Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Ok, we're pretty much muddling in this one...

Good morning. It’s about 5:30 am now and we’ve made the choice not to go to the gym this morning. We’d awoken earlier, but spent most the time drifting in and out of sleep. In the background we were watching the election results through ABC video on line along with reading various news clippings … I know at this point that the democrats have taken over leadership in the house of representatives and the senator race is too close to call. Majority is like 51% and I think at this moment Dems are at 47 and Reps are at 48. Not sure which way that is going to go. We have the same Govenor – Blagovich for another four years. I don’t think anyone trusted Topinka. She always looks crabby and out of control to me. Don’t like Blagovich response to people with disabilities, but he’s got a better chance of not making a complete fool out of the state of Illinois. The only other political people we watch are Senator Obama, Mayor Daley, and getting rid of Bush. I’d go so far as to say we’re going to figure out voter registration to cast our vote in 08. I’m going for a difference next time … we’ll vote for either Clinton or Obama if either is elected, but our preference is Obama. We like him a lot.

Hmm, listening to some more broadcasts … having a hard time shaking off this fuzzy feeling. I don’t think there’s much else going on. You heard from us at work yesterday. Today we have a staffing … only 3 more left Wooo HOOO!!! I was happy to pull ourselves together to get work done yesterday, but it was hard. Hopefully we’ll have better luck with it today. Not sure why we were so tired this morning … I think we had a good night’s sleep. Might have been to do with bad eating. We had our regular dinner, then made ourselves a salad with lettuce, tomato, and scallion, but then we discovered we hadn’t eaten leftovers from the chicken, green beans, and mac/cheese, so we did that too. We exhausted ourselves. Too much, too much.

We turned on a video on the Chicago Tribune page and now seem to be getting a full video. Hmm, have to think through that. I think we’re going to cut out here though to get our shower in. BRB Well, at least after reading the last entry. Better get going. Need to plan enough time for picking up some medicine for tooth pain. Ok, lack of tooth pain. Hmpf!

Ok, ok bought myself one more half hour … still playing with video’s … frustrated with only getting audio on a video.

Ack! Gave up … we’ve decided to go back to John Denver to calm us. Lost more time. Hmpf. Calm down, calm down. I need to be nice to ourselves. Remember, we’re the only one’s we got! We need to next get to work. Maybe set up camp there early. And, then get to what gots to be done. How do I make that transition? Better try thinking more clearly here. We need to get out of the house first. So, anything to pick up here in the living room? No, maybe just turn down the music, then turn off some lights. I think I’d like to bring a little coffee today. Fruit is out in the car. Don’t need any water. Anything else from the fridge? No, I don’t think so. No need for clothes or towels. Probably just coffee, bag, and keys. Ok, that doesn’t seem so hard … why don’t we try that … remember medicine, k? Ok, I know, I know … getting going sheesh!