Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Announcing:


Gramma sees a writer in those wise eyes!

It's a GIRL!!!
Her name is Elisabeth Gabriella
She is just 6 pounds 2 ounces
and she was born to
to Number #1 son and daughter-in-law
on Friday, January 27, 2006 @ 12:43 pm
and she is PERFECT!!!


First Gramma Ann Report:

Gorgeous very gorgeous and so very, very sweet! This one is more petite … that is what her proud Mama is claiming. I think I agree … we might just call her orchid, she’s that delicate! She’s already doing the smile thing and she has soooo many other interesting faces. But, she isn’t a very loud crier. I guess we’ll add a God Bless, just in case she decides to change her mind later. The nasty ol nurse came in and pecked her foot to draw blood and Elisabeth said, “Hey!” through a chirp, but then went right back to sleep. Her Daddy said she was a pretty tuckered out.

We held her most the time we were there and right before the nurse came in we realized that her little feet had come out from under the swaddling thing goin on there. My son says she needs to be kept very warm. They are the nicest little feet, long and thin, and her Mama says her fingers match and that she’s going to be a musician! YAYYYY! Musician Writer is a good idea! Maybe a Mozartella! I think her proud Daddy and Mommy brought at least 3 camera’s to the hospital. And, Daddy figured out how to get one through his phone lickidy split for Gramma to post. BUT, we got scolded a little bit for putting up sooooo many pictures Elisabeth’s sister. Whoops, Busted! In defense, he said there were like 20, but actually there is only 9 … so that takes care of that problem! I know, I know ... I’ll be more careful ... I promise … I didn’t even know he still knew my blog address!!

Elisabeth’s Mom told me about how things happened and I listened very carefully. She’s a good story teller, but she makes things sound too easy. I think once she used the word for "labor" as “hard.” But, you couldn’t tell it by looking at her and she was only referring to the last half hour of birth. But, I'm pretty sure she didn't use the ominous p*** word. She’s up and dressed and all fixed up beautiful as if she was visiting someone else at the hospital. She absolutely glows and she doesn’t waddle or anything! Dad looks a little scruffier. I think he forgot to pack his shaver.

The room was the most beautiful hospital room I’ve ever seen. My DIL has connections and the nurses held out the BEST room, until it was needed by her. It is larger than most hotel rooms and she was explaining things pull out of the walls and ceiling for delivery time, and the baby is born right in the room. The floor is hard wood and she has a nice “three-sided tower” like window in front of a small table. The room also had a swanky looking modern rocker and a futon type bed for Dad. You can see it … it’s where I am sitting with Elisabeth. I guess sleeping with husband in the same bed still isn’t the first thing one thinks of after having a child the same day *giggle!*

We had a few things we found that we wanted to give her and those got opened and put away just before a couple of the baby’s other Gramma’s came in. One was a GREAT Gramma. We were trying to leave so we would be graceful, but it was hard leaving the space. We wanted to hear the whole story over again, but figured her family might like some privacy. We were good.

They had though brought in Ame. She was very excited and came rushing in the room saying something in a loud, booming coo like, “How are you sister!??” What a beauty!! I’m so glad I had seen it with my own eyes. There was this one other instance I will never forget. Elisabeth’s GREAT Gramma was holding her, and Elisabeth let out a few squeaks. That’s what Ame calls them. Ame was right there, the room quieted as we all realized about the same time that Ame was singing her sister a nursery school lullaby about how much she loved her. And, Elisabeth fell back asleep. WoW! Really something! I asked Ame's Mother first thoughts and concerning Ame they were something like, “Is our baby here already?!” She’s just so proud of her new little Sister. Ame will be five next month. Her mother made her a shirt that says BIG sister! Such a warm and wonderful few moments in my life. This is the kind of thing you remember for ever!

I think its time for bed … this kind of thing can’t be topped!! I want to just dream our most pleasant thoughts. Nitey-nite!!