Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Maybe we can pick this up a bit tomorrow

WooHOO!!! We’re back. We had a super nice breakfast with Bob and talked about general stuff that was fun. I just got home and gave him a call to say that Rich had saved the big fishy show. Bob knows that they will replay it at 9 pm, but he was happy to have the invite to come over and see it earlier. He hadn’t expected it would happen so fast that they could get it taped. And, I was willing to bet that Sweat Pea would have arranged to have it taped on the DVR. I went back to listening to some other fishy show that’s taping now because there are two of them recording and I wouldn’t want to take them off-task. I did check and saw that we had the whole 1 hour show … and I’ll be much happier to watch it with Bob, because he can help me connect the dots. Both of us are excited that Rich and Ron are down there.

Another thing too is that Rich and Bob talked this morning and it seems they have found a sweet spot. It’s kinda exciting to know that Rich is fishing with the top 50 fisherman in the country. Wow! That’s just pretty cool. It be neat too if he could spot one of the big guys. I’m thinking how fortunate that the weather turned when it did. The original plan would have put Rich coming home today rather than fishing the same lake as the big guys. This way with him there on the weekend, he can fish all their time. WooHOO!!! I think Bob will come over in like a half hour.

Again we had a nice breakfast and will have plenty of eggs and pancakes to eat later. This time Bob covered where last night I paid to take Bob and Marcia out. I felt good about that because it’s a bad situation to lean on yourself being a woman so has to be taken out. I’m sure Bob and Marcia appreciated it too. It was just a nice dinner AND there was pie!

I feel a little more settled down now than I was before. Still looking over at my happy house pictures. I’m just so relieved that there was enough battery in my camera to take some quality shots. These might have to hold me over for quite some time.

Ahh just finished going through some mail. The sales person at Ryland wrote me a note asking about my interest and I wrote back. She’s sick this weekend but is having a hard time putting off business, but I’m pretty sure now we are finished until she comes back Sunday or Monday. Maybe I can hook up with her then. Looking forward for sure – she said basically that we could look for options. I’d like to have a concrete idea on how much the costs would be. I know at minimum I have to add in about $20-25,000 and that brings the cost from $232 forward and that’s IF she is still offering the $15,000 off … I think that incentive package is fading. I do know the builders come up with them as lures, and would hope eventually to get one.

It was really pretty discouraging talking to Bob and Marcia about the home yesterday because Bob wanted me to know in no uncertain way that Rich wasn’t interested in a house and the last thing men at their age want is more responsibility. I appreciated when he listened to the part – that women MY age liked to nest. There were a lot more arguments pro and con, but it doesn’t dissuade me much. I have found before that after Rich has gone through the hard part of doing new things that he settles into them pretty good. He’s not the kind of guy to hold a grudge. I’m pretty sure a new house would be like $10,000 down and about $2200 a month, but I’m looking forward to getting a better idea of that with the people over at Ryland.

There would be some negotiation of closing costs too. I have one mortgage company that says $1200 fees and no points, so she might be the one if not the builder because you get incentives working with them. The other mortgage person reminded me of other hidden costs … so all that is on a conscious level. We’ll have to see how things work out. I’d be so disappointed at this time to find that I may never get another house … and that’s where we just left off with Rich. We believe he’s going to be found wrong having quit deeded the house over to his ex. And, we think if they then could foreclose or cause some other kind of financial problem.

Speaking on the most positive behalf – it might mean that Rich and his wife officially will be forced to refinance. Maybe that would be a good thing. The one mortgage woman I liked so much said that maybe the best thing would be to write it all off and let the ex own the house straight-up though try to get her to pay off the 2nd mortgage. I don’t think Rich would ever do that because due to his sneakiness the 2nd is as high as it is. I think the 2nd is like $250 a month, but that Rich has been putting $1000 extra into it each month. I guess mentally I hold onto that amount could be going into our own mortgage.

One company says that Rich would have to finance on his own and the other said that we’d have to finance together. I would hope for the latter, but don’t know if that be another turn-off to Rich owning a house again with another woman. And, we’d have to do insurance to the point where it be covered if something happened to either Rich or us.

So that’s pretty much the thoughts at this point. Bob called to say that he was stopping at the post office, but he’d be then over … so, I think the buzzer is going to ring at any time. It should be a good time and I’m sure Rich is going to appreciate Bob calling him with info on how the other Lay Lake fishing men are doing. If it plays at 9 pm, maybe he can catch it down there, but we don’t know what kinda cable outlet he has in his motel.

I am going to miss my writing, but … getting to see and hear about where fishyman is is going to have some advantages too. I’d like to hear Bob call Rich from here to relay to him what was on the show. I’ll ask that of Bob to see if he can do it for me. Nothing I like better than to be helpful to the fishyman.

Hmm, it’s about noon now. Sure not getting a whole lot done today – but, we are getting some writing and visiting time in so all that’s good. Oh one more thing – before Bob called about breakfast, Marcia had called. I don’t remember if I said that before. We did some girl talking which I’m learning is really nice. There was a little more give and take on the phone and lately so the conversation is not all coming from Marcia or is about her husband. That’s really nice. Basically, I think she’s just trying to catch me up. I didn’t have either the feeling that she like me have many other friends. Our guys are kind of loners – kinda the nature of being fishy people.

Bob and Rich by far have the bigger number of friends, or at least associates. I like the people I “hang with” on FB, but the contact isn’t a lot. Rich has all those fishy, poker, officiating people to hang with. Speaking from the girls’ point of view then I should be lucky that he takes such an interest in a girly-girl life with me. I don’t think we’re real female, but we feel more so when Bob says something about doing something with “the girls.” Maybe we walked into something more than we counted on!