Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My world is circular!

Good morning. This is me. I think we’ve been up for a bit, but it’s about 10 after 4 am now. We’ve bee at the computer nappin sorta with Chief. I think it’s his plan to get us up so we can pet him in our sleep. AHA! Damn sneaky cat! We just roused him to get to the keyboard and whoops … there he goes down again … yup nuthin harder than keepin a tired putty cat up when they want to be nappin.

We were reading some of the hard new stuff … can’t help, but to be sucked into the political stuff to some degree. Our guy O’bama is turning heads out east. Go O’bama!! Pretty impressed with what they are doing too with maps and graphs and such on-line now days. I started by pressing a link to a picture of O’bama front and center on the AOL News things. He’s got their top shot for sweep the “Potomac” Contest. So we are led to a democratic primary results map. This looks real encouraging because O’bama is in orange and is starting to really cover the majority of the Midwest and a good part of the SE and into the East coast. So we click on one of the states – naturally IL is our top choice.

Here we learned that 65% of the voters voted for Obama and IL has 187 delegates. We could just as easily flip over and see the full candidates to find the exact count meant 1,301,954 people voted for O’bama and 662,845 for Hillary and also then that Barack got 100 delegates and Clinton 47 so that meant the Republicans got like 40 delegates? I’m not sure cuz I thought they all got thrown over to the winner, but maybe that’s in the end. By pushing on the candidates name it sends you to a place where you can rank the candidates who have the best shot at making it to presidident. Ok, cheap shot on our party mode.

Before we left the map area we also played with the money map put out by the federal election commission. Man-o-man those people are serious about their maps … probably one of the sweetest on the net so far … you should give it a try. It gives all the stuff you expect, but it’s visual is like different size bubbles representing the size donation the state has given in total contributions. You just have to hover to get the total or press to get closer in version. Man this is sweet. It gives you the opportunity to offer zip codes. Ours is like a whopping 1053 entries – but you are putting in just the first three numbers of the zip like ours is 605 (13).

What you get from this is a list of EVERY SINGLE person that has donated to the campaigns of whomever – what their job is – for what company, their city, date, and how much donated. It is the coolest thing … talk about jumping on the band wagon. I want MY name to be on there now too! Then of course you can cut up the pie anyway you want – rep/dem, candidates, and counties. Oh man we’re just looking at the tip of the iceberg was just at their sitemap. Here you check them out … we got to move on www.fec.gov/sitemap.shtml
Pshwoo!

Ok, neeeed to move on. Yesterday … what about yesterday? Hmm, Rich came home about 6:30 pm. We were reading about Obama. He said that he got to the game about 10 minutes late so he was replaced. Yeeks. That sure did put him in a bad mood. But we worked with him some … And, he wanted to watch a TV show that was featured some how – the original on the computer … so we watched that … well maybe some of us watched … most of us were under the blanket only peeking out a little. It is the one where the town or some area around it gets nuclear attacked … MANOMAN… we’re going to be against that idea. Like if I have spare time I wanna to see THAT kinda stuff? Why does anyone wanna make their bodies and minds more tense then they already are? I just never understood suspense and horror – or finances for that matter. YEEKS!

I think Rich watched something else because I remember him saying that he put me to bed in a half hour and we don’t remember him watching his other show at 9 pm. Maybe he watched it in his bedroom? Now if he’d of had POPCORN!!! Now that we could have smelt in our dreams!!

Yesterday we got some more work done at work. WooHOOO!!! We finished up the cleaning of our office – at least at the surface level that we were working on – which is about desk top layer thick. AND, we took care of wait … DRUM ROLL!!! Ok, after 4 months … we took care of those last couple of outstanding annual reports. I know … no big deal, right? We’re so terrible. I just don’t know what gets into us. We get in our mind that something is too hard or difficult and it doesn’t get done, but in reality getting these two reports done were like a half days’ work. THAT’S ALL! We found out that one of them was just a paragraph away on the report and one goal from being straightened out and of that one goal – we’d already outlined it in with the DSP. Man – how silly can we get??

We set it in our mind to get done with the paperwork from both annuals and then we set it up with the DSP – she had both clients – to get done the paperwork for the first client after the program hours last night and tonight for the second client. SHWEET! I even stayed last night the extra 20 minutes when I realized that I hadn’t done the extra goal data sheets on the first client. You need the goals done to get those finished, but I will have this last client’s goals done tomorrow after today’s meeting. Today, I will focus before the meeting on getting the rest of February’s Qnotes done – not behind, but caught up notes. And, then if there is time, we will make sure the Chrononotes are filed. The letters asking for doctor’s reports went out yesterday.

We tallied up our clients and showed the list to Sr. yesterday. We had two perfect clients. We had then 3 more that would be perfect if we had dental forms, but since dental is only required by the agency and not the state, they were like perfect too – so that made 5 perfect. Then there were 3 more that needed doctor – well actually 4, but one of those was going in on Thursday. As of the others … one doctor expired March 1rst, one expired February 28th, and one already expired February 2nd. So, on any of those … I’m not really going to get torn out of shape. They could come in before the expiration date and at worst I’d get a slap on the hand. That leaves two more files – we considered these the “Bad” one’s, but in reality – these were the files that we were working on yesterday and today. SO … by tomorrow they will be filled in and by Friday or Monday … we will hopefully get everything signed and even THOSE will be good files meaning REALLY my whole caseload is good. Easier done with 10 cases rather than 20-22, but nonetheless done is done.

Sister is so happy that we’re getting them in before the surveyor that she’s not upset about signing old forms that ought to have been signed. And, Rich was in there yesterday when we got almost the last of the papers signed. Oh man is there so much stress coming off the back of my mind … it’s unbelievable. I don’t care if it takes them another month to be in … anything just to have this stuff done! I think then that I will try to make it out to each of the DSPs and check out how they are doing with their goals. Some of them I had to stretch for and I didn’t like doing that. We’ll have to see … I don’t know how fast the operation is going to come up on me now. I don’t want to plan too much work … just don’t want to get behind on the Qnotes. I’d be so happy to get them all done in just one day TODAY!!!

As to other things. Hmm. Thursday. I don’t know, but we might have to do staff training today too? Damn forgot about that? Which Thursday are we? Wait is today Tuesday or Wednesday? How would I know? AHA!!! Only Wednesday … we checked the AOL newspaper. That’s all good for me! Little more time… You know when your office is all cleaned up … it’s like you want to be there a little more anyway. Sr. made notice to Rich yesterday that I’ve seemed to gotten over whatever her word was for the “funk.” She said earlier to me that she was going to have me move in – because I’d been up to the front so often yesterday. We told her it was a part of our new exercise program. Maybe she was referring to the weeks that would go by where we would say hello to her and not crawl out from the back until after everyone had left. Brrrr. Somewhat of a cave experience.

Said something about coming to get me next time if I don’t show up for a while, because sometimes it means that I’m lost. We’re going to be ok for a bit though now, right? Just gotta keep our head above and make it not too complicated? But, shoot … yesterday? We even cleaned up our notecards AND we put things away by priority colored dots … that was hard, but felt very, very good. I think we’re showing progress!!!