Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, November 25, 2005

Nitey-Nite

(click)
Pschwoo, we’re going to take a break here. We’ve been working with the papers, and have made some progress. We wrote the outlines for the next two papers due. We’re a little concerned with lack of references in the first paper, but we have some good references in the second that we are pleased enough with. And, luckily, neither of these papers has to be particularly long. However, it is already quarter after 7 and we’ve just taken night time medicine that is going to make us sleepy. I figure with the outline set, we can put together the papers first thing in the morning when we are more rested. YAYYYY The hard part is over!

So, that leaves us with 30-45 minutes to play catch-up with our personal thoughts. Today, was a pretty nice day all considered. The reading was over early, and the outline started. We also took a little while to work with our brain coloring book. Hehehe, you gotta know we love that. We learned the difference between the central nervous system (CNS), the peripheral nervous system (PNS), and the umm, I’m going to remember this word … hmm, it means the nervous system attached to the internal organs, ummm AHA – visceral nervous system (VNS) I had to look it up. It also pointed out the differences between the cranial and spinal nerves. I know there are now 12 matching pairs of cranial nerves and 31 matching pairs of spinal nerves! Wooo HOOO!!! You go girls!

Ok, maybe we need a life! Shoot, we’re having so much fun with this one though!

We’re still doing our happy face concerning the rocking chairs, like embers glowing! That sure made the day! Can we assume the chairs to be in Washington? We are that much more reassured by the comments left by Christina and Mom T. Collectively, I can remember both conveying not to worry, and in general we can come as we are, and sometimes others hang-out in pajamas too! We’ve also been forewarned about the tea being spiked, or was it that we were warned about V. spiking, not sure which is the most troublesome! Ahh well, with enough group hugs, he’ll straighten out!

I really have not done much other with the day. Still working on Turkey leftovers. Sure feeling happy.

We had a little chance to think over the different parts within the system. We don’t usually give it much conscious thought other than with Dr. M. when sometimes specific parts are out. I gave thought too to a substantial problem that we were facing several days ago. We hadn’t really met Christina and T. To be honest, we were feeling pretty scared. We have outstanding abandonment issues and had an unreasonable fear that we’d lose one of our primary relationships. But, instead of losing, we gained. I don’t know how that happened, but we lost three hours of crying over our imagined fears. We know when this kind of emotion is being expressed, somehow it connects with the past, more in the present, but when you are going through it that seems more just an intellectual thought.

Now with the negative feelings in the aftermath, it seems like we must walk on sublime path. For good measure, why don’t we thank God for that too. 

Whoops, whoops here is “go to sleep kitty.” I don’t always like it when they boss me around and I’m pretty sure I would be embarrassed if you saw how much kitty fur my keyboard collects. Both when they want my attention will lie down, like now, over my forearms between me and the keyboard. They are soooooooooo pathetic! I find this especially true if I have been home for the day and they’ve relaxed already with me for an earlier nap. I think it reminds them how much they to keep a tighter control over our environment.

We paused for a few minutes and gave her a very good pet. Good kitty. She’s calmed down some.

I know it is almost time for bed still I hesitate in leaving the keyboard. Maybe, it’s because we took the late afternoon nap. Oh oh another bedtime indicator … Shoot, they are piling up now … Maybe have to let the day go. It’s the same feeling I remember as a kid trying to calm myself down after visiting the State Fair. Maybe too many fresh soft donuts out of the wonderful little donut making machine. And, then there is the caramel apples! Oh dear thinking we’re going to get very fattening dreams tonight. Better just say good night! You know about those Chiefbugs biting!