Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pretty much a Saturday

Good morning. This is me. We’re up to a late start with the writing. It’s already about 9:30 am on our wonderful Saturday morning. Rich has been gone for about 1 ½ hours. I can’t tell you what all has transcribed since then, but I know I’ve been on the computer for a little bit now … just catching up with our FB and email updates. Ahh now I remember … we were reading the Apple magazine that we picked up from Dr. Marvin’s. We read it pretty much cover to cover. It gave us a chance to update ourselves on some of the new developments, especially as relating to the iPod Touch. The reason I was drawn to it in the first place was that I’d picked it up and skimmed and low and behold the Pantone application that I’d just become enamored with was being featured in one of its cover stories. WooHOO! I found it before I knew it was major big 

I didn’t think the review did it justice, but then again I think the person who wrote the story didn’t have actually application for the program. They went as far as saying anyone who is a designer or such, but didn’t state how well it could be used. They did mention it for a hobbyist, but that isn’t the same thing as being the hobbyist and excited to be using it for a specific purpose.

If I could list one thing to be doing with it today, that would be it … I would like to continue with a new design and colors I’d come up with from the golden/purple fish I’d been working on for the guys’ quilts. I did a color matching and came up with some really nice stuff. Whatever design I’d make sure the center quilt – or the borders would have the actual fish block. Maybe more on that later?



Ok, well hold up … did find this picture the one I am talking about is the gold ones in this photo. It doesn’t show up here nearly as pretty as it is up-close, but you can get the general idea. It’s got various swirly colors against the gold. Anyway … I came up with some design colors for it that are now sitting on the Pantone’s color palette … just would like to do a little experimenting with it to see how it would turn out.

Hmm, that reminds me … if I get a chance and I should make it a priority … I have to get to the bank to deposit the check … that’s a must … and before I deposit the cash part … I’m thinking that I might want to go to BestBuy and get the camera battery.

That’s a must … I’ve gone about 3 months without my camera and I find I’m really missing it, plus we’ve got the Spring Fling coming up and we’ll want to be taking pictures of that. Ok, have to then organize our thoughts for that. Basically, I’ve got to spend as little as possible, but still get a new battery and battery charger. Might have to bring in the phone to assure we’re getting the right one and please lord let it be under $100.

Ok, now next? Maybe we should set a deadline. How about noon. I know we have to do it before 2 pm to get the banking to go in at the same day. That’s going to be important because we’re running short in the account. Plus that will then get me showered by 11 am – that gives me an hour and 15 minutes and then BestBuy and then home in time to do some real picking up around here. We’re thinking she’ll be here about 4 – 5 pm. Maybe later, but we’ll want to be ready. That’s the time that Rich is coming home anyway so we’re thinking if she doesn’t come here with him from his game then she’ll be getting here when he does. I was real happy to read my horoscope today. It said …

“You and a new person in your life will make one heck of a good combination today”

I’m pretty sure the new person is Jillian since we’ve only met a couple of times.

This is Rich’s ...

“You have a lot of fun working your way toward the truth today -- especially through arguments. You might not hold on to any one belief too tenaciously, but you do get closer to something that feels right.”

I think having me and Jillian in the same room talking over real life things could be the truth he’ll be facing. I hope there aren’t too many arguments, but if Jillian has things she wants to get off her chest … well not holding his beliefs tenaciously would be a good thing especially if it were to make him feel more right.

Ok, that’s as much horoscoping as I can do at one time. Hehehe you never know … really like to find out that me and the stars are on the same path.  I don’t know what Jillian’s birthday is so we can’t look her up. Sure hope she’s going to have a really good day.

Rich said something about going to see his mother tomorrow if there isn’t anything else being planned. I really want some at home time so we’ll work on not being there the entire day. Maybe we’ll go in after lunch thought that would shoot the rest of the day. There’s a good part in that Rich likes getting home before it gets dark. Hmm, daylight savings time this weekend. Better plan on that too. I haven’t seen his mom for a while so I will look forward to that … Just need to let go of some of the homebody thoughts. I can’t bring anything there because we always talk straight through.

Ok, that’s about it of our plans. I think I might have mentioned going to Bob’s with him and Marcia last night. It was a very nice time, but I ate too much and had a bad case in the washroom last night. Enough said there. I had eaten too much before going there, and then we had dinner fairly soon and then we watched the movie “Up in the air” and then we had A LOT of cake and ice cream. Really too much. I felt tired and thought I should go home, but Bob seemed to want me to stay stating that fishyman was going to be coming over with his fishing lures that Bob was going to be selling at the flea market.

I guess what happened then was that I’d fallen asleep on the couch with my feet up and didn’t wake up until the loud buzz of Rich getting in about 9:15 pm. It was loud and startling and after he’d transferred the stuff we had to fight ourselves in getting up. Bob made sure we knew there was an extra bed, but I didn’t think that was going to go over so well with Rich. He be the funny bunny there! I figured for being only a two block ride home we should probably go that direction. I did tell him that I’d been close to wearing my pjs there. Both he and Marcia thought that was a plenty fine idea. But, again we thought of Rich and here in this mode he plays the role of the wet blanket. He’s a lot more proper then the rest of us. He be the good bunny that he is.

Ok, then what be next since we’re “being” in that mode. Have to think a little harder than that. I’m thinking one thing is that when I get up for coffee, I should probably plug in my gizmos.

AHA! There that made things easier. Rich just called between games … he said that plans have changed in that we’ll meet his daughter and Dave’s and Buster’s. I don’t know what that is thought I’ve heard the name … he said something about playing shuffleboard on a table top and then going out for pizza … and all of this would be instead of coming here. So I guess that’s a plan although not my favorite. I like the part more of sitting around in the comfort of our place and sharing that with Jillian. I’m sure there’s some reason, like maybe Rich isn’t up to doing all that cooking after four games. I can’t blame him there. He was reaching maybe for something closer to Jillian and that wasn’t overly stressful. He thought of it as a compromise in that it still give us a place to talk. That much I can be grateful for. I really just want to talk and catch up. It’s a strange thought going out somewhere for Rich where games are involved, but maybe he’s playing up to his and his daughter’s competitiveness – though she’s just coming off of having pneumonia so I’m not sure how much she’ll want to be on her feet. That’s like my weak spot, but then Rich already talked to his daughter and that they agreed it be a good alternative. So, we’ll do with that which we may.

He said he’d be home to pick me up anywhere between 4:30 and 6 pm. So we’ll have to
ride the wind there.

He was going to rest 10 minutes and then go on to the next game. I sure hope he comes home ok. He had taken a fishy magazine for in-between things and we encouraged him to keep in touch.

One thing happened at Bob’s place last night that wasn’t good. When we sat down at the table and pulled in our chair … our right middle finger got caught between the metal chair and the hard cushion and then we sat down on it crushing our first digit and nail. It took all that was in me to figure out I needed to stand to release the pain and I knocked over the chair in getting up. Poor Bob didn’t know what was going on and he’d just picked up the phone from someone calling in. After he got off the phone we were able to tell him what had happened, but he was still pulling dinner together and was a little off-balance with it. We got from Marsha a foam cup and filled it with ice cubes and water. We then kept our finger in it for a good portion of dinner when not eating and then for the first part of the movie. It still feels hurting to put pressure on it, but I’m pretty sure we didn’t break it – Pswhoo! It still hurts. I’m hoping that we don’t lose the nail … it was bruised underneath.

Bob fixed the chair right away … but it still is making me cringe to think of it. I was appreciative that he took it serious and I know that he did feel bad that I could get hurt in his place. We tried not to make it a big deal, but then of course as soon as Rich came in we had younger parts telling him what was what.

We enjoyed the movie very much. It was a reprieve to get Clooney as an actor. I don’t think we appreciated much before his serenest though ability to capture facial looks. The movie plot was interesting as well. It was a coming to terms movie in that they really spotlighted the people who were getting laid off and their reactions and they dabbled with the difference of doing things over the computer rather than doing things face to face. There were secondarily a couple of relationship things going on. There was Clooney’s love interest, that of his younger peer and then that of his sister’s at the sister’s wedding. They did not go into all that soooo much that they forgot the parts where he was perfection up in the air. There was that part too where he was going for his million miles privileges … saying there were only 7 in the club at the point he made it. I had a very good time with it throughout. I liked it that his character was very intelligent, but not without heart and that he could read emotionally that of others.
So that’s that.

I think we are about at the point of now moving to this next new day. There wasn’t anything real remarkable at work. Highlight of the day was in trying to come up with something for sister for the silent auction. I should probably work on that today, but most likely won’t. I brought it home … just don’t want to tie up my time.

There … I went and did the FB email thing for a moment. Thinking though it’s almost 11:30 am and I haven’t been to the shower yet. Better be makin that happen … BRB
Good morning … still! Well at least for 20 more minutes. We got up, showered AND dressed to the shoes. It’s the Flylady’s influence. Wow you go girl!

I’m thinking that we’ll write until we go out, but then we’ll want to try something with maybe the colors. We’ve got the jigamathings lectrifying up now. Good girl!

Hmm, maybe that time bunch got away from us. It’s now 2:30 pm and we’re expecting Rich within the half hour. Maybe we’re thinking we should grab a quick nap. Yup yup that be the case.