Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ok, let's get this day moving - about 8:15 am now

Good morning … this is us. We’re up earlier today – well not really earlier, but we are earlier to doing some work writing. This seems to be somewhat more functional.

I have watched some TV this morning … we’re still watching the HGTV channel. I can’t believe it … home stuff ALL the time. We also took our shower and did the medicine. I believe I’m ready to settle down now … we’ll have to see. Fresh cup of coffee should help.

Hey did I ever tell you that before Rich left he got me some flowers? There’s some pretty white with red splashed flowers with a rose and greenery. It’s very wonderful and sits on top of our hutch. We still have to put plants up high because of the kitties, but its right above me here where we spend a lot of time so that’s ok with me. 

We left our balcony door open this morning and now I’m hearing Missy outside meowing contentedly. Ahh here she comes. I don’t think it’s so cold they can’t be out there, but I understand between the next two days we could get about 10” of snow. I don’t know, but think that might have had some part in Ron and Rich’s decision to stay down in Alabama one more day. Their weather down their will stay nicer so they can fish on our snowy days and drive back here on Tuesday when the weather is more forgiving.

I don’t know how I really feel about that … maybe the feeling is that I’m a little more tired of being by myself now this many days after, but I know I’m very much in my realm for being able to take care of it. It really helped over the last two days being with Bob and Marsha or just Bob for breakfast and to watch the fishy show. I’m still feeling like I’d like a couple more days off. I’m just starting to adjust to doing things I should be like the housekeeping, Rich’s work for a few moments, writing and even some sewing. I finished one of the blue fishes last night. We’re working on a blue green fish now. I did all the initial trim work on about 90 squares before we let it go for the night. I really hope to get back to that today.

I wasn’t surprised when Rich asked about what I was sewing and stated the question are you going to work on Joe’s or finish the fishes. I think he was hoping for the fishes and he did seem pleasantly relieved I believed to know that we weren’t abandoning his present. I’m working now at the 78% level. If I could finish another fish today I’d be really happy.

I did like sitting again at the drafting table. I’d forgotten that sense and it seemed actually an easier thing to do because of the enjoyment of the home improvement shows so that I can do comfortably both at the same time and feel like I’m relaxing, but being productive at the same time. I’m a little more disjointed now with working with my back toward the TV, but in general I feel really relaxed.

I’ve got a half screen too so that on top I’ve got this word document I’m typing in to and on the bottom I’ve got pictures of the Montgomery house. I’m feeling incredibly happy with the keyboard. It’s a little low, but the keystrokes are so quiet and just the most perfect play on pressure so that everything just feels so simple and efficient - very nice touch.

I was kinda hoping that Rich might call this morning, but I’m thinking he was working hard to get out earlier before the pros get out there. I wish that he was having better luck catching fish. I think that Ron is doing better, but Rich is being skunked. I’m afraid that’s going to affect his mood, because he didn’t do well last year and now it seems he’s doing the same … I thought it might be because he’s so much more concentrating on manipulating the boat, but at some point he has to move on past that because he’d built up some experience. I think Ron caught a few fish … and from what we gathered from the pros on the Bass Master Classic show – people are catching fish although they are not real huge. We’ll have to see … we do hope the best for our fishy guy.

We’re just looking at the picture of the balcony above the dining room looking into the living room. It is such a tremendously wonderful picture. I did send the collection of house pictures to Rich by email, and then I suggested that he look at them, but he was like maybe we’ll do it when he gets home. I was like … ok, that’s Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday without any feedback. Ok, that really doesn’t feel like to be quite the deal. He didn’t shoot me dead in the water, but it was a little disappointing.

We did get some mail last night or at least when we were up earlier in the morning as to speaking with Debbie the mortgage person at Ryland and the two people we’re talking to at either Montgomery or Bolingbrook. I filled in some questions for the mortgage person. I’m going to send in some papers tomorrow after I get them from work. She wanted to see Rich’s tax papers for the last two years. I had left them at work. I will bring them home and then scan them and then email them to her. I sure hope that something will come out of it. We need her information to find out if we can really go forward within Rich’s realm. I do want to remind him that it is an investment in our future.

I don’t know if we mentioned it yesterday, but we had had a conversation with Bob and Marcia about our feelings toward taking on more or less responsibility at this point of Rich’s life. I don’t know if it is much different in that I’m 8 years younger than him. It’s just that he is reticent about making plans for our future.

I’m not in a bad way as to having a fishy life with him, but we’re not really meeting any of my nesting tendencies. It’s like ok, we’re not getting married and then we’re going to stay in an apartment? I am just having really depressed feelings about all that. It just doesn’t seem a fair way to do my life, but then I haven’t been able to do anything better on my own so we’re not sure if we even have a right to complain about not living better.

I just don’t know what Rich’s life goals are. I know that he wants to be fishing … and so now he’s like doing that. I have a little harder time knowing that he’s spent over a thousand dollars plus boat fix-ups for a week of fishing and he’s not caught fish and will probably come back complaining how much he has to catch up work. So for the money expended he’s not having a terrific time and I just know he’s going to complain when he gets back about his life.

Bob was making points on having to do maintenance on a place that be a home, but then buying a new home would help that out a bit, but in general we’d still be doing something together. I just don’t see that happening now. And, to not be making any plans is driving me crazy. I don’t know if I’m making things worse by planning on getting a place some day – and especially because we are going forward in talking to money people. BUT, I feel that if I weren’t doing something I’d be going crazy. I need to feel there is some progress being made.

Hmm … we took a little break there. We’d been looking at pictures of the Montgomery place again, and then we helped Missy a bit … she was a little discombobulated … So we encouraged her to come up and she did and then we gave her a good relaxing 10 minute pet. Sometimes she just needs one of those. The nice part about Missy is that she comes gets what she wants and then will leave. When Chief comes – he doesn’t know how to say … ok, that’s enough. Good Missy.

I don’t know now where I’m at … everything was very relaxed. Maybe we can take a screen shot … we haven’t done that for a while. It’s really set up nice for all my direct needs. Ok, here we go…



See … pretty nice!

I sorta wish that Bob would call and want to do breakfast again, but I don’t know if he would want to go out again. I would hope that Marcia could join us this time. I don’t know where she was at the other day, but I had the impression that she enjoyed just talking about things in general.

Maybe it’s time to be moving on? I think we’re pretty much caught up with where things are at. I do like being at the keyboard, so maybe what I’ll do is a little of Rich’s work. Hmm, I could do a screen shot of that too! Hold on.



Ok well – this isn’t quite as much fun, but it would be getting something done – not totally unenjoyable and would make Rich feel better that something got done … as to this goal, it would be nice to at least get out of Elk Grove Village. I’m up to the M’s so have made some ground, but it would definitely take another half day to finish. I guess then I better get going … we’re going to post this and maybe come back to it later. Take care!