Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Was a little overloaded today - short

Good morning. It’s me. Today is one of those funny mornings … we’ve been up for a little bit and EVEN snuggled with Sir Sweetie. We nabbed him in bed for a few moments after he came back from the bathroom. WOOHOO. I can almost taste him in my mind … yup yup … this is the good stuff … lips brushing against his hair – nostrils flaring … oh not so rated *sigh* I know, but it seems like all that … shhhh we can stop… I know old people and all – crimes of ok, ok stopping…

So the funny part is that our on-line service is down. I was pretty sure that my cable bill was paid – I did it just last month – a couple of months ago AND I thought it was for a couple of months. But, that’s usually if anything that will get me disconnected. So we called Comcast and the fickle-type person says that there computers are down and to call back at 5:30 am. Grrrrrrrrrr… Is that why my computers down … oh no that’s a separate issue … oh so no I got TWO problems with COMCAST??? GRRRRRRRRRRR… _(*Q#&$_(#*$

Oh sure Word Program … right … BUT, I still don’t trust this either. Don’t like this at all … I like my being able to get around.

Hmm, fell asleep there for a while. It’s now about an hour later. – 5 am. I think it’s part Chief’s problem – he’s such a fuzzy navel. But, then too we tend to fade out with strong emotions. And, well losing Internet … we were getting there. AND because its early! Ok, nothing major there.

So, beautiful Sunday morning? Maybe? I think its dark yet … let me check that out? Yup, yup … that be the case. The windows still in back of us so we find it happening without notice. *Sigh* Shoot, we can’t even check out
MarineParents.com? Oh man this is messin us up – ya know? Shhh… I know, I know…
Ok, ok … shhh I know I know … we did our best … it’s now 5:45 am and we’ve been on the phone with the cable guys for the last 45 minutes. The one guy – the nicest determined that our cable box died. I can’t believe it abandoned us like that one moment he was here and then we heard AOL sign off and then he was here no more. We had to make about 5 calls to Comcast to get through what we thought was the best service we were going to get. Sometimes you have idiots who just say sorry the service is down in your area, or the computer is down or some such _(*&#%_(* they are the biggest idiots.

One guy the nice guy was scheduling me and almost had it through and then my phone went dead because there was a bit of a conversation and a hold and I hadn’t been plugged in for awhile. The next guy was like oh he should have known our system was down – well, right? He was USING IT?!! So, I called back the same hoops and bounds way I got the other guy and ended up with another nice guy – must have been a better office. He told me the other guys stuff went through but he said that it looked like not until Monday afternoon with a chance a local person could call about today.

I get so desperate …. I don’t mean to plead with these people, but I feel really deparate … like they are talking about making me wait a whole 36 - 40 some hours of my vacation without being on-line what kind of horrible torture is that??! PLUS there is no music – no relief. If we would have real TV options there would be no cable TV?? As it is I don’t know how Rich’s Sunday morning TV program is affected.

I don’t know … not feeling good again. Maybe it would help to snuggle with Rich? I’m going to try …

Ok, it’s me again. It’s now 10 am and some serious time has passed. Basically, we had a melt-down, but got to somewhere safe first. We crawled in with Rich and slept for about an hour and a half with him. That’s pretty much a record I think. He was soooo warm and toasty. We got up in his space moving at his pace, but trying to hang back so we didn’t get caught up in his whirlwind. Man – that guy moves fast.

After we were both up and in the little take a rest room space – we massaged him up and then he started doing laundry and bills right away then zoomed over to the couch with his TV. We were still guarding against panic without the on-line feature … we went through almost every program on the computer looking for something with visual and sound to compensate our loss of Internet – even trying the old Sim City for awhile.

Then we remembered that we had the Syd Field’s Screenwriting Workshop DVD in our bag that goes back and forth to work. WOOHOO!!! Couldn’t come at a better time. So, we watched the first session of that. I think the guy is very clear and concise. It was going a little fast, but it will be easy to go back over the sections. It’s just that the terminology is new to us. I found the ideas in the first part pretty incredible in our way of brain organizations. It broke down the first parts of a screenplay by three acts and counted out such things as approximately 120 minutes and 120 pages with about 1 page of screenplay per minute … then everything is broken down by simple bit by bit. Things are supposed to happen in almost a formula driven manner. I liked that idea a lot. There are a lot of sections. He says that we should watch the whole series of lessons the first time and then go back and start working through them.

Basically, what we have in mind is another expression of going through the blog and breaking things up in story format. We’re still trying to figure out our special way of making our first jillion dollars so that we can retire in our Somserset home WITHOUT being crowded in the small subdivision in Elgin. We can do it, right?

Whoops Rich is back. He went out to do something or another and has come back with sandwiches