister a day and otherwise she doesn’t have any work. Even Holly got into Candice bashing after sister told Holly about not having work. Holly was the one that told that to Brandi.

So, it sounds like she’s dug herself into some tunnels. She just hasn’t done her homework. She’s taken the surface of things – learned how to do as little as possible with it, and then claims she’s ready to take on more. In a sense trashing it out in her wake. I will be glad I think when sister fires her. I don’t know how I’m going to get the work done, but I know that I’ll try. I just have to work on my own motivation. I haven’t put out my best while Thom has been away. I have to come back with a plan. The first thing I would do is to go through the stacks of unanswered paper work stored on top the folders. I have to get my house in order.

Then I have to work my way through what I’m going to do. It will depend on how soon I’m going to need doing the annuals. If I inherit Candice’s load, I will get annual work starting in July, if not I will have until about September before I have to worry about it.

I am going to need doing the Annual report when I get back, and I’m going to need doing the CARF project. Sister is very sure she wants that in order. Starting July is our new survey year. I would like to give my best to sister. She’s let me slide, but nows the time to give back to her, what’s worth her trust in me. I want to do good work again. I don’t want to be a Candice.

Hmm, Rich just left … well almost left … I had to throw down his keys. He told me I had to take a shower even though I had one just last night. And he gave me $150 to do some clothes shopping. He’s saying explicitly to get a skirt, a couple of blouses and some under things. I don’t know … not really in the clothes shopping mood. I know he’s right … just that its going to be a hassle.

WooHOOO!!! Guess what?! I’ve gone and am back again. Good deal! I’M DONE!!!

I think it worked out pretty good. I got two very nice skirts a tank top type shirt for both and then an over shirt/jacket that matches the skirt. They had a credit card deal where if you took out their credit card you got the better of either $15 off or 15% off, plus one piece was buy one get the next ½ price, and the skirt was buy one and get the second free, PLUS I got my 10% Perks card. So everything including tax came to $151.47. Cept I had to put things on credit card, but she let me make a credit card payment of $150.00. I did have the buck & change … so I still gotta pay that when the card comes, but all in all … a pretty good deal, especially because the skirts and matching out tops were like $40 pieces. It made me feel good about what happened. I didn’t know about getting the free skirt until I got up to the counter, so we ended up getting the same one, but a different color. One is lavender and the other is beige. I hope that looks ok, but I’ll be figged if I have to go back. It was hard shopping. The first lady helped me when I came in in getting different colors that I was looking for. Rich said light, bright colors.

We tried on a whole lot, and I almost bought this one, but the saleslady talked me out of it. Then I heard her telling someone where I was going wrong in my choices.

We didn’t like that one too much.

Too opinionated. And, then after she couldn’t find the color she thought I should wear – BLACK – she said Oh I think I like you in this color better. She didn’t … just telling customer to make me feel better. Eh. Fortunately, I don’t do this very often. They had a lot of clothes in the store and I even tried out the Capri pants since everyone is wearing them, but I thought they looked pretty bad even though I liked the colors to start with. It’s ok, I’ll stay conservative in my solid color skirts. I think it looked fine.

I think I’m going to rest for a few moments and then get my medicine. I bought a frozen something cause I was so hot and thirsty, but I put most in the fridgerator thinking it too sugary. I’ll work on it later. We ate pretty quickly, so we’re trying to figure out if that is going to settle. We had left over pork chops, peas and mashed potatoes. Rich is the most adorable guy you’d want to see. He’s cutting my meat in tiny little shavings so I don’t overdo it. He gets me a miniature plate after measuring out 4 ounces of stuff. He’s using the postal scale … he likes it because it works like those at work – electronic with a tare button. It’s so hard sometimes to be patient when he’s “fiddling” around with something, but I know he’s doing it for my own good. You can’t imagine how much I appreciate Rich. He’s just unfathomable.



Hmm sure am tired. I’d take my medicine, but I’m not sure it would stay down. It’s going to be ok, right? Hmm, I wonder which movie Rich got me? I didn’t answer any of my mail today. I sure hope people understand that even I get tired. It’ll be ok. Right? Maybe I better go check on the board.