Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Saturday, February 20, 2010

On our way to breakfast

Good morning … this is me. We’ve been up for about 45 minutes, but we’ve kinda been in a cloud. We haven’t had a real clear mind, but we’re trying to work on calming down our thoughts now. We’ve been skimming through pictures of the Montgomery place, but we haven’t stabilized our minds enough to really focus on the words or details. We’re just too much a buzz. We did take our medicine about a half hour ago so maybe we’ll get some relief in our flighty thoughts in a bit as the medicine wears in. Rich now just flipping through the pictures my mind is so fluttery that I can’t even concentrate on the words that have been placed in the FB commentary that I wrote in the last day or two.

It seems like it’s a life and death matter. I know that I have to calm down so I thought maybe if I concentrate on the writing I will be able to figure things out. Let’s start though with something a little more down to earth. I talked to fishyman last night 

Rich didn’t call until later about 9-9:30 pm. I had dozed for a bit earlier and was into the computer and HGTV programming on houses so I was fully awake when he called. He seems to be a little calmer than he has been lately. I think he was more concerned with where I was at. I didn’t have a whole lot to say and by now I was more interested in just hearing his voice. I’ve been enjoying myself while he’s been gone because we’ve been so caught up in housing thoughts, but push comes to shove – I do love my dearbunny and look forward to being with him again. Just we have some things to talk over. Maybe things will be calmer now because he’s had a chance to be out on the water fishing and he’s gotten away from things including me for a bit.

Yesterday at work was a working day in that we had finished up on some staff training with Kim and then spent a little time with both her and Robyn. Robyn was a basket case and hard to deal with, and then it turned out that one of the clients had stolen her keys and so that just put everything in a “no we’re not going to be able to salvage this time.”

I was disappointed in working with her, because she was literally why are we doing this? It’s hard to work with someone that’s so overwhelmed that she can’t afford mentally to sit down and learn new skills. Kim is just the opposite. I think the stuff that I was presenting was a bit hard and we included Robyn because it was such important information and I’d wanted the two to be working in sync. Robyn came across very much from a Holly perspective in that anything extra in thought was excessive. I’m cringing just to think of that part of the session. I didn’t realize before how much Kim probably works with her just to keep her in some normal state of mind.

Ok, enough of that … it was an unpleasant memory!

Ok, anything else? We did go over some of the stuff we’d been referring to while I had the Thinking Group. That was pretty successful, but it’s hard to focus on right now. Basically, we went over a concern of theirs in relating. We focused on their issue of how to treat a lady which was brought up by one of our people and encouraged by others. We started there and then asked for ideas on how to treat a woman. There was a lot of things from taking them out to dinner and a movie to being respectful. We had to soon take a divided stance on whether to include kissing, sex and so forth. The group that thought that was all supposed to be saved toward a marriage issue won out and we got things back to normal.

I’d been going over Bloom’s taxonomy so we decided after we analyzed and broke down the things in being loving to women that we’d see how much they comprehended so we drilled on how many of the concepts they could remember. There had been about 12 ideas and one of the guys remembered 6 items and three more remembered 5 items and the rest were less. Then we followed the application process by asking for people to act out ways they could be nice to someone literally in the room. They had ideas like asking someone if they could help them to saying hi and checking out how the other was doing. I added a couple suggestions, but drew a line in repeating things so after one person hugged another it was like ok … we’re not going down the line with that. I was looking for new ideas.

Then we put together the synthesis part with going through what we could do with this new such as writing a book, teaching others, or getting married. After that we went through the evaluation part. We had to keep refocusing them and they were tired by the end, but we had put them through good paces. I felt good about the meeting.

Whoops a couple of phone calls. First Marcia called and we chatted and then she got another call so we disconnected and then I found that Bob had called. Wow … I must be on the hot list. Bob had gotten off from work early and then he asked if I wanted to go out for breakfast. I know that’s something he likes to do with Rich so I figured why not … I’m always up for eating out. So he’s going to stop by and pick me up in a few moments. I guess that Marcia can’t go with because she said she’s got a cold all of a sudden and she doesn’t want to infect anyone. I’m thinking of it so I guess its some concern. It doesn’t seem fair I get to go out with her guy and she doesn’t, but friends are friends and were all pretty concrete about who goes out with who.

I’m not sure what we’ll talk about, but he did say he’s talked to the fishyman this morning and it seemed they were finally on some fish … so I was glad to hear that.

Good fishyman!

I had told Bob I should take a shower first, but he was like nahhhh you don’t have to do that … so we’re expecting a call to tell us he’s downstairs any moment … hard to concentrate on too much. I realized also that Rich’s show must be taping because without changing the channel myself we’re listening to a fishy show. Kind of reminds me of my guy so we left it on. We’re used to hearing fishy shows in the background.

I think that after Bob leaves we’re going to need concentrating on getting some of Rich’s work done and then we might look more carefully at some sewing stuff – though I might continue writing. Dr. Marvin felt that was something that might help keep me off the ledge I was on Thursday night. He did send a note saying that the insurance people gave permission for us to use the old medicine, so Dr. Marvin and us are going to need talking about whether I switch over or go back to the old stuff. We’ll have to see. But, for now … we better get this posted before Bob gets here. We’ll see you soon!