Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, April 30, 2006

One Long Day Happened, Sortin out Reality



Good morning,

I tried to catch a better picture, but there is no way around it, I am blowing up like a balloon. I don’t know maybe the best thing to do is get a little real. Like stepping on the scale? Just as I thought … pretty bad. 274.2. I think I’ve gained about 10 pounds from my lowest marks. Those numbers were fleeting, but the difference is pretty scary. I know I’ve been eating out a lot and the box of cookies on my desk is reflective of our general mood. Ok, enough of that … I’ve got to take it one step at a time.

The purpose of this post should be toward anything necessary to get me back on track with anything. Most importantly school at this point. I haven’t been able to concentrate on it much this week. That’s a bad sign. I am going to make it a good thing … school. It’s all part of a self-destructive trend we’re on. Early this morning we woke up from a dream where we were at a fancy bakery and was saying, one more thing, although the lady had just told us our total was $44. I had been choosing the most decadent items. That can’t be good.

Maybe we’re going to need using that tread mill. It’s been a month or longer I think since we’ve been on. And, we’ve totally blanked out our relationship with the good folks at the fitness blog. Just too much guilt to deal with … not from them, but from ourselves. They are very supportive. I don’t know … kind of a mess right now. Kitties too. We’re out of wet kitty food. They are patrolling my chair and every time I get up they run in front of me to their food dish. I think our friend might come over tonight, but good chance that he won’t have time to stop at the grocery store. He’s got a bunch of stuff lined up in front of him today. He started a game 10 minutes ago. I know he keeps himself pretty busy.

Maybe I could get some at the drug store today. I need to go out for smokes and gas later on. So much I should do … like go to the laundry too. I’m wondering if it wouldn’t be a good idea to try out that service over by the grocery store … I think I saw one the other day. Have to check it out. It’s further away, but maybe more dependable than this one down the block. They have terrible hours that keep switching and the staff isn’t always there at the times they are supposed to be. Nothing more frustrating than finally getting it all together to find that the place isn’t even open when they said they were. ARGH! Terrible!

Shoot uncle, uncle … enough reality!!!

We just took our medicine … need for that to take affect. Might have to do something on our own though as far as the crabbiness. Think it’s somewhere between being behind, being overweight and out of control, and Dr. M. thoughts.

Ok, lets address all that. First, as far as being behind. We are going to need at least to go to school. That usually starts us off in the right direction. But, we know the bottom line. We missed the Wednesday paper due date, so have that paper and the one due tonight to get done. We also have a couple of lab experiments to do and a journal, plus we have to write about 8 comments to our peers. Chances are because we are going to need reviewing two chapters on memory; we’re going to need both today and tomorrow to catch that up. Interfering in those thoughts is that we were supposed to be on like our third deadline for CARF work to be given to Sister before we left work last night; we are feeling torn as to our priorities. I think we’re going to need facing that that work priority is going to have to wait, because if we don’t do school work, we’ll never be able to catch-up. And theoretically we’re in pretty good shape there and don’t want to see it all go down the drain.

We’ve explained our position on being overweight. We still haven’t addressed what is making us so angry, though we know most are angry thoughts are being tied-up with Dr. M. It is a very frustrating situation. It’s been quite a while since we’ve been able to talk about grown-up things. We did do one grown-up thing this week in that we did everything that was necessary to secure financial aid next year. That means we did the FAFSA stuff and SAR, plus any of the smaller stuff to give school permission to do whatever it is they do. I think we’ll get notice of something back in a couple of weeks, but we might not know the amount of student loans until about 3 weeks before the July term starts. When I’m at school, I should check to make sure all the T’s crossed and I’s dotted.

The next push will be to have Jacob get a copy of his father’s income tax and help him through it. ESPECIALLY, if he’s thinking of taking a class over the summer. I don’t think I wrote about our visit to him proper over Easter, but he said he’s going to get a school job over the summer and they will pay for his room and board, plus give him some kind of income. I was kind of glad to see that happening. I think every student realizes at some point, that going “home” isn’t what it used to be. Now that Tanner is living in the city with his girl, it would be very unlikely that Jacob would have a place to stay with his brother. And, it would be very difficult for him to get a job in the city, or be able to even park his SUV. And, my understanding is that the father is moving again further away from things, in that he’s found some place he and his wife like nearer to her job, wherever and whatever that might be.

Of course, there is my place too, but I don’t offer a whole lot of amenities. I think it is a well thought out idea for him to be able to maintain his own place. BUT, we certainly should help him watch over the financial part. I can’t give him the money that his father or grandmother could, but maybe I can still help out with little things and certainly with getting the loan secured.

Ok, ok … feeling a little better … I wrote Jacob an email, and then just in case he doesn’t want to read it, I went through what I had to say to him on a phone message. I will only give him 24 hours though … as soon as I see him sign on line tomorrow I will give him another call. I am serious about this! It was a terrible feeling talking to him before Easter about how upsetting it was to be without the money he needed for school AND I’ve been there before … I don’t want him wallowing in that sense of hopelessness. I know he’s feeling pressured by end of the year stuff, but believe me, this will take pressure off all that other stuff. We can do this! Says one protective Mom to the next.

Ok, good



That gets me back to fighting for all that’s right. I need to be on target with real life stuff.

Pshwoo that was tough … just took a V-hit … He was on the way out and I think he wanted to make sure we were going in the right direction. He can be pretty straight forward tough on a person! Something, something …. School, school, school.

Well, here’s our thought. We are going to get school done, BUT we are going to do things right toward a full-balanced weekend … Need to forward progress our Dr. M situation, then we’re going to walk, and then we’re going to take a shower, come back progress, and then go forward. It might not make a lot of sense now, but we need some of these positives in back of us later when things feel like we haven’t gotten much done. And, that will put us in good condition for getting out when we need to. Little worried about sweetie pie. We talked to him a few moments on the phone. He won’t tell us how late it is going to be, but he’s saying now go to sleep, I will wake you up. Our thinking is that HE should go to sleep and we’ll catch up later. I don’t like it when he gets dragged out tired. AND, when he does he comes in and just wants to be babied and as much as we LOVE to baby … Worrying over his safety takes precedence. Seems part of our taking care of him should just be saying GO TO BED!

AHA! I made that call too. It sure is fun having a phone now days. I called him and firmly canceled the night. Worst thing you could do to a love one is be out driving late when your tired! Told him I was fine, but he HAD to GO TO BED! HMPF!

Ok, now there was one more phone call maybe … we had thought we had one more medicine we were behind in … going to give that a shot. Hold on. Oh man … two prescriptions and it cost $80. That’s terrible! Ok ok … nothing to be done about that now. One day though might want to talk to dr. to see if there is something generic that can be taken. I think one of these is for diabetes and the other stomach upsets. Seems since there are not psychotropics, they shouldn’t matter as much. It’s the Pscho pills I want to maintain as close to the same as possible. Though I find it very discouraging to be suicidal given the fact I think we’re on like two or three anti-depressants. HMPF, HMPF! The next thing to worry about is getting the one I picked up last night back onto the three month order plan. I will have to wait 2 weeks for that though. Least that one was only $20.

Ok, we’re doing good stuff. Shoot called directory assistance and looked in phone book. Neither have a listing for laundry where I thought it was on Plainfield. Maybe because it is on a service road in back of the main street in a strip mall. No other way to do it, but drive past. I’d pay whatever to find one that picked-up and dropped-off. I really hate this part of being in an apartment. NO machine in apartment. Well, there is one downstairs, but I am not going up and down those stairs six times to wash clothes just to have wrinkles or pressures to wash when others weren’t using the machine. ARGH!!!

What else are we avoiding. Hmm, maybe I better look at the last bag of mail … How are we going to go away if we don’t know where the money is??? Shh, don’t say anything just going to try doing it. Ok, ok … that’s done … I haven’t done it for a long time. But, I did it. I went through a big bag of mail. I didn’t open most stuff, but I need to do something for my license and something else, I forgot. Ok, ok … were all good here. I paid the amount I owed on a bank account I closed. Pshwoo. That wasn’t too bad. How am I feeling? A little shaken. This is the first time in 3-4 years I think I went to the mail and looked at it AND took care of the little pressing things.

I checked my account balance it looks good, though obviously the check from yesterday didn’t clear yet. As soon as it does, I’ll make the normal payments to my accounts. Realistically, I pay for Social security overpayment, car insurance, cable, Aol is automatic, electric, rent, doctors, and should pay a hospital bill, and what else? Health insurance comes out of my check before seeing it. Hmm, I guess that’s it. Paid off my credit debt with Dell this week. We still have other things we pay for pharmacy, eating out, parking at the University, gas, smokes, laundry, groceries, web site, and incidentals (one time charges). I guess there are a lot of other people who could claim more problems. I’ve got to get situated. I want to be on-track again. Hmm, I remembered stamps at the grocery store too … that was good thinking. We have in mind trying to get out some hard mail to my Grandma. AND??? While I was in the kitchen, we found some fortune cookies! YAYYYY! I want to save the next one for V though. J He’s in line for good luck! WOW !!! He just signed on! Hoo WOOO

Ok, he just signed off was only here for a few minutes … the fortune said he had an unusual magnetic personality WOOOHOOO!

Ok, now its noon the day is getting along without us. Next, next … maybe stop smoking enough to do the walk. Anything while we’re waiting … well, I guess I could say we’re pretty intense here for the moment



I like never do bills … the walking and shower should help us calm down again. It’s a little scary in here. Let’s see we’ll pay $600 for regular 4 bills

Oh man oh man … I swear I am not going to do this again… Damn, but I have to. I went back into the kitchen and opened actual bills … I wanted to see how closely I came to having things paid up. So, then it was like ok … 870 rent gone out, 50 to Dr. M., gone out (auto payments), then cable 210, electric 225, car insurance 256.55, odd doctor 47, bank 65, SS payment 100, 200 groceries ok, ok all that is bad enough, but what I thought … was that I would make a payment finally on the medical center bills. There were odd ones, but I noticed they were all under the same account. The medical center now has a bill payment on line where you can look at your account. It said I owed $436.71. I was getting scared that the same thing would happen as did for Dr. M., and if I didn’t pay something I’d loose the Universities services. SOOOO, I thought I will make a $50 payment there too. Entered my bank card number … and the _(Q*#%&_*(#& thing, didn’t ask, but took from my card the whole _)&(_@#*$&_ amount, which would tip ANY SCALE OF JUSTICE!!! I didn’t have that much in the account to pay for all that! Really screws up my system. The other bills were already inflated because I had to make double payments. There was one tiny kickback in that the car insurance place didn’t allow for a partial payment last time, so it sent back the check for $200 I’d sent last time. BUT, that isn’t substantial enough. I am going to need depositing my extra check I had saved for the June trip. SHOOT, SHOOT … that makes me mad. I think … there will be enough money to leave a couple hundred in the account AND take out a sum maybe a cashiers check for $700 … I think I’m going to need go over the numbers one more time. That would at least salvage SOME money for the trip. Hotel will cost about $400 and car will cost $300. BUT, I won’t have any money saved for anything else L like gas, food, etc. D()*&_ D_)^&*.

Ok, ok … breatttttttthe! Let’s figure out damage control. Probably the most beneficial is that a whopper of a medical bill WILL be paid. This, however, doesn’t account for the money that they’ve already sent to collection. BUT, none of those people sent mail in this bag of mail the neighbor brough up and the bag represents about a month plus of bills. I believe as far as active medical center bills $436 pays them all and in consideration … before insurance company paid … it was like a $5,000 bill. THAT would have been extreme. I complain about paying $350 off the top of my check for health insurance, but I certainly could not do without. $350 represents 14.25 months payments to cover that one portion of the bill. Probably, well worth it. Shoot, that place is making a mint off me!

Tough break is that I just finished making $300 payment for medicine. Ok, ok … the good part is that it is over … and done with … and I don’t owe medical center, pharmacy, or Dell nothing. I don’t owe Comcast, comed, state farm, physician, bank, social security, or my rent management company anything. Still have to write out a $200 check for food, but that’s about it. AND, hopefully will still have $700 left for hotel and car rental. PLUS, I have $200 spending money (gas, smokes, etc) until next pay day, and I have $25 cash for clean clothes. We can do this, right??? This is the good stuff??? Paying off bills, I mean?? I’m being responsible, right?? D)(*^&_*(^.

BREATH LADY~!!!! Just worked the numbers again … I think I can do all that and still have $250 in the bank to get me through to the middle of May. That’s when I get another $350 after paying the rent bill again. Then there will be more bills again June. Let’s see … were pretty neurotic here about now. Food, cable, electric, car insurance, Dr. M, computer, social security, spending (smokes, gas, parking, etc) = $1000. Wow … That leaves me with $225. Can I travel 6 hours for $40 gas? How is that going now?? Let’s think $125 gas … leaves me with $100 food allowance while gone. BUT, I know they are going to hit me with an additional insurance on the car L Don’t think I can by extra car insurance AND food. 5 days out on food … that’s only $20 a day. Pshwoo. Not good. Sure wish that the med center hadn’t messed me up! I hate being this tight. I asked for my fair share of the trip though … and at this point … no way around it’s a $1,000 deal. Let’s make this feel better and say I’m going on vacation!

Actually one good thing is when I budged above the $1000, I had written into the smokes gas parking $300. That’s about $150 for smokes (over budget), and after parking once at Dr. M’s about $140 left toward gas money for the month. That could be like at least another $50 forwarded to the vacation money. To the extra money … that would put food and whatever at $150 or $30 a day … that’s a little better. Actually, there’s a continental breakfast each day and $30 would feel ok, BUT I’m on vacation … and might be do for a couple of stiff drinks! Think we’ll make it because the two days traveling we’ll eat somewhere cheap and won’t be drinking. Hehehehe Ok, one more consideration. It seems that that $350 we get after paying the rent bill … we could save maybe $50-100 toward the trip?? That mean no “fun stuff” and certainly our air conditioning in the car isn’t going to be fixed, nor is the sound card in our speakers. Hmm, better ask V to ask his son if that’s what needs to happen. We better leave that money alone and hope for the best. What this especially means is … NO MORE EATING OUT until the trip! *Sigh* I think though that we’re going to try to get back out to Jacobs once more for his school stuff … We better reserve $50 for that, BUT we have NO SPARE MONEY to GIVE HIM … REMEMBER!

Unless … I think the next semester’s book money will come in ………..NO … that’s for books! Ok, ok already. We’re going to do this … It’s just going to be tight! This is going to be done … with a clear conscious! We’re going to do this!



AND, everything we’ve done … had to be done!

BREAK!!! It’s about 2:30 now and we have to think forward to the next. School isn’t getting done, we haven’t walked, and no shower, so no going to the bank, the gas station, and to get kittie food! Hope they’ll be covered with the extra $5.00 left in petty cash. SHEESH!

Couple of more things. If we moved our weight down 12 pounds in the next 30 days. Let’s say to 262 … MAYBE our friend would consider helping us get a few more clothing items. I’ve wrecked one of my tops with blue ink from my pen, and I wrecked my jean skirt. The other skirt is still good, but I cannot be hoisting it back down to place as it pulls up over my tummy and tucks itself under my chest. I know I felt a whole lot better at 269 … 5 pounds more would feel pretty safe for the trip. Maybe what I could do next time I saw our friend would be to barter a clothing deal. If we reached 262, maybe I could get an extra outfit or two. A couple of days traveling clothes we have, and perhaps one more outfit would be suitable, but if we just replaced the jean skirt, and found one more outfit, we’d be ok for the trip. I think he’ll feel better, because by then he would have received about $400 past/future groceries moneys, so we’re not pushing him too much, PLUS since we’ll be focusing on diet, he won’t have to worry about taking us out for the month, OR that week we’re gone!

The other deal is computer. I think the whole deal is off, unless we get to take the laptop with us from work. I’m not sure how much school is going to be done, but I know that I could not survive 5 days without a computer! So, we figure whether Sister likes it or not, we’re taking the one from work with us. We’ve got a case that will work just fine. She has to be a little less neurotic, because I’m pretty sure, we’d go crazy without! H’mm … we’re going to need worrying about suitcase too. I think we actually have a big one the problem is that it’s not on wheels. Shoot, I guess there is nothing that can be done about that. If I can’t hoist it, that would mean bellboy service and that ISN’T in the budget. Hmm, I wonder if Macadam and Lee have a good suitcase? HEY YOU ALL INSIDE … remember a trip out into the community to eat is going to be a lot less then hotel food and drinks and you heard it … NO ROOM SERVICE!!!

D(*&() D*_(*&.

No reason we can’t afford on our budget though to get a little bit to drink?? I know I know it’s a business meeting. BUT, business people drink, I KNOW THAT!!! Oh, and you know what else? Someone STILL doesn’t have a driver’s license. Hard to rent a car without one. We did get a service that will pick us up and drop us off though … it turns out the place is only 2-3 miles away. That’s a beauty. Cuz, we’ll have to pick up the car on Saturday, and return the following. Maybe we should plan on getting something while we’re out in Ohio. Do Ohioans drink? Maybe a big vodka, Bloody Mary mix and orange juice WOOHOOO! V., you still here?? Sure, you wouldn’t want to still come out and split a room? We’d pay for the room, you mix the drinks. I know, I know … No, No, NO. BUT, I had to ask. It make an awfully interesting conversation to talk to sweetie pie about if you were to share the space hehehhehe!

Shoot, that was all pretty much a lot of thinking. I hope you were able to skim through the details. We’re a little obsessive about this kind of stuff. Needed to make sure, we were going to be ok. Sorry, about that. Ok, next. Eating before walking … or walking before eating? Or, we could skip eating altogether, since somebody’s still working off that buy 1 get 1 free cookie deal they place between the bank and the door. Shoot, that was pretty unnecessary! Ok, skip lunch … it’s almost 3 anyway. Walk, take shower, dry, and go do outside stuff. The rest will have to fall in place as it may. AND, we didn’t get to our Dr. M. thoughts. HMPF! Maybe that will be saved for that little time the hair is drying. Come on girls. You can do this. WALK!

We’re going forward in life … that SHOULD be our #1 Dr. M. thought!



*Sigh* Ok, here’s the new deal. We’ve made progress. Not as much as we would like, BUT we did get 9 minutes on the treadmill. Our back started hurting pretty bad though by 6 minutes, so we’ve lost some real ground here. We’re going to have to fight for it back, because that was the deal with the trip, that we were going to be able to walk 15 minutes at least to get ourselves around. And, then we took a shower. As we stepped out the phone started to ring. We called sweetie pie back when we stopped dripping. While we were already set for him to not be here, he had the bad news that he had picked up the flu. That meant not only were we really not going to see him, we have to worry over him not feeling good L My poor baby … he said he had just come back from a game where it had drizzled on him for 3 hours. Why does this happen?? He had to cancel his trip to his mothers and to see his son wrestle, and he was SUPPOSED to cancel me anyway … TOO much! He still has a half hour between here and his bed and he needs to pick up some warm pop. Shoot … this wasn’t the way it was supposed to work!
Whimper … V just checked out for the night. This is a rough spot for us … we’d just thought we were turning the corner too! Ok, ok … no reason to regress. We still have plans on the day … AND NO SYMPATHY EATING OUT! I know YOU!

Ok, where are we … It’s now 4 pm. No school work has been done, but we’ve made amazing breakthrough work with the bills and a little walking. Let’s for the record try another 9-10 minutes at about 7 pm. Just one little goal. Still have to wait for hair to dry. Hmm, go figure its raining out there. That might be self-defeating. Ok, let’s say no later than 5 pm … we go out. IF NOT SOONER!!! What do we have to do. 1) bank, laundry, pick up smokes, fill gas, go to drugstore to pick up wet cat food. Hmm, banks at the grocery store. Don’t think that’s going to happen – getting cat food there. You never know how long you’re going to stand, PLUS finding cat food aisle, AND standing in line for check-out … No way … 9 minutes standing is a stretch at this point. We could try to save a trip by seeing if the gas station has some wet cat food. I’m not real hopeful there, but we can hope. Drug store is a lot smaller and faster, but still an extra pressure with all the other walking. L I know the gas station has dried, but we already have that. Cats are like soooo mad at me. What else do I have to do … hmm, shoes, socks, pick up clothes and bag them, remember credit card and checks. Anything else?

Ok, that’s next brb … see if we can do clothes before needing a break. ARGH!

Pshwoo. Level hard – high! Two heavy white bags. Packed quite a few towels too. Set them by the back door. What else will I need to carry. Good, good stuff in our pocket except smokes … shoes on. Now breath. Take it easy. Gone to the washroom. Shoot do people go out EVERY weekend? Lordy. It’s a struggle. Remember four stops … bank, laundry, gas station, drug store. I gotta memorize this because we get confused out there sometimes. We’re driving to OHIO??? Who the hell planned that? Ok, ok … we can do this … be simple after we start, right? Got up and found one cat on the recliner and the other cat on the couch. They are both staring at me hard. Usually, they’ve ducked out back, but they are leaving a firm impression on my mind that they are not satisfied with the services! SHEEESH! I’m getting there! Need to rest the back again :(



This is how wired we are by now. You can’t tell, but we’re rocking. Hmm, case in point. It is now 4:30 pm. Usually take medicine about 5 pm. Most likely we’ll still be out then. Shouldn’t someone take the medicine now?? Hmm, good point. Maybe that would help. Hold on. Good. We look like a wild woman … Maybe we should tie back that hair?? Man … this is complicated!



There do we look like a real person now?? Ok, maybe one with a little attitude. But, we’re feeling pretty bothered by all this … It be at this point EASIER to go to school! Don’t you guys think it’s a little odd that I spend the whole day here talking to you? Hmm, should call my Grandmother today too. Ok, definitely after dinner. Just a frozen. Not really hungry yet. But, I haven’t had to walk past the darn Entenmanns’s! Ok, let’s just say this for instance …If you met this face, would she scare the hell out of you? Pshwoo. Ok, let’s practice not looking so scary. Rocking head back and forth trying not to look scary. I know that in itself even SOUNDS crazy! Someone left the music on from walking. Oldie station … I know, I know, I know, I know … ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone…



There, we’ll wear that face out … that one shouldn’t scare anyone! Does anyone else go out there thinking, “I wonder if they can see me under the skin?” Can they tell my jaw is clenched shut, hoping to all get out no one stops and talks to me?? Can they see craziness behind the glasses. Remember smile … just a little … look nice like you would help the other out. Be ready to nod an easy hello. Ok, we’re waiting for a few more minutes just to let the medicine work. We can do this. Remember, bank, laundry, grocery store, drug store, and HOME!!! Dinner, remember? Treat! Oh Lordy, this is hard. I understand some people LIKE going out of their homes on the weekends. But, really? Do you ever hear me talking about going out there? No, not me! Umm, girls? Need I remind you if we wait much longer it is going to get dark? And, you all know how well we do driving in the dark?! Is that what you want?? Ok, ok … shhh, didn’t mean to scare you! Just saying is all. Hey, do you know if we pick up the laundry, we get a pickle! Remember … wasn’t that good? No, I don’t think that’s a good use of a perfectly nice pickle. AHEM…

7 minutes … Ok, I know … if you do all that, which would make you a very good Ann … we’ll skip the 7 pm walk! How’s that! SHHHH be nice.

Damn 5:01 … ok, troops, we’re moving … pack up them smokes … we’re hitting the road! Help me if you can I’m feeling down… YAYYYY Beatles! Help me please, won’t you please. AHEM enough! Go. That’s what V would say GOOOOOOOO!

Ok, ok touchy, touchy!

Wooo HOOO!!! We did it it’s now 6:03 pm … We were zoomin!



Hoo RAA! And, you know what?? The kitties said We mumble, mumble, mumble LOVE mumble you mumble, mumble, mumble don’t mumble do that again, mumble, mumble. They were umm, eating. Woohoo got a kitty now sitting by me nicely this time washing up after dinner! They are sooo goofy!

Shoot, I did it, I really did it! Schwooo. At the bank I was first in line and we flew past the Entenmanns. Hardly a glimpse! But, we forgot about the cashiers check and had to come back for it. He looked a little hesitant when we didn’t have an ID, but we passed his test, he gave us a special envelope, and didn’t charge us for the $1 fee. YAYYY, nice young man! We went over to that other laundry we were thinking about. But, the place was very busy, lit up and obviously only did dry cleaning. No way was I going in there, even if I did get a good parking space. The parking was terrible at my laundry. I had to squeeze to get the bags out, BUT they earned points for someone being at the cashiers. I’ll be danged if I EVER see the same person there. They must be the worst payers! This lady was nice enough and gave me 75 cents off for a wet towel. I don’t know what that was about. But, she didn’t bat an eyelash at telling me it was going to cost $23.00 … That’s the most I’ve been charged there. I know it was a heavy load, but that goes down as suspicious … did she write herself in a two dollar tip?? I made her write down the REAL hours they were open tomorrow. We’ll see, we’ll see. That was the deal breaker at the other place. They were closed on Sundays! TERRIBLE!

YAYYY Dinner is ready! Mumble, mumble, mumble…

The gas station wasn’t too busy and there we’re two girls working … another new one. I tried not to be afraid when I looked at the price of gas. Here she is 2.99.9 hmm. Obviously, they are trying not to threaten us with $3 gas. I have to figure out if I’m up to the new deal. Because of the smokes, I get $1 off gas, but I have to go wait in line so they can credit me, instead of just sticking in the credit card to the pump. I’m not sure if that’s such a deal. ESPECIALLY, since the price of smokes skyrocketed here. They are now $55 a carton … it was like an overnight jump of $9 a carton. I think there is something criminal about $1 discount at that kind of price and inconvenience! On their good side, they had canned kitty food. The price said 59 cents per … I thought ok, we know convenience high cost. But, then the lady charged us 69 cents per the 7 we bought, and we said nope nope nope. You have cost me $100 today, I want my 70 cents back! She was pretty ticked up and had to push about 3 minutes of buttons, but we held firm and unwavering. Hehehehe. The other cashier, the new one was nicer, but she complained about the new store, so she lost points there. My cartons are notoriously difficult to reach and 9 out of 10 times they need to use the high chair. But, this woman outweighed me by about 100 pounds. Didn’t think she was going up those steps. On the good side, she was determined to do it on her own. So, she pulled the bottom cartons and let a few drop on her head while grabbing mine from the top … good service! And, to win my service award of the day, after I apologized for the inconvenience of my brand, she said, “No, sorry, it’s not your fault.” BRAVO!!!

All in all I think good entertainment at the cost of $100. I’m not going to belabor the point this one trip was equivalent to 17% of my raise this year. Ok, girl … let it go … Everyone’s in this ship together! BOOO Bush and his oil-busting cronies!

On the other hand … dinners great! He used beef this time, and we added seasoning and leftover crunchy chow mein noodles … Wooo HOOO!!

Ok, half a smoke, then we’re going to call my Grandmother, I hope its not too late. Better, do that now right away. BRB. J

Woo HOO … back again. Yes, you can imagine by now this is an all day post. In all actuality, I don’t think I do that THIS much. It’s about 7:20 now and I figure I should go to bed pretty soon. It was very nice talking to our Grandma though. This time we talked a big portion on business, insurance, and politics. Hehehe that all ended with her saying well, we talked enough about the negative things, we can talk about something different!

I don’t think any of us no difficulty with insurance, until we become old. There is about 15 days left before seniors have to be enrolled in the new prescription programs, before they are penalized. I guess my mother is handling that for her. I called just a second ago, but she’s not in. So, I don’t know how that is going. Eh, I’m in a good mood, better that we stay on this keel. It probably shouldn’t surprise me, but my Grandmother is riding right beside us in our impressions of all the above. All three are out for the greenback, and while we’re here … let’s include oil tycoons with all that other mess. We laughed and laughed to her opinions on Bush. She sure does have a good picture on what is going on in life. I admire her a lot. To the point of saying, if I’m doing as well as she at the age of 97, then I will certainly have lived a blessed life.

It’s just so strange. I’ve never heard of someone who thought so much like me. It’s like we’d grown up parallel lives, but she is 50 years in front of me. Wow. Never did the math before. It be pretty amazing to think I could live another 50 years. With all our suicidal thoughts, I don’t think any of us really want to die. My Grandmother talked about her hearing aids and that one ear doesn’t work at all anymore, and in fact has a hole wear its worn through. I had to be told that its something that happens in age. Felt bad about that. There are so many things I most likely take for granite. Like the cost of hearing aids. She said she had paid $5,000 for them, and I could tell she was pretty miffed that they didn’t tell her the second one wouldn’t be able to cover her deafness in the one ear. I felt pretty mad about that altogether. It was like you hear about bad things and cons all the time, but you never want your own Grandmother to go through it. I feel that way right now about the cost of her medicines, and such particularly because she like most older people are on fixed incomes. I’m just glad at the moment, she doesn’t drive. Gas prices would eat her up! I’m pretty sure my car is mostly filled up, but I stopped her today at $40. Couldn’t mentally handle putting another drop in her.

I think one of the reasons that made my Grandmother be in such a good mood was that my Uncle was finally back from his vacation. Shoot, I remember something about England … where was he?? I remember hearing another country, just don’t remember which. Could he have been in China? Think she said they were 9 hours off … It Beijing would be 11. Australia closer to 9 hours. Hmm, I don’t know … well, at least SOMEWHERE on a cruise ship. I guess they didn’t have good weather, but they’re back catching up on bills and dirty laundry, and they’ll soon be headed for their summer place and their Grandson’s graduation. My Grandmother said something about getting more calls now. She said my elder uncle could call more often than once daily, every day, or maybe skip two or three days depending on what he is invested in. I feel grateful that he has taken care of his mother and related to her all along. I don’t think I like the thought of my mother calling her two to three weeks at a time, but then look how many years went by without me calling either of them. I guess I have to let that go.



Well, we’re coming pretty much to a close. I think by now, we’ve worn out our welcome here. Though we haven’t gotten to a place where we could think of Dr. M., nor not too much toward school. I don’t know why we chose paths of writing all day, rather than either of the two other, but I know it must be pretty severe, because we even chose bill paying over the other. That’s gotta be pretty desperate. It’s about 8 pm now. Interesting there is still at least one bird out there singing away … Missy has stopped by to complain about it and the fact, we haven’t gone to bed yet. I think the writing has helped us get through a good deal of stress. And for that, we are very grateful. And, we’re grateful that our fingers are so strong heheheh. AND, we’re grateful your eyes are strong and your tolerance in good shape!

Ahh, but here is where we finally fade off … nitey nite.