Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, February 14, 2008

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!



Good morning … Just me and Chief signing in … HAPPY Valentine’s DAY!!!

Just wanted to say that!!! Oh no, it’s ok I really had to … you are such a nice listening audience. Thank you I appreciate what you do for me day in and day out. I hope you are having smooch times with your lovers too and the romance dance continues in your hearts for many years to come!

Chief says ditto and I’m pretty sure if Missy were awake she’d say tritto!
*Sigh*

Ok, ok … back to the business. In splashtastic news – Rich and us had some good play time last night. He sure does shiver my timbers. Man-o-man. I know I say this all the time, but he’s definitely the lover for us. No words necessary – just imagine the most sensual scene, shake and stir and plop in some well deserved smooches – and you got the whole story. Wow! It’s like that!

There’s some word that he might be back again tonight?? I don’t know … he didn’t mention the official plans, but someone was saying something like chocolate covered caramels spaced apart by marshmallows would do the trick – mind you not a lot, but just the right amount. Pswhoo. We’re so easy to please. 

As to the rest of the day … we were on the mark most of it. We fell into a space where we were going through some Thom stuff … can’t help, but to have him on our mind. We learned too that we have to make sure to send him care packages, which seems to be no cost involved, but we have to order it through somewhere …we’ll find out where later. It’s accessible. I think they are recommending 6-8 weeks. And, it’s to be done after boot camp. We got into the message boards and found one that had just been put up for MCRD for Thom’s graduating class. There were four comments made in there by volunteers, so we made our first comment … Its very similar to the posts made at the master’s program. We designed a new screen name so people wouldn’t attach it to here. We want to make sure our spy son stays secret. I was happy when the small not got approved! Woohoo!!

Next, we really did get some work done … we completed all the paperwork and typing necessary to get the February Qnotes done IN FEBRUARY!!! Well, all except one … Maria wasn’t done with one of her clients/my clients so she said she would do it right away this morning if that was ok. I don’t like that it took her so long or that I’d have to come looking for it – especially because it’s a note from January, but no reason to go overboard on it. Just that Maria will only put in a few sentences 

If Maria had turned in the paper – I felt as if I could have gotten all the Qnotes done in one day. As a seasoned Q – there is no reason not to get everything done in one working day with a caseload of 10. I felt really really good about it though. Not to say there isn’t room for work. I would like to get back out into “the field” to check on where some of these goals are because I don’t think many of them are being taken seriously.

I asked Sr. and she gave me permission to take over the goals of one of our clients from Theresa. Theresa reminded me we had talked, but I’d forgotten that part – I hadn’t found the paper we’d wrote when we were cleaning up the office. But, basically we were frustrated with her going 4 months without writing a goal data sheet – showed low sticktoitness. If it had been Cathy or Sue … they wouldn’t have let that go – and I appreciate that in them. So – we start that this morning. It should be good for both the client and me. I’m real happy with how its working out with one of my other clients. She comes in two days a week for a computer goal … I’m not happy that her DSP is messing with the music we print out, but that’s another issue. I’m happy she is progressing with the work and I’m getting this very cool image of how she thinks and especially that she IS thinking! I thought she could but the several staff that has had her was convinced otherwise.

But, other than that … It’s time to go already AND want to be spreadin some Happy Valentine’s Day around!! WooHOOO!!