Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oh Lordy ...

Good morning. This is me and we’re back at it again. I’ve only got a small amount of time because we’ll be working today on a client meeting. For the most part all we can think about is that Fishyman is coming home. For better or worse, he’s coming home. I miss him terribly, but at the same time we’ve appreciated having some space and doing things on our own.

We talked to Maury yesterday about maybe taking over his room. Not so that he’d have to move his things out … Just that we’d be changing the bed and some of his things would go in drawers. I can understand his fear in that just because he’s staying over ALL the time at his girl friend’s, in truth they’ve only been together 2 months, so maybe that is not permanent and he might need the option of coming back to our place.

I told him that any time he wanted to stay at the place that it only be a change of sheets. He of course had questions as to why I wanted the separate room. We answered them as close to we could in our not-quite thought out mode, but it was hard, because we don’t really know ourselves except feel we need the space. He asked and we answered no probably not when he said would moving to another bedroom really help. We just knew that we were angry and had to do something.

I know that we have to wait it out and see where we are at with Rich actually home, but I do feel some breathing space in having options … I don’t want to be locked into anything that feel’s uncomfortable.

I did talk to him last night and we told him about the part where we were going to start charging for sex. He took it tongue in cheek and couldn’t say much because he called when both he and Ron were in the car together on their way to Kentucky. I know most likely it won’t be followed through, but I need to get some kind of point across that I’ll be looking for to save a nest egg and it’s going to need coming out of some sort of ambition. I figure if we had sex twice a week that we’d have enough to put down within one year. We gotta start somewhere. We could call it maybe some kind of love tax. Hmm, that seems to go alright … AND he wouldn’t have to report it on his taxes.

I think that could work.

Maybe it’s time we took a refresher walk through the building. Let’s see what happens there.

Gosh … it sure is a beauty! We got another email from Lisa and we responded back.

Sometime in the next few days if not weekend we will most likely take a trip with her to check the place out … and add up some of the options to see what kind of price we’re talking about. Hopefully by then we’ll get something back from Debbie the mortgage person to see where we are at. I’d be so thrilled if she said Rich could finance like $300,000 then we would feel better coming in at like the $232,000 with about $20-25,000 in options. It would at least be some step forward.

I love the shot with the balcony … It’s just so gorgeous. I think Rich is going to be impressed too though I don’t know if he’ll be impressed enough to spring for the bigger house if any. It’s just the house is less than the Patriot in Bolingbrook.

The only thing that has benefit is the single floor and 15 minutes in. I also really like the kitchen. I know I’ve mentioned here that the kitchen in Montgomery is no slouchy kitchen … Just that that one thing architecturally intrigues me. But, to be honest I think it’s just too small a place without being able to add the basement … but, that’s a terrible deal for me because we lose the sewing room, the bigger double offices, the fishy room, the extra bedroom and the loft – plus for the $232,000 rather than $293,000 or $61,000 difference you get the basement thrown in too for the lesser property. It wouldn’t be finished, but it would allow us some storage space. That’s got to be a point somewhere in consideration.

I really like the idea of the extra bedroom in considering that if Jillian is still planning on coming home she’d have an alternative place to stay with us. She could also be putting things in storage in the basement if she wanted. I don’t think she’d have that option at her moms because I think Chris is taking up pretty much all the basement. That whole plan it itself might be good for the mother to know that some days she would be sleeping at her dad’s and that just isn’t a deal to lose so much anger over. He is half the girl’s parents whether she wants to admit that or not.

I feel a little impatient with the day in that the Ryland people don’t open for business until after 11 am and then we have the noon meeting, and then supposedly between 2 & 4 Rich should be getting in. It’s just a whole lot to get through today and we’re pretty frazzled. When I talked to Rich he said that he would look at the place when he got home, but that he hadn’t been spending much time on his computer.

He did what I knew he would in talking about being behind in business. We told him that we didn’t want to hear of it and that he still had a day to be on vacation.

It’s going to be bad enough when he gets back I didn’t want to upset Ron’s trip back by Rich fretting about everything he knew didn’t get done. That’s part of being in business for yourself – handling the days you are not on the job. Those are all choices. I do feel some frustration that he got the nice vacation, time away from me, and then he’s going to complain about the work that’s waiting for him. Just doesn’t seem fair.

Good … good … we checked the bank statement and we were returned the $99 that we were worrying about yesterday. That’s a good deal. We’ve got about $383 in there … I think we’ve got some more things coming out of there and we’re going to need money in there enough to pay the 900 + 455 for rent and car. That’s going to take a little bit extra – maybe about $50 over the top from the check – but as far as I can see most things out of the $383 have been paid with the exception of the lesser of the two school loans. I know that it’s going to be tight, but feel assured we’ll get through it. By a week from now we should be getting the second check and more importantly Rich’s payment – that will help us with the gas that we will need about then. We’re still going to need worrying about paying for Dr. Marvin’s parking.

Maybe on a far-fetched note Rich can pay it if he comes with us. Wouldn’t that be quite the deal? Let’s hope for that.

Oh Lordy how are we going to wait?

Ok, well that helped. We did a bunch of work. We did the report for the client so we’d have some time left on this other end while waiting for the meeting. As it turns out we have just 15 minutes and most likely fewer because the state rep usually comes in early to be on time.

We did talk to Debbie on the phone. She was real nice. I was so frustrated trying to get her the copy of Rich’s financial paperwork, and it wasn’t going through, but it turned out it did save in my email box, so we just had her go to that and download. She deals with money and seems to have a good reputation so I’ll trust that she’ll close it. It was funny in the process of getting from one place to another; she noticed I had a folder for Marines. This was when we were doing more with MarineParents.com. Turns out she has a son currently enlisted in the Marines in infantry and that he’s done two tours of duty in Iraq. I know we’ll get back to her with that, but Man … just so nice to run into another Blue Star Mom!

I talked to Sr. Theresa in the middle of all that too. She came back to check on something and then she talked about getting the CARF letter saying that we’ll be surveying May 5 – 7th. I guess that’s that then … pretty much I better start getting something in order or we’re going to end up with CARF coming back too soon.

AND, I don’t want that. I still want to go home after the meeting so we can be meeting Rich. We talked to Sister about that so I guess it would be kind of transparent that we want to go home and meet him.

Right about the time we were talking to Sr. about him, he called to talk to Sr. He said something about his schedule and something he was going to do with one of the DSPs for the workshop. It was funny seeing sister smile as if warmed between the two of us. For me it was just nice hearing that he was coming in. Sr. said he was driving from Kentucky. That was one of the questions. She didn’t know if he were back or not.

I did sign my name in the attendance book while I was up front getting papers copied. I forgot though to note how many days off I had left. Those half days sure do make a difference … maybe we’ll call Rich to check his time.

Ok, we’re back again … we were doing stuff for a while – think like we paid CARF $4125 to harass me.

Unfortunately, we had bad news from Rich in that he was having a hard time getting out of Indiana because of an accident on the expressway. He took a detour and fortunately has his handy dandy computer map to get him in and out of anywhere.

Good Rich. He had some stuff to do though before getting home. He had to drop the boat at his Mom’s and then go drop of Ron, and then he had to go to a customer’s and then he was going to meet me and Bob for dinner.

The delay though seemed to have added about 3 – 4 hours on his trip. He probably won’t get home now until about 6:30 pm – 7 pm. We’re pretty dragged out about that. We’d considered going home early, but it doesn’t seem justified now. We did call Bob and let him know that Rich was behind so that he wouldn’t mess up Bob’s schedule. He said he’d call Bob later, but Bob’s the kind of guy that likes forewarning. *sigh*

This sure is a long vacation! It’s giving me a headache!

On the more positive side … it does give me a chance to go home and clean up there a bit. I didn’t get the dishwasher unloaded so there are some dishes on the counter and there’s a few socks by the couch. I know I know … not a whole lot, but enough.

We stacked up some clothes on the bedroom chair too.

I thought I was going to go home and clean Maury’s room, but when we went in there … it was just a little too depressing. It had smells and it was cold because the door isn’t open. He had his stuff all over everything. Blah! Too much work. BUT, we’re saving it for an option if Rich is going to be always angry and cranky and whiney. Hmm, that sounds like me! Well, there can’t be two of us!