Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, November 21, 2005

Whimpering

Good morning, ok, ok … you are all sleepy. That’s ok; I can be all good with that. (Placing finger mitten muffles on). We’ll be quiet! One more thing here. I need to stretch for some coffee. Ahh better. Everyone’s been fed here and the kitties just requested some fresh air, so we wrapped ourselves up in Macadam’s blanket. Very good.

Already as I am sitting down I am aware of a dichotomy of wanting not to think, and knowing, I need to think. So, that will be the morning’s challenge, as well, as a continuation of weekend thoughts. I really don’t know why there is so much resistance, but in just saying the word, I know I will need to back off that point. I don’t want to start the day off negatively.

Ok, this is Ann, [TOP STUDENT], waking up and getting ready to zoom over to school.  Can we do this? YES, WE CAN!! Whoops, little too early for all that. It is about 1:30 am now. And, I’ve been up for a little bit. But, to be fair the day starts when you get the coffee.  Kitties are pretty happy, because they thought I was never going to make it into the kitchen for coffee and feeding them. Let’s just say, I was persistently pursued by them in their best interest.

Ok, scrambling here … looking for something not to think about hard. Though at the same time, I am remembering something of our reading yesterday. To be creative, one should abandon themselves to their work. That is where I would like to be. Ok, new system. First, we say, “Ready?” “Set?” And, then “Go!” AHA! The books been open, it works! Ok, better get up our other Word document. Reread paragraph. Wow! It is poetry to my ears and sense of encouragement. Three more sections to include … better go on to a new paragraph. Need to think through now, “It’s Who You Are.”

 Shoot. We were doing it. But, then someone just went to bed after writing one more paragraph. This is not good.  Now, it is time to go to Dr. M.’s … we’ll try talking it out again.

 Disappointed.