Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, January 20, 2006

Short note for a short day

Good morning,

Just us. It’s about 4:15 now … we’ve been up for about an hour and a half taking care of B-Business. Thought I should leave some kind of an update … well, that and mostly cuz I like to write in the morning J

Let’s see as far as updates??

Sr. got on the intercom at work yesterday morning about 20 minutes after getting there. She had to go out so suggested that each of the group say their prayers in the rooms and that they pray for the state inspectors. Then she simply said, there were problems, but we did very well. And, then later she announced the center had received 97%. This pretty much stunned the hell out of everyone. Especially, for the amount of bad karma she was spreading yesterday, we were all made to think that the problems were SOOOO big, that we were near failing. Sooooo, let’s just slide past this inspection and get on with the business of doing business! What a roller coaster though! One more thing … she took over the staff training session for an impromptu staff meeting. She kept heaping praise on the DSPs saying how wonderful they did. This was kind of an unfair thing to do in that 2 of the 5 were interviewed and that was that. No paperwork, no heavy duty projects, no special programs - just had to smile and be nice. Pretty hard on the Q’s, but I guess that be the nature of the beast?? Let it go!

We had one other meeting … the behavior meeting. But, because Sister wasn’t there the other Q was better – not trying so hard to impress, so that was ok. Sister tacked on a new responsibility with the minutes portion that I do, so I suppose we’ll have to get to that right away this morning. Will be good for us. And, I have 10-11 Qnotes to write by Tuesday so that will be a chore, AND there will be a staffing on Tuesday and Friday so we’ll have to go over that. Then, we’re into the normal business of business in just trying to get things accomplished. I am looking forward actually to the new CARF materials coming in for a change of pace. Now that the major State inspection is over for the year, we can breathe a little easier. Just need to stay on top of things.

We had our Dr. M. appointment last night. We went over some of the activities of Tuesday and Wednesday. And, then we spent a good amount of time going over the Dr.’s report for our regular doctor appointment. There weren’t too many surprises … just a lot of things have to get accomplished. I did schedule for the appointment to check the nerves in my left hand. Dr. M. said I wasn’t going to like that test either. He said they hook a lot of wires to my arm and do tests stimulating the nerves. Yeeks. I think that one is coming up like the 27th. We talked about getting two more tests done which I am having trouble scheduling. The one test is a fast and the other one is the sleep apnea one. I just haven’t convinced ourselves we could survive a night without smokes and computer. I think they are going to win out, because I know they are serious and it needs to be done … just a vice a vice.

Another thing we talked about was meeting with the memory/attention psychiatrist. Dr. M. says that he would be free to talk with both of us next Thursday during our regularly scheduled time. That means by the Monday appointment, he is going to want to draw up a list of questions. That will be a weekend assignment. The last thing was the MRI test. They said that it will be completed by Monday. I don’t know if they meant Monday by 8 am though so Dr. M. and us can talk about it. I guess the worse case scenario is that I ask him to send an email or call. Hmm, seems to me we have an infection we have to take care of too. L He said after the regular doctor checks the blood work; she will most likely call to set up some anti-biotics. Shoot, shoot when it rains it pours. Damm … one more thing … I had a lousy 3 month reading on blood sugar for the diabetes. Meaning the lab said I was a 9.4 where the top range is supposed to be a 6.0. Dr. M. said the highest he’s ever seen the number go is 12.0 … so I suppose that’s not good. I had thought I was doing good because I had been losing weight. Probably means the dr. is going to want to adjust the diabetes medicine L Drat hassle and cost!

So that’s that with that stuff. School will be one of the next realities and most likely our friend too. I’m not sure if he has scheduled a game for tonight though or not. I guess there is not to be much said here. Sometimes, I miss our friend, but it will only have been 2-3 days since seeing him L Shoot, got down again …think we’re going to lie down.

Hmm, back up again … it’s now about 7:00 am. I’m giving myself about a half hour to wake up. Umm, I’m not done yet.

Ahh Vster!