Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Whoops I forgot to leave this before we left and now we're back :)

Afternoon … this is me. It’s about 1:30 pm and we have an extra 1 ½ hours before Rich comes to pick us up. That is if he gets out of his meeting on time. We’re hoping so. I think he’s planning on telling his boss that his flight leaves at 4:30 pm and he’s just got to go. We’ll take my car to the hotel where we’re going to pick up a shuttle. I programmed it into my phone and I got a Mapquest map so I’m thinking we’re going to get there ok.

WooHOO!!! Rich just called he said that he’s on his way home and that it would take about ½ hour. That’s some good news stuff. I’m so excited by this point, not sure what to do with ourselves.

I think we did a pretty good job of packing. I was working from a list I wrote out a couple weeks ago and have updated since. Lucky thing too, I would have never remembered everything I put in there - All the way down to an emery board. I am hoping I did pretty good. I was a little worried about the weight, but the scale said 48.4 so I have a little space before it hits 50 pounds. I’m a little worried because the scales could be off weight. I’m pretty close. The big thing was that I put the C-Pap machine in the suitcase. I hope that it’s not going to be broken. It has its own carrying case – backpack, but it’s just another thing to carry and I didn’t want to do that.

Rich and I each packed our own suitcases. I’m not sure if we told you, but we’d gotten a new suitcase and a business case. That’s small enough to be a carry on.

I’m hoping that I can leave it on the floor in front of the extra seat … that way we have easy access to it. Rich will be bringing his computer with him. My camera is in the business case. The nice thing is that its enclosed and it has wheels and a handle. I’m not all the way sure how to get us to where we gotta go, but it’s going to take some maneuvering because well have the two large suitcases, two carry ons, my cane and my wheelchair … We’re planning on leaving the wheel chair in the luggage compartment. And, we’re supposed to get wheel chair accessory help to the plane.

I’m thinking if I could walk to the counter area then I could put a couple bags on the wheelchair seat, but if that doesn’t happen its going to be a real problem. My big suitcase has wheels, but Rich’s does not. He can’t push me if he’s got luggage. Maybe though they’ve prepared to have someone waiting, or can call. I think this is why we arrange to go early … just to make sure there aren’t any slip ups. I know one point I was wheeled, and another time they picked us up with the little electric moving thing. I know, I know quit worrying, right?

I’m not sure what to do with the eating either. We ate about 11:30, but by the time Rich gets here and we get to the airport, its going to be time to eat again. Maybe he’ll have some suggestions. Hmm, just got an ecard from Vickie … It’s pretty cool it has these sea things displaying a picture of the Eagle crest and its theme song is From Sea to Shining Sea. I sent it to Rich. Yes, what I wouldn’t do to pass the time. I’m thinking now that our trip in a plane is going to be a lot different than Thom’s … especially since we can keep our own clothes. I wish I could think of something to bring him, but the candy part will be taken care of by the group. I don’t have anything here that he might like. I did go through the last of the mail that Maury brought over. There wasn’t anything in there to cause extra trouble.

There were a few important documents to be kept in Thom’s records though like his birth certificate.

I don’t know what other important thoughts that I have. GOTTA GO!!!