Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, February 09, 2006

A little catchup?

Good morning,

I’m sorry I haven’t been writing as much as I should. Things sort of piled up again and when that happens I’m chasing my minutes and I think there is a confusion to write, because there is not enough time to do anything proper. We decided this morning we were going to write for an hour and whatever we can put down will have to be good enough. I want to thank Christine for the reminder that writing is a good thing that should be done everyday. I don’t want to worry anyone.

I think I’m ok, but it has been a tough week. During our Dr. M. appointment, he had to talk to us about finances. I might have to go down to once a week appointments or even less. That just about shattered us. The first day was the worst, we’ve calmed down some, but we have another appointment today. And, it is certainly going to come up again. It is very hard at this point to imagine less time with him, because he is so valuable to us and our life. I’m going to stop here on this note though because I don’t want to get riled up at this time of the morning.

Most of the rest of the week was about average. Sr. is still being nice. We’re trying to do a good job. We’ve held close to our work journal, which lists all our tasks. I got through one set of tasks that has been hard for me. Mostly trying to get clients registered for psychological evaluations at the University. About 10 documents each that has to be completed and signed for 6 people, plus there is another 10 pages to make sure they read for HIPPA (privacy) and about 45 pages of documents mailed from their files. It’s just a lot of work and communication between everyone. There are four people at the University that are involved with this between English and Spanish intake workers, a medical records person and the psychologist, plus the families. Yeeks … but, we’re nearing completion of our part now … just waiting for 3 more families to send back documentation and I will then mail the stacks of paperwork in. *Sigh*

Fortunately this is only done once each five years. Schwoo!

We’re still into John Denver … I try to listen to other vocalists, but I keep coming back to this one my ears want to hear. I’m probably pitiable!

We’re all good with our friend and diet buddy. I have reached the 40 pounds lost point. I’m feeling pretty good about that. Within 2 pounds, I will be at a 3 year low. YAYYYYY! Then the next goal 8 pounds later is hitting the 50 pound goal. We’re trying to make them small enough to encourage us forward. Our friend said that when we get to 50, he will buy me a couple of more dresses. I’ve been pretty much wearing the same 8 outfits for about 3 years. I know, I know … let’s skim over that point. It’s pretty terrible. This is the kind of stuff that gets you written up by your boss  I was kinda liking this week when I walk there is a swishing of my dresses, but I guess our friend doesn’t like baggy. Damn! Don’t worry … at 272, I’m only 23% done with diet … lots more to go. 

We’re worried about our diet buddy, because he’s still holding pretty close to the start. We both talked about that last night. I’m afraid he is getting discouraged with his ability to lose weight. We do our best to make him feel better  He started something new … he says that my boxed dinners (700 calories) cost too much, so he came over early last night and cooked meals with chicken or pork, rice, vegetables and salsa and froze most of them. We pushed him to weigh the meals with the food scale, so we would be able to not over eat our calories. He says we are saving $45 which is pretty substantial, but I’m worrying about him finding a couple of hours to cook the meals. Then he suggested he could teach me how to do it. At that point, we almost dropped to a dead faint, “COOK??!!” I don’t think so! *Sigh* That was enough of that nonsense.

This is all in a schemed plot to do in all my evil ways. He’s gotten behind the doctor bandwagon that says I need physical therapy, occupational therapy, and not smoking alongside the weight loss. We’re really not up to this point yet. We’ve opened our mind to the point that we are not shaking when the subjects come up (much too frequently for our tastes!), but we’re not quite there yet. We did join the blog group that Gabreael started for diet and fitness. Maybe we’ll find the extra encouragement from them that we’ll need. But, it has to be our free choice. I have to add one more complaint here … It seems as if God with His gigantic sense of humor decided to start taking from my chest first (pounds). If ever there was a bowling pin figure it would be me … grouch, grouch, grouch! Enough said!

The doctor visit hit these places on Tuesday. Plus, she said that we HAVE to get the 12 hour fasting cholesterol test before we come back, plus we have to go to the sleep clinic to figure out if we have sleep apnea. Damm pushy I think. Hmpf! AND, she put our left arm (ulner neuropathy) in a wrist brace for a month. She said we’ll start off with 2 weeks with it on 24/7, and then go to 2 weeks just at bedtime. START?? The thing doesn’t make typing easy, but the hand feels better. She also added a third diabetes medication … yup, yup what I needed another pill. BUT, I don’t need to see her now for six entire weeks. YAYYYYY

Nothing much happening in our knowledge of the boys. I did some work toward Jacob’s second school loan, but then I gave him the information in the form of a phone message. I’m not sure what he is doing with that. Probably should check on it, but I’ll have to do that when I spot him on line. He’s got a pretty goofy schedule and is not good at responding to his email. I’m thinking Macadam is back at work by now and Lee is finding her way through motherhood. We don’t have the kind of relationship where I can call and chat, even when we used to have a home phone. The nicest thing with all this is that I can’t be blamed for being a budinsky mother-in-law. *Double Sigh*

I am going to need putting in some good hours toward school by tomorrow morning. We’re one paper behind and haven’t completed this weeks yet. I almost got caught up last weekend, but after 3 papers in three days, we kind of wore ourselves out. BUT, WE WILL DO THIS!!! 

Let’s see what else? Not sure. We broke the “rules” and got out to do a little visiting over the weekend with blogs, BUT that was four days ago now. Not sure where all my time is going, though it does seem we’re sleeping more. It seems like we’re staying at work later too, unless there is an appointment, or friend is coming over. Then we go to bed early and sleep until late. That’s no good, but I think its our bodies way of working through some of the depressed feelings we are having. I have to give ourselves a little break here. Our body seems to do pretty much whatever it feels like independent of our thoughts. Are we ready for a *Triple Sigh?!*

I think when I put things into perspective, there are a lot of things that I have to do, but the visiting is the one thing I want to do and I get frustrated when I can’t get the time down enough to do it proper. Maybe we are going to have to work on some kind of schedule where we can settle for some visits every day, where now, unless we can get to everyone, we have not been doing so well. Over the weekend, when we visited, we found ourselves thinking how important everyone was to us. I felt bad when major things had happened and I hadn’t been there to share that moment of time, until it had passed. I’d like to say here for the record, that we’ll get better, just be some time to be good.

Hmm, we’ve run out of time, just been over at V’s … If ever a person to feel life, I think it may be him. Go on over if you haven’t been there yet … Let’s all take care of the day.