Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, March 22, 2010

This was forgotten at work from one week ago - Monday

Good morning. This is me. It’s about time I got something down. We’ve been sleepy this morning and then spent some time with emails and FB. That’s one of my favorite things to do … I love the feeling of being all caught up! I’m not getting that from work, but luxuriating it in FB.

I introduced a couple of my good friends to each other this morning. Through Vickie I found Julie, and then I introduced Julie and Vickie to Diane. I feel real positive about that combination. All three of them have sons going to Afghanistan within a week or two. All of them were originally from MarineParents.com, but hadn’t met until now. There must be a big group going out … I should be paying more attention to the war part, but I’m much more apt to pick up from the parents what might be happening from their perspective.

Hmm, I think Rich might be getting in too. I just saw Sr. have a couple people bring in the two new printers he got and then left them on his desk and chair. I’m thinking he’s unloading from the van up front, or picked up the van to go on another work errand. Have to be careful. My horoscope said to stay low until 4 pm, and then we’ll have a bit of an electric 3 hours, and then something is going to change by 7 pm. In the meantime … Rich is really on track and moving today and being clear about his goals, so we’ll want to hide from him. It says that Saturday and Sunday will have so much going on that he won’t be able to find depth or meaning in his social interactions. He’s got my sister, his daughter, and two sons and mother to be dealing with all at once … pshwoo! Poor Rich.

Hmm, just read into some of the next periods of time for both Rich and us through daily, weekly, monthly and yearly, and then added different dimensions such as love, career and regular things. I read enough to be pretty confused. *sigh* Mabye we’ll have to start over again. I think I’m just going to settle though for today earlier I stay low and then look forward to some energy after work. I don’t think we’ll be going out because there is financial problems about now and Rich is figuring out how to maintain what he’s got to be doing. Then he is looking forward in that Jillian most likely will be coming home and will need help with the move, settling and fixing her car. Chris will soon enough be getting married and that’s causing Rich to think of putting money aside for that.

Last night it was a question of could he afford a fixer for his boat to get the scum washed off that didn’t come off in the car power wash. I said so you are saying if you had a $5 product you wouldn’t be able to buy it. He got real bent out of shape about he didn’t have enough money for anything and would have to work every night and that … on and on. We thought he was staging something though because in a calmer mood he’d be saying we just have to be careful. I think he’s thinking of getting by and taking care of everyone. I told him he was just feeling sorry for himself, because he was like deliberately making everything seem at its worst conclusion to such an extreme it just didn’t make sense.

He was on a soapbox and he had started it at his mothers. He kept putting his hand on his mother’s arm as she tried to talk, and he was overspeaking loudly as to anyone at the table of Bud, his mom, me and him. He was talking about history and may have been mostly correct or not, it didn’t matter I just felt threatened when no one else was able to jump in … I told him in the car that he dominated the conversation and he couldn’t see it … he was looking at it as if he was instructing everyone … but I thought it was to the detriment of others … at least me. But, because this was a negative statement to him he got goofy and we got goofy … well at least for 10 minutes. After that I asked him after a quiet period if there was anything he wanted to talk about, but he was still explosive, so we put on our earphones and turned on the iPod. I didn’t want him though thinking we were tuning him out so we picked up his hand and brought to our knees and said that if he wanted me to just tap on my knee. But he didn’t let go of my hand he just held it on my knee … so we held back and stayed quiet.

Not much later than that there were some calls … he talked to Bob, his son, his daughter, and I talked to my son. We had talked to my sister and mother on the way to his mothers. It was a lot of family getting through. We obviously couldn’t stay mad through all that. Rich and us had to work out some arrangements for everything to fit. We’d gone out to a nice dinner with his daughter on Saturday and we were trying to get together on Tuesday. But, his daughter had called back not offering a reason, but suggesting Monday. But, by that time Rich, me, his son, my son, his mother and stepfather was all focused on Tuesday. So he pushed a little harder to keep the date. Afterward I reminded him to tell his daughter that Tuesday also was his mother’s and Bud’s 36th wedding anniversary – so would be a very good day to visit.

Then Jon was sorta suggesting that Rich be around his area on Thursday to drive him home. Thursday was the day my sister was supposed to be there, so we contentiously released him from any obligation because I figured that my sister and I were going to have most that day to ourselves because of the drive up there and back and getting through Dr. Marvin’s appointment. I also told her that we’d stop to pick-up Chinese and that we’d bring it home. I did tell her that we’d split something … so I’ll eat whatever she’s got. I’d like to keep the bill down to $12 or under. I figured we’d stop by at my favorite Chinese restaurant near the hospital. I’m hoping almost that my favorite worker isn’t there because she runs out of her room to give me hugs. There’s a lot of emotion.

After we stop to get something to eat then we’ll go home, but it will be later.

She’ll be hungry and so will I. We have to get her then settled into everything.

It’s a lot of hustling and bustling when people first come over.

I talked to Maury last night and he thought maybe he could come over tomorrow – maybe. He didn’t want to commit himself and I didn’t want to commit myself to be doing what he should be doing himself. He made it seem inconvenient, because he had overtime this week. And, I said clearly you could have done it any time over the last two weeks since I’ve been asking. Then he was like … whatever. He also used the time to tell me that the deal on their apartment was going to need waiting another month so that he wouldn’t have his stuff out until first of May … that dropped like a lead sock. I wasn’t really put out, but I felt inconvenienced in that he’d made the shape of his room so messy that we couldn’t open the door or include it as part of the house. I felt he owed us more than that. We had never agreed to be a store house. If so … we’d just arrange for him some closet space.

It probably wouldn’t have made a big difference, but now my sister is coming and we need the room. Rich has been talking to of making the house a little less crowed by using the room. Not sure for what yet, but I get his drift. The big thing would be to take out my drafting table, but that’s a part I sincerely don’t want out of the room. Taking the sewing machine out of the kitchen could be done too, but I’m not sure for what purpose. Its fine where it is and it would mean keeping the dresser instead of having to replace the shelves or the baker’s rack. Best thing would just be to clean it up a bit. We’ve got too many coats on the coat rack and the table keeps picking up stuff especially Rich going through with his letters and envelopes – and then too Rich and my briefcase/backpack we use every day. There is stuff on the back highchair and the kitties are taking their space too. We just got to pick it up.

That back room is a good reason to have back Maury’s room … It had taken on the role of our overflow room. I’d much rather have a real guest room or useful room of some sort or another than junk room, but this idea of Maury dumping “stuff there” all over the furniture and floor really wasn’t what I bargained for. I thought he’d been married for 10 years and by now had learned to pick his underwear up! Ugh!

There just took off Elvis it was getting to raucous for me. We turned on our Alternative soft. We will check that out for a bit to see if its any better. The next step would be to bring her down all the way to ambiance. When the group is outside the door I want to have some kind of real music they can identify with.

Jane is really into Elvis, but it had gotten too fast. It was making me race.

Hmm, seems like we have a task to do today too. We are supposed to make the sheets for the Spring Fling … sister is going to want them soon. Maybe we should plan for that after lunch. Lunch is just in a half hour.

There we got ourselves started. I typed out the generic form. Now we’re going to need placing in about one dozen items. If I had my camera batteries I would take pictures of the items, but maybe we can do that on our way home from work.