Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Umm, Sometime earlier this week ...

Good morning. This is me. I'm up early this morning in that it's about 4:50 and I've been talking to Thom in Im for quite a while. I won't go into all that here because it's not my business to expose Thom, but it sounds like things are concluding toward a legal separation. I have to see how that works out. I was happy that he felt he could talk to me. That's all on that.

Just got to wind down some feelings and get my thoughts back in order to my own business. I'm a little distracted. Maybe if I just get into being here in the room ... Well the kitties left the door open to their bathroom again - third time this morning :( and we're listening for just a few more moments to Anderson Cooper. Whoops there he goes. Now American morning is starting with John and Carol. Funny ... Carol is stepping in this morning for Betty, but my mothers and stepfather's name is John and Carol. Ok, that's about as far as we want to go there.

Hmm, technical difficulties with the channel ... ok, shhh ... we can do this. Just have to calm down.

Fishyface is still sleeping. I don't think he got home last night until about 11 pm. He had a lot of things to do. I remember counting off 5 things he had to do before getting home. One of them was to stop by and visit his friend Doug and another - the last thing was to visit with his son - maybe two sons. He might have been going out to see a movie ... maybe something different I'm not sure.

When he got home last night we were sleeping on the couch. I remember him waking us up and having us take our medicine. I think we were too tired to be real resistant. But, I can't remember the specifics. I think I went to bed early, because when I woke up this morning it was early and I hadn't even turned on my computer. I guess that's just the way things were.

I had made a couple stops on the way home from work. Rich needed me to pick-up his new computer and I needed to stop by the bank. Good Ann. There wasn't much to picking-up the computer. I had to wait a little bit before the Geek from Geeks Squad finished doing what he had to do. He suggested that I look around and I did so reluctantly. BUT, I knew right in front of the area I was waiting in there were phone and phone accessories. Basically, what I was looking for was earphones for my iPod - and if it would follow something for my phone.

What I ended up looking at was the blu-tooths. I think I could get one and it should work on the computer, phone, AND iPod. that be pretty cool. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but the effect is something like wi-fi ... where it just connects by being in the vicinity without the wires. I know how it works with the phone in that my phone is connected to Rich's car and if I don't turn off the Blu-tooth manually the car picks it up and we're listening to it over the speaker system. That seems easy enough.

The headphone I was looking at was a bigger ear thing then the two buds I have that have both broken because they were so cheap. I liked the sound well enough and the inconspicuous part, but they just didn't hold up ... the glue keeping the plastic shells together gave out. I saw them at the store yesterday and they were like $29.99. Yeeks, I don't want to do that again. The ones I was looking at were much more substantially, but the same idea - where they went in the open ear part instead of covering it. I don't mean to block out all else, just don't want to be looking as if we were closed off. I really, really like the part that it's wireless though. I like the idea of being to carry my devises in my pocket while in use and that includes being hands free in the car.

So anyway ... what we're getting to here is that the ones I liked cost $99.99. Yeeks that's a bite. But, the one thing I got going forward is that it's a step closer to getting back to the gym. The music and video was something that kept me entertained while I was there. Even if I only walked or biked, it would be enough to start.

Ok, not too much here though because I'd be way ahead of myself. I don't want to claim that's the only reason, because then I'd be liable to go even if I wasn't ready ... just a stepping stone. Hmm?

I have more that I want to talk about as to some of the work were doing at St. Rose, but it's already 5:30 am an that our new time to be taking our shower. I'd like to be up and out before Rich gets up and we're trying to leave here at 6:30 am and get to work at 7:00 am. This is all part of a general plan to be more work-worthy and to also get out the door by 2 pm on Friday's ... that part is all just too nice. So ... let me do that and then we'll come back, k?

Ok, Back!!

I just stopped by to wake up Rich too. It's about 5:40 am. I figure it's going to take him 20 minutes to get showered and dressed and that will allow some time for him to be with me :) Well, actually he has been trying to make poached eggs for both of us and this morning he has to check out his new computer. He should also be getting down to work earlier. We don't want him to become a slouch potato. I got to remember to tell him that when sister came back with the checks yesterday, she asked to herself out loud, "I wonder what he's working on? I wonder what he's doing?" She said it standing in front of his desk and I didn't volunteer anything. I figure she has to ask HIM directly if she wants to know that kind of information. And, you can be sure we're going to prepare bunny for that.

He needs to be up WITH an agenda!

Ok, we got that all going ... now maybe back to where we were gong earlier. Basically we've been doing something new to us this last week and we are working on it late into the night - well at least until 5:15 pm when we went home yesterday. Basically, we are making use of the Annual meeting for the clients to take really good report notes, and then after the goals and such are written, we go back over the annual report and pull out things like goals and objectives to work on.