Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ok, going to be one of those days

Good morning … It’s a sheepish me with just so much time to write. It’s about 7:45 am on a Wednesday morning. We’re still at home because we’ve got a nutritionalist appointment this morning. We have to leave in about 1 ½ hours. We sent a reminder to Sr. and she wrote back reminding us to stay warm … Chicago is in the news for its weather over the last 24 hours. It was supposed to have dropped over 50 degrees. It was and is still zero degrees. The Winds are West at 20 to 30 mph so wind chills are approaching negative 25. Barometer is rising at 29.96 and the relative humidity is 57% - wow! BUT – we can still see 10 miles out Woo HOO!! It’s going to warm up to about 11-14 degrees today and tonight – Good stuff. Sure hope the car starts.

Rich is going with me to the appointment at UIC today. That’s good news. He went to the accountants last night and he didn’t so much like that. He didn’t like the lady because she was a little over zealous and arrogantly goofy. Well, Ok … we saw that too, but pretty much we figured she was adequate. Just Rich didn’t like her openly challenging him to find a better than 3.9% IRA account that could be started at $300. Those things are beyond me, but didn’t make sweetie happy that’s about all there. I agreed that we’d talk it over with him in private and then come back later with a decision. We let both of them know that Rich wouldn’t have to come back the next time … Rich said later that he hoped that behavior of “mine” wouldn’t occur again at the next appointment. I think in general what he’s referring to though it hasn’t been spoken by name is that we have tendencies to be in agreement with whomever is out – though we may or may not hold to that space afterward.

For the record I did very much like the idea of having saved SOME kind of money and the idea of an IRA account starting at minimum $300 with the potential of putting more in sounded good, though I didn’t like the idea that I couldn’t take it out until I was 70 years old. That part I have to check on … Rich states there are better options where my money isn’t tied so heavily to penalties. It seems there are two kinds of IRA’s the kind that they take the taxes out now or the kind that will tax you later. It almost seems it better to be taxed now, because we are guessing that more taxes will be taken out of money 22 years from now when we reach 70. I think there is more flexibility too if we are taxed now. We’d like to talk it over with a banker. I kinda like the idea of putting it into CD’s they seemed safe before and really fluid as to adding whichever kind of money you could each month. The big deal of course is trying to save SOMEthing toward the future.

As you can tell we made an appointment and went in to get our taxes cared for … we still have to go back February 15th, because some clause on something won’t be ready or fixed until then – something to do with school loans. Better for the outcome of something. I think that tax money will then be available about March 1rst or there about. The gist of all that turned out pretty good I think. It is basically the package that I was hoping for to pay off the immediate $1800 that I owe out … Between Fed and State I should get about $2080, which should be enough for H & R block cost, Gov. loan $900, school $600, $340 dentil and oral surgeon, leaving us with $160 to spend on maybe something fun with Sweetie or the boys, PLUS $600 when the Gov. extra $600 passes through the senate floor. Still haven’t then figured out what to do with that money. Government wants us to spend it, but if I do … I will want something special with it. Hmm, what isn’t being covered? I might try something honorable and give it to Sweetie … as a payback or toward an investment in something toward the future I might need – like if something were to come up toward the car.

AHA! Hmm, first a newsbreak … we knew earlier – yesterday that McCain was getting Guiliani’s votes and Guiliani was bowing out of the presidential race, but now it seems that John Edwards is also quitting the presidential race … I’m betting he goes O’bama over Hillary, but he might go something goofy like McCain too … I think he really dislikes Hillary – we’ll soon see. Yup Chicago trib just announce the same … first had come in through CNN. Hmm, Trib says it’s now a two person race and that its difficult to know at this time where his people are going to go – he’s going to announce today at noon – so maybe we’ll find out then who he will probably support.

Hope for O’bama – he’s the underdog now, but OUR guy!!!

Ok, now back to the $600 … we’ve now got a mission for it. Rich had it figured all along. He said that we’re all good with money we owe him that he’s paid up to Feb 1 and that’s just a couple days away so actually just $200 behind … so we can live with that. BUT, he said that I might wanna figure that be the money I need to spend to get to CALIFORNIA!!!!! To see Thom graduate WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Then he said I might need $1200 to get him there with me … It was then like OH MY LORD! HEHEHE, but it sounded more like … HEY you gotta pay your own way!