Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, April 28, 2006

Ohio or Bust..



Well … it looks like we’re in it for the long haul. I was about 3 minutes to bed, but just realized it was 2nd day being out of a different medicine, so I figured I better call the drug store. We talked to a real nice lady and it turns out she and I share the same birthday, but she’s exactly 10 years younger than me. Pretty cool, hmm? I told her I know I should take the medicine tonight, but that I was already in my pajamas, and she said, “That’s no trouble! I tell you what, I’ll fill the prescription and you come by in your pjs in an hour and I’ll be ready, just pull right up to the drive through!” Shoot, this lady has experience in sales! So, we’re committed to staying up an hour past bed time … sure wish I could send the kitties. But, she was succcccccccch a nice lady. She got me to giggling. Yawning now … but, I know this is a good thing … without this medicine, I would be up like last night two hours after falling asleep. YEEKS!

I don’t usually write this late at night. What could I do that is lite.



No, no … that won’t do. Enough of that! I could talk about chasing my bunny around the apartment, but in truth both of us hop a lot slower than we used to. I’m not sure if I told you, but did you know that he won 2nd prize for the entire weekend at his fishie contest? He’s already preparing us because his next trip is only about 3 weeks away. He says he won’t be gone as long the next time though, so that’s better. There’s only one story that’s coming to mind now. He said it was the weekend that butterflies did their magical transformations. He said there were thousands of butterflies everywhere you looked and they were all different colors. That would have been pretty cool. Hmm, something, something butterfly sneezing … where does that come from? They probably don’t sneeze do they?

Now, I’m thinking of that Homer Simpson show where he was working multiple jobs trying to earn enough money for something and driving home late one night his car goes off the road, and it becomes a bed with wings floating through the air and past Mr. Moon who winks and nods at Homer. Yup, yup that’s where we’re at. Fortunately, Walgreen’s is only about a mile or two away.

We got the check in the bank today, but we’re holding up on one check. I had enough money in the bank just to finish paying my debt to Dell for the fancy electronic things and enough to pay the rent. I was able to do that without depositing the last check, and now we have the next check. LOVE how that works! This check will have to go to paying a lot of bills though … It will go quickly. The reason I want to save the other check is that I’ve earmarked for the CARF meeting in Ohio for mid-June. Today it got to be a kinda expensive trip. Because we were working on the trip 

It is going to be minimal 372 miles, or 6 hours and 8 minutes. See?



Wallah! Just like Harold and the Purple Crayon. Do you remember that book? AHA! YOUR OLD!

You know … I have never been to Indianapolis. This is interesting. I also like the part where I shouldn’t confuse too much go south, go east. Seems practical! Then I go west then north. I think I can handle that!

Wooo Hooo … hadn’t even looked up my guest room yet. High-speed Internet! Down comforter (hehe w/AC), eh pretty standard stuff … they SAY spacious work desk, we’ll
see.



Nine floors, 294 rooms, 6 suites … hmm, no pets … Whose going to take care of the pets?? Oh oh forgot! Room service 6 am – 11:30 pm … indoor/outdoor pool, whirlpool. What’s a category 3 hotel? American restaurant “Christino’s” … Sounds expensive they added that “ino’s” Fitness center … ya ya… Hmm 1 mile Anheuser Busch Brewery! Actually located right off of Busch Boulevard in their business park! But, BUSCH?? Weak beer, I thought? Any ideas?

Yeeks pills … brb getting slippers!

Pshwoo. Ok, that’s done … We’re back on track. Well, to be honest, I’m not so enthralled with the hotel. AND, it’s 10 miles north of downtown! I thought I was going to see something interesting. Maybe I’ll have to try driving around  We worked it out so that we’d drive Sunday, probably leave around 7 or 8 am. Traffic should be great AND we took our friend’s suggestion. He said to rent a car, because he’s worried about my car on long distance. I knew he was right, but that still money out that could have gone to fix the air conditioner, if not something else. BUT, we’re going to be satisfied. We reserved a Grand Prix WITH, WITH, WITH … a GPS!!! YAYYYYYY!!!! That I hope is going to be worth the extra cost and aggravation. I want somebody to tell me your turn is coming up, get in the right lane, 200 feet, turn right in 50 feet. YAYYYY boss me to wherever and back. Nothing worse than co-piloting on your own while trying to read a scruntchy map! Shoot, forgot to ask about smoking in a rental. Better check that out. Hmm, couldn’t find it drat!

Ok, ok … clock strikes 10:00 NEED TO GO TO BED!!